I am unable to use BBM over mobile data. I have "Allow calls over mobile network" turned on. I have also checked with carrier they had no restriction over it. Other things like Whats aap, Viber, emails etc works perfectly over mobile data.

Please help

Z10 STL 100-3, OS 10.2.1.2179
    06-08-14 10:46 AM
    Do you have a BlackBerry icon beside your signal indicator on the upper right side of the screen? Without it, you can never connect to BlackBerry services (BBM, BlackBerry World, etc.)

Attachment 277025
    06-08-14 12:17 PM
    Do you have yours Blackberry Data Plan active???
    06-08-14 12:27 PM
    This could be the issue if you are not on a BB10 device. What device are you using?
    06-08-14 01:31 PM
    I have the same issue, thought I can connect to AppWorld and other BB services. BB logo appear only when I'm on Wifi. Solutions?
    06-08-14 01:31 PM
    This could be the issue if you are not on a BB10 device. What device are you using?
    It says Z10 on OP's signature

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:32 PM
    I bought my father a Q5 he have a same problem. BBM text not working on mobile network but he will receive bbm voice or video.
    I heard that Blackberry have some special tipe of autentification verification and that mobile provider (in my father case EroNet) has blocked it.
    Client service couldn't resolve the issue.
    All other apps are working fine on mobile network

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 01:48 PM
    I presume no one is accidentally on a BIS plan?
    Gatmyer likes this.
    06-08-14 01:53 PM
    I'm actually on a BIS plan. My carrier doesn't let me connect to the Internet if I'm going to use a regular plan.
    06-08-14 02:03 PM
    My father have no BIS plan for his Q5 (no need for it) and his provider have no BIS for legacy BlackBerry devices eather

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:04 PM
    I'm on the same boat as you OP. I created a thread because of this too, but I couldn't find an answer.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:27 PM
    You need bis plan. If you have no bis, it's impossible for BlackBerry to work properly without wifi.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:52 PM
    You need bis plan. If you have no bis, it's impossible for BlackBerry to work properly without wifi.

Posted via CB10
    No, you are wrong. BB10 doesn't need a BIS plan, it can be used with a regular plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:55 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry icon beside your signal indicator on the upper right side of the screen? Without it, you can never connect to BlackBerry services (BBM, BlackBerry World, etc.)

Attachment 277025
    Not getting that icon when connected with data plan. I get BB icon beside signal indicator only when connected to Wifi.
    06-08-14 02:55 PM
    I do not have BIS. I have normal 3G data plan of carrier
    06-08-14 02:56 PM

Attachment 277025
    But I can easily connect BB world and can download aaps too. (Forgot to mention)
    06-08-14 02:57 PM
    Normal data plan is something completely diffirent... bis is needed to use BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 02:59 PM
    You can connect you can download and that's all.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 03:01 PM
    To calrify: When connected to 3G data plan I can:

- Connect to BB world
    - Can download and update aaps from BB world
    - Can change BB ID password
    - Can turn BB Protect on
    - Can do all other internet based things

Nut unfortunately cannot use BBM
    06-08-14 03:05 PM
    please try a device restart, hold the volume buttons down, both of them, for about 10 seconds and the device will restart. See if the problem still exists. Usually a restart like that fixes it, please try it.
    06-08-14 03:08 PM
    Normal data plan is something completely diffirent... bis is needed to use BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    BIS is needed for BBOS, not BB10. As for the OPs issue, he really should have asked if there was some sort of BB Enabler addon that is missing from the service plan. Not saying it would make a difference but when I worked for Rogers I could not tell you how many times I had to transfer back from tech to CS because they did not know jack squat and had to provision the plan to get correct features.
    06-08-14 03:12 PM
    BIS is needed for BBOS, not BB10. As for the OPs issue, he really should have asked if there was some sort of BB Enabler addon that is missing from the service plan. Not saying it would make a difference but when I worked for Rogers I could not tell you how many times I had to transfer back from tech to CS because they did not know jack squat and had to provision the plan to get correct features.
    Didn't know. Here in PL only extra thing which is needed is BIS. So... maybe you're right.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 03:16 PM
    To calrify: When connected to 3G data plan I can:

- Connect to BB world
    - Can download and update aaps from BB world
    - Can change BB ID password
    - Can turn BB Protect on
    - Can do all other internet based things

Nut unfortunately cannot use BBM
    I've got the small issue, but in the UK on Z10 EE network Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.700

Yes I know I'm running a leak but I haven't had this issue with a leak before so I'm not convinced that's the cause + it was working before, then stopped working again, I only see the BlackBerry icon (4 bullets) when I connect to wifi, even stranger still right now I don't even see the wifi when wifi is on, the Bb symbol just appears, then disappears if I turn wifi off..

Have tried reboot etc might resort to doing the whole leak process again after I check it's not a network thing..

Check Out TechCraze
    08-05-14 04:17 AM
    I started experiencing this last week too. The same thing happened about a year ago and BB had to do an update to fix it. I'm on the EE network in the UK. I'm also on a z10 and on 10.3.0.296.

To clear things up for those who seem confused..

1) BlackBerry10 DOES NOT NEED BIS. It only needs to connect to the BB servers and does this via the regular Carrier data service. This is also why we can now get BBM on Windows Phone, Android and the Iphone. BIS is strictly pre-BB10 phones.

2)The BB symbol that shows up beside the network signal bars means that the phone is connected to the BlackBerry Servers and this is required for BBM and BlackBerry World to work. I.E. apps that are dependent on your BlackBerry ID. I think this might be the Secure Networking that you see in Device Manager (not sure though).

What happens in my case is:

1) The BB Symbol ALWAYS shows on Wifi thus, BBM works.
    2) The BB Symbol ALWAYS shows on 3G/HSDPA thus, BBM works.
    3) The BB Symbol ONLY shows on 4G... IF I'm on 3G first.. then switch to 4G.
    4) If the phone picks up 4G first, the BB symbol never shows thus, BBM etc.. does not work.

It sucks and EE have no idea what the problem is. All was fine until about the end of last week.
    08-05-14 05:38 AM
    I started experiencing this last week too. The same thing happened about a year ago and BB had to do an update to fix it. I'm on the EE network in the UK. I'm also on a z10 and on 10.3.0.296.

To clear things up for those who seem confused..

1) BlackBerry10 DOES NOT NEED BIS. It only needs to connect to the BB servers and does this via the regular Carrier data service. This is also why we can now get BBM on Windows Phone, Android and the Iphone. BIS is strictly pre-BB10 phones.

2)The BB symbol that shows up beside the network signal bars means that the phone is connected to the BlackBerry Servers and this is required for BBM and BlackBerry World to work. I.E. apps that are dependent on your BlackBerry ID. I think this might be the Secure Networking that you see in Device Manager (not sure though).

What happens in my case is:

1) The BB Symbol ALWAYS shows on Wifi thus, BBM works.
    2) The BB Symbol ALWAYS shows on 3G/HSDPA thus, BBM works.
    3) The BB Symbol ONLY shows on 4G... IF I'm on 3G first.. then switch to 4G.
    4) If the phone picks up 4G first, the BB symbol never shows thus, BBM etc.. does not work.

It sucks and EE have no idea what the problem is. All was fine until about the end of last week.
    !! Your 3G thing was interesting, tried it and it's the same on mine! I switched my network to 3g+2G only, toggled wifi on and off and the BlackBerry symbol reappeared, but I'm still trying to see if that actually makes it work on data, or it just makes the symbol appear, what does it mean for you? That it works but only on 3G?

EDIT: yeah, everything works for me on 3G

Check Out TechCraze
    08-05-14 05:51 AM
28 12