Hey all.
    Tried to find a solution in forum but wasn't successful.
    I am not able to receive any calls on my Z10. I can call out but no calls received.
    Even voice mail doesn't work. I am running 10.2.0.1743 on STL100-3
    Would this be a carrier issue or the os? I checked the call blocking setting and all show off.

Any ideas? Thanks
    Dennis
    09-25-13 03:00 PM
    Did you just port your number from a different carrier?
    09-25-13 03:27 PM
    Wow. I wouldn't claim to be an expert, but have you tried calling your phone from a landline? Or a reboot (holding both volume keys until the startup animation appears)? Do you have any radio bars showing? Last resort, I would try the carrier's customer line to make sure there isn't anything wacky on their end.
    09-25-13 03:28 PM
    Hi Morpheus v7 and BBNewB5

No, I have had this number for several years. I have tried rebooting, removing battery, reloading software, refreshing software.
    The only thing is it won't receive a call. Texting, emails etc all work. Plus I can call out.I had 10.2.xxx loaded and went back to original OS, same problem.
    Bell can't seem to help other then tell me to "have it repaired" gee thanks. Funny thing is my voice message system doesn't work, IE calls don't go to voice.
    just into nowhere land. This is why I think it's on Bell's side.

Thanks anyway, off to the Bell store I go I guess..
    Dennis
    09-25-13 06:17 PM
    I remember another post about Call Blocking and their's was carrier based.

I'd have to agree with you that it may be Bell.
    09-25-13 08:50 PM
    Sounds carrier based.

AT&T Z10
    09-25-13 08:53 PM
    Yes, turned out Bell doesn't have any towers out here in La La land but uses Telus's towers. They were having some severe issues thus my problem. All is well today.
    This what I heard from a friend working at Bell and he had no reason to make anything up.
    Makes sense "I guess"!
    09-26-13 03:17 PM
    What happens when someone tries to call? What message do they get?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:30 PM
    Sounds good if all is still well.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:55 PM
    No message, line would just go dead. See note below
    09-26-13 05:25 PM
    Still good (touch wood)
    09-26-13 05:25 PM
    Interesting. I am with Bell as well and this happened to me yesterday and now again today. I can make calls and send texts etc but can not receive a call or a text. If you call my number from a landline it rings once and goes directly to voice mail. I live in a larger city so I am using bell towers. Phone shows good signals and LTE coverage. I have done a reset and battery pulls both did not resolve the issue. I am running 10.2.0.1743.
    09-27-13 10:28 AM
    The Bell guy told me it was a Telus issue because Bell doesn't have any towers in BC. I would guess that includes Alberta as well. I'm not sure east of there. Perhaps it was a Bell issue communicating with other company towers? I could receive text messages just not calls and it wouldn't go to my voice mail unless the phone was turned off. I downgraded to 10.1.xxxx and it still wouldn't work on a regular basis. I thought it was the handset but now it works. You used to be able to reregister your handset with the network manually, not sure how you do it with 10.1+. You'd think by doing a battery pull and your phone restarts it would do that anyway. I'm beginning to wonder if my phone actually is working properly too although the few calls I got yesterday came thru ok and I didn't hear about a problem. You'd think if it was a common problem there would be 1000 posts with the same question.
    09-28-13 09:17 AM
    still having issues with this. It will work and then randomly stop working. During one of these times it asked me to turn radio on which was weird considering it was already on and showing coverage signal as good. Going to try a full wipe and reload can not seem to think of what else it might be as Snarlybear said above if it was a large issue the threads would be running strong and yet there seems to be no other complaints.
    09-28-13 02:43 PM