Question. If BB is so "dead", why do these losers keep posting here and taking precious man-minutes/hours to post and blog. Is something that is dead really a threat? Since BB is dead, quit worring about what you still see in the media (and in the next 12 months to come). No one is worrying about LH Oswald learing from the grave to shoot anyone else...are they?

What seems to keep these types and bloggers awake at night is counting BB as out, but really seeing this awakening giant in the corner, with mad red eyes, ready for the bell and the next round of action. Yep, be afraid, be very afraid (of BB)! This boxing match ain't over! Far from it. All that has happened is that BB (formerly RIM when they hit the canvas) has awakened (thanks to THOR) and is making ready to whoop some A$$.

Yep, RIM didn't "stick and move" and "didn't see that sweet jump hook" that sent them to the canvas right before the bell ended that round. A few seconds later, water to the face, shoulder rub and corner encouragement (smelling salts) and we are ready and meaner than H#$!.

Just you wait and see!
    SDTRMG and Mecca EL like this.
    04-23-13 09:43 AM
    Curious: how long does it actually take?

My Z10 takes 2.5 seconds. My Razr Maxx takes 1 second.

Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's the difference between "waiting" for it to happen, and it "just happening."
    2.5 seconds to rotate!? Using the default browser and video player to test rotation, they both rotate before I can finish saying "one Mississippi".

I am using 10.1, but I don't remember it taking 2.5 seconds to rotate before that either...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-23-13 09:46 AM
    Must be on that Crack... no Berry.
    HA!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:50 AM
    Where is the beer fridge?
    04-23-13 09:54 AM

CALL SOMEONE YOU'RE CHATTING WITH

You don't have the option to call a contact from your messages. Remember how handy this feature used to be on Android? It's one of the most simplest of features and is a crime to not have it. On Android, if you were chatting with someone through SMS and then wanted to call that person all you would have to do is long-press the chat snippet and you'd be given lots and lots of options, one of them being CALL. I don't see that option on the Z10.
    Tap the blue bar at the top of your SMS screen. This will pull up the contact information so you can choose the phone number to call them on.

SEARCH DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYTHING BESIDES EMAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA. CAN'T SEARCH BY NAME.

Hub: When you're in the hub and you want to search for a phone call you placed the other day, you want to type in the name of the person that you called and have that dialed number show up. What you get is "No entries in this view". Go ahead, please try it.
    The search function is not intuitive and certainly needs some work. Previously, we were able to search a contacts name and get all recent activity with that contact. BBRY needs to address this in the new OS. Currently there is no way to search for a phone conversation, but other forms of communication can be searched if you are in the correct screen. Try searching from the home screen if you aren't finding what you are looking for when searching the hub. Hopefully, BBRY will address the shortcomings of the search function soon.

Inbox: When you're in messages and you want to look up "that" SMS you sent Rachel the other night, you want to type in her name in the search bar and get some results! Sadly, you get nothing but "No entries in this view".
    True. See the paragraph above.

BATTERY PERCENTAGE

What? How excruciating would have it been for you to include this BlackBerry? And it seems it still won't be addressed with new 10.1 update.
    Sorry, but this one sounds like whining. The battery is an icon that gives a relative gauge of the battery power remaining. There may be a different setting available for those that want to see a number - you might check the Help section on your phone for that information.

However, there are some great apps for those of us that desire greater detail. I prefer Battery Guru.

ROTATION DELAY

Look how fast screen rotation works on the iOS or Android. Blackberry, please get these kind of things right the first time. It's annoying have to wait 4 seconds for the screen to change its orientation. No matter how new your device is, no, it shouldn't take 4 seconds to rotate the screen.
    It does take a bit longer than the iPhone - I haven't checked it against a droid unit yet. This seems to be relates to how the phone is being held. The closer to vertical I hold it, the better it responds. Next time it seems slow, try moving it toward vertical and see if it works better for you.

CAN'T ADD CONTACT FROM THE HUB

After using the Z10 for quite a while, I appreciate how important and valuable the Hub is for an average user like me. I find myself doing most things like messaging and calling from inside the Hub. In the world of smartphones, it is a "given" to be able to add a contact from long-pressing an unknown contact number from....ANYWHERE. However, inside the Hub, you are not allowed to add a contact to an unknown number even when you're inside the Calls section. Long-pressing a number inside the Hub doesn't give you that option.
    It does work, but it is a little different. When in the hub, pressing and holding a phone number will open the side menu which has a contact icon that will allow you to add the phone number to a contact or create a new contact.

Using SMS requires that you actually be inside the conversation to do this. Yes, the contact icon is available from within the hub when long pressing the SMS conversation, but if you attempt to create a new contact, then the phone number field is blank. Open the SMS conversation and it works fine. No doubt this is a bug. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.

30 DAY EMAIL

I've heard of the 30 day Email limit although I'm not personally bothered by it. However, this is one heck of an OS limitation or bug. Probably the biggest, given that BlackBerry devices are pre-dominantly designed for business-people.
    Agreed.

