Anyone using h2o service for the z10 unlocked??
    Please help because I can't seem to use my data services
    I have a stl1 n upgraded to 10.1 but still can't change APN
    Please suggest
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 12:58 PM
    Anyone using h2o service for the z10 unlocked??
    Please help because I can't seem to use my data services
    I have a stl1 n upgraded to 10.1 but still can't change APN
    Please suggest
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the CB Forums,

Do you currently have a BIS plan or a straight data plan? One reason you may have trouble getting data is that BIS is no longer used on the BB10 devices
    04-30-13 09:13 PM
    You would need to change APN to get data

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:14 PM
    I have a straight data plan on h20

I upgraded to a 10.1 o's from a .99 on my stl1

I used a T-Mobile sim and my data works fine and I can change the APN on that, but when I insert my h20 sim the APN setting is greyed out.

I can't use the T-Mobile sim because as soon as I enter my house the signal goes dead and z10 doesn't have wifi calling so T-Mobile is useless for me

I don't know what the deal with the h20 is ---- y can't I change the APN on that and how will the data work?

Please help
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 01:25 AM
    I have a straight data plan on h20

I upgraded to a 10.1 o's from a .99 on my stl1

I used a T-Mobile sim and my data works fine and I can change the APN on that, but when I insert my h20 sim the APN setting is greyed out.

I can't use the T-Mobile sim because as soon as I enter my house the signal goes dead and z10 doesn't have wifi calling so T-Mobile is useless for me

I don't know what the deal with the h20 is ---- y can't I change the APN on that and how will the data work?

Please help
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    By the sounds of it your carrier locks down the ability to change apn

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 07:38 AM
    Just a thought, and it probably won't work... try changing the APN with the T-Mobile sim in and then switch to the h2o sim

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 11:39 AM
    I did that lol ------ didn't work though

The funny thing there was the APN of h20 was working on T-Mobile ---- I put the h20 APN on the T-Mobile sim and saved it but the data services were still working on the T-Mobile sim

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 02:27 PM
    Weird

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:04 PM
    H2O runs on AT&T's network and from what I've read, AT&T has locked down APN settings. Not sure if there is any connection between the two but its a possibility.
    05-01-13 04:02 PM
    Possibly true but h20 data works with any other blackberry except the z10 - don't know what the deal with that is.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 05:28 PM
    Were you able to configure it? I just got a SIM yesterday and still unable to configure the data, everything else works fine except data. No one seems to know anything about it, best buy, at&t or h2owireless support. I called h2o support 3 times, no one seems to even know about BB 10!! they were surprised to know that there was a new BB.
    I am traveling and I really need to have the data working. I love the z10, however, now I am kind of feeling left out for not sticking with the trend -iOS or Android :s this really sucks.
    11-11-13 08:37 PM
    Does the ATT BB Z10 have to be unlocked to use H2O or is working per say out the box? Reason asking my friend has H@O on his BBZ10 and wanted to sell it to me for use on my TMOBILE. I have heard the TMO settings are adjustable through their BB tech support if has the number STL 100-3 under the battery.

SO if he is using it on H2O is it unlocked or is it working because they use ATT lines?
    01-26-14 02:03 PM
    The only way to change apn settings for an ATT mvno (h2o, straight talk att sim, red pocket) is through the escreen.
    Here's some info about it: How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    After you follow the instructions on the link, tap 'general radio', look for apn and change it there, reboot, your z10 should have data working now.
    01-26-14 04:01 PM
    Does the ATT BB Z10 have to be unlocked to use H2O or is working per say out the box? Reason asking my friend has H@O on his BBZ10 and wanted to sell it to me for use on my TMOBILE. I have heard the TMO settings are adjustable through their BB tech support if has the number STL 100-3 under the battery.

SO if he is using it on H2O is it unlocked or is it working because they use ATT lines?
    Any ATT locked phone works with its mvnos (straight talk att sim, h2o, red pocket...), so to see if the phone is unlocked you have to try with a Tmobile or its mvno sim card to check if it is unlocked.
    01-26-14 04:07 PM
    The only way to change apn settings for an ATT mvno (h2o, straight talk att sim, red pocket) is through the escreen.
    Here's some info about it: How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    After you follow the instructions on the link, tap 'general radio', look for apn and change it there, reboot, your z10 should have data working now.
    I'm evaluating AT&T MNVOs for use in areas where Tmob has no service. Is there a list of APNs for various carriers?

I already have the engineering screen hack and confirmed your instructions on where to find it.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:59 PM
    I'm evaluating AT&T MNVOs for use in areas where Tmob has no service. Is there a list of APNs for various carriers?

I already have the engineering screen hack and confirmed your instructions on where to find it.

Posted via CB10
    Here's a wikipedia list af all us mvnos: List of United States mobile virtual network operators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-26-14 08:25 PM
    I have a z10 running on h2o with data working. Not great service in my area, but it's good enough for my 11 year old kid. Follow the instructions about the escreen. It works.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:58 PM