Spend a little more time with the phone and it'll work for you. Hopefully the bugs will be addressed soon.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by niss63; 04-23-13 at 10:06 AM.
    04-23-13 09:54 AM
    First of all I'm huge BB fan and I still use my Bold 9700. However after 3 years I want to make a witch to a bigger screen and I would like to stay with BB as I'm not a fan of Android or Windows phones. I'm starting to think to switch to Apple if BB doesn't step up and do some improvements that is necessary for BB to stay in the smartphone market for years to come.

The only thing Apple is missing is a central place for their messages like the HUB on BB and another home screen instead displaying all the apps from the home screen. And the HUB isn't that great on the Z10. Here's why: When you get an e-mail, facebook message or notification and I read it on my computer at work or home on my tablet or any other device, it will still say that the message or notification hasn't been read on my BB while this isn't the case. Nokia Lumia 920 has already got this problem solved.... I would like BB to update this. Watch:

Other things BB should do are asap:

Camera: Get a better camera. This one ain't any good and pretty awful compared to any other device out there. Timeshift is great, must be said.

Apps:[/B] Apps are coming, however I wish it would improve a lot better and faster. Still can't do any mobile banking on the Z10. I have contacted my bank to please make an app for BB10 OS. As they do have it for all the old school BB's. As BB fans it's our duty to contact companies to get the word out to companies that we want and need BB10 apps.

Subscription: Why do I still have to pay � 5,00 extra for BB on my contract for BBM? Get rid of this and bring BBM to android, windows and IOS if possible. And why is there an option for BBM to automatically add contact from your phone to BBM as whatsapp does pretty clever?

Battery: Bigger battery. The battery should had been a 2100 mAh or bigger for that little extra for heavy users. Must commend on the extra battery accessories is pretty smart and will work for a lot people. However I ain't going to travel around with and extra battery all day.

HD Screen: Maybe a bit early but I think that the Z10 should have come with an HD screen as other phones are starting to come with these screens. BB fans has to waite properly another year. So sad!!!!

Great stuff: BB has got the best keyboard out there. Love it and this is this properly the biggest reason for me to get the Z10.

BB should build as very cheap Z10 kind of phone as there is a great market for smartphone in south america and south east asia....this could bring a lot of apps to the phone and increaser the amount of users. Not to forget the earnings they would make.
    Troll Alert!

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    04-23-13 09:56 AM

Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's the difference between "waiting" for it to happen, and it "just happening."
    I just rotated mine and it takes half a second. Most of the time I keep it on lock cause it rotates too fast. What version are yon on?

Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.672

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-23-13 09:59 AM

Mine takes 1.5 seconds

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:01 AM
    2.5 seconds to rotate!? Using the default browser and video player to test rotation, they both rotate before I can finish saying "one Mississippi".

I am using 10.1, but I don't remember it taking 2.5 seconds to rotate before that either...
    My bad, yup you're right... tried it again using those apps and it's < 1 second. Dunno what happened for my first test...
    04-23-13 10:03 AM
    Battery lover app is free and shows you percentage. Other apps available too like Battery Guru. Funny how people complained about lack of apps but now complain about having to download one because a bar graph battery readout is unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    Admit it its something bb forgot from what I hear the old BlackBerry devices had the percentage. the z10 is my first BlackBerry device and I like it but I'm not going to leave apps running to see my percentage its an extra drain on the battery which is uneccasry. This feature should be built in.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:07 AM
    Wow!! ALL FALSE --- Are we using the same BlackBerry Z10?

1. Call someone you're chatting with : In Hub, SMS, tap on the contact name on top and you are presented with all the options.

If not a contact already, tap and hold with call option.

2. Battery percentage: nothing major about this. After a while you understand the battery icon and can make a good estimate for yourself. This is not an engineering device and 50% or 53% doesn't matter.

3. Rotation display : it's instant for me. Absolutely same as any other device. Other devices the screen rotates at the slightest angle which would be the flaw.

4. Add contact from hub: long press on display name on top and add to contact from the menu overflow. Works everywhere in the hub.

5. 30 day email: its being worked on. You can remote search or use the browser for previous emails.

You could have simply asked these questions. Would request mod or op to clear the thread.

Posted via CB10

6. Search in Hub: works for everything besides phone calls. Good point and should be added in update.

To search for SMS goto text messages from hub and search.

AGREE BRO

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:17 AM
    My bad, yup you're right... tried it again using those apps and it's < 1 second. Dunno what happened for my first test...
    It's hit and miss. It can take longer then 2.5 sometimes.

Usually its quick but not always

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:18 AM
    Why is battery percentage so important never had it on my 9800 or 9860 I just look and common sense would kick in and I would realize my battery getting low. They do have apps for that but wouldn't it drain the battery also and usually I would get a warning a round 20 or 15%.....just asking

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:27 AM
    I'm on 10.1 now as well and it rotates much quicker than previous versions. I actually prefer how it was on .822. I find it now rotates to quickly for me. I wish there was an option to make the rotation slower / faster depending on user preference. Maybe one day.

Although the rest of the OPs points are mute, I must unfortunately agree with the search function limitations on CALLS/TEXT. At least in the leaked 10.1 OS, BB10 is unable able to search by contact name (ie From/To fields) or phone number in the HUB. There are alternatives solutions like going through the universal search or the contacts app but it kinda ruins the FLOW if you're in the HUB and instinctively expect the search option to be able to find any info within the HUB such as a simple thing like an old text convo with a contact you haven't messaged in a while.
    Last edited by jay_men; 04-23-13 at 10:49 AM.
    04-23-13 10:33 AM
    Now tell me... is that unforgivable?

Come to think of it, that video isn't really rated G.
    04-23-13 10:35 AM
    Thank you all! The troll has been "owned"!
    04-23-13 10:41 AM
    ..... When batt life gets low and I wanted to torture myself by seeing how much i had left i would just go into settings and then click hardware and see the percentage through there. But im not so concerened about it anymore...especially after getting the batter charging bundle thingie which has paid for itself over and over
    04-23-13 10:43 AM
    Admit it its something bb forgot from what I hear the old BlackBerry devices had the percentage. the z10 is my first BlackBerry device and I like it but I'm not going to leave apps running to see my percentage its an extra drain on the battery which is uneccasry. This feature should be built in.

Posted via CB10
    This is a multitasking phone, it's coded to have apps running.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-23-13 10:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Also the old BlackBerry phones had the battery percentage in the menu, as has the z10

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-23-13 10:54 AM
    Wow!! ALL FALSE --- Are we using the same BlackBerry Z10?

1. Call someone you're chatting with : In Hub, SMS, tap on the contact name on top and you are presented with all the options.

If not a contact already, tap and hold with call option.

2. Battery percentage: nothing major about this. After a while you understand the battery icon and can make a good estimate for yourself. This is not an engineering device and 50% or 53% doesn't matter.

3. Rotation display : it's instant for me. Absolutely same as any other device. Other devices the screen rotates at the slightest angle which would be the flaw.

4. Add contact from hub: long press on display name on top and add to contact from the menu overflow. Works everywhere in the hub.

5. 30 day email: its being worked on. You can remote search or use the browser for previous emails.

You could have simply asked these questions. Would request mod or op to clear the thread.

Posted via CB10

6. Search in Hub: works for everything besides phone calls. Good point and should be added in update.

To search for SMS goto text messages from hub and search.
    When I'm in text messages and want to call that person...hold down on the text and when you bring the call option up from the side it calls but has error" cid386". Every time a call is made. Normal?

Posted via CB10
    dirt662 likes this.
    04-23-13 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sweet. What the trick to getting two apps open on screen at once? I can't do it on mine.

Posted via CB10
    Saiga likes this.
    04-23-13 10:57 AM
    It's good to know that the carriers thoroughly tested the phone during the delay in the usa release

Posted via CB10
    Had no issues on my T-Mobile Z10. Maybe some carriers just don't care about the customer experience as much as others and their testing reflects that.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:59 AM
    The only thing Apple is missing is a central place for their messages like the HUB on BB and another home screen instead displaying all the apps from the home screen.
    Really? The absolute only thing? What about the fact that I can't pop a battery out and pop another in? :-) I hate that about my iPhone because it makes the struggle it gets to 7 hours even worse.

Camera: Get a better camera. This one ain't any good and pretty awful compared to any other device out there.
    Really? Absolutely every other device out there? Every single solitary one? Such drama! Such sweeping statements!

Still can't do any mobile banking on the Z10.
    So the device can't connect to the mobile website? And no banks have BlackBerry apps whatsoever? :-) Again with the sweeping statements.

Why do I still have to pay € 5,00 extra for BB on my contract for BBM?
    That's not BlackBerry's to fix. That's your carrier's service. Probably a fix by going to another carrier. :-)

Maybe a bit early but I think that the Z10 should have come with an HD screen as other phones are starting to come with these screens. BB fans has to waite properly another year. So sad!!!!
    I bet half the users can't even see the difference on a 4" screen. :-) and how is a 1280 x 768 @ 356 ppi screen not "HD"? You mean 1080P?

Like your other comments. Just needling a bit. ;-)
    SDTRMG and Mecca EL like this.
    04-23-13 11:11 AM
    When I'm in text messages and want to call that person...hold down on the text and when you bring the call option up from the side it calls but has error" cid386". Every time a call is made. Normal?

Posted via CB10
    I can't duplicate this. Pressing and holding the text results in this menu:

Unforgivable Flaws/Bugs on the Z10 (IMHO)-img_00000064_edit.png

Precisely, what steps are you taking immediately prior to getting the error message?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes if I hit alt + shift + h on my old 9900 I could see the percentage. It wasn't available on the main screen or easily without the shortcut. Now I swipe up, one swipe left and click on app! I don't leave app open, and people have said how to get it without an app so it is included in the OS. From what you hear is not what I recall from actual usage on both OS's, but many seem to be posting here without actually using any of the devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:22 AM
189 12345 ...