Okay, something is broken - either the Blackberry Link software (v1.0.1.17), or the 10.0.9.422 software on my Verizon Z10.
    Link keeps telling me that an update is available, and keeps trying to update to 10.0.9.422 - the same version that is already on the phone, and the update process keeps causing a reboot and failing.
    I am also not able to do a backup using Link. It fails at every attempt.
    Bad.
    03-30-13 09:40 PM
    When I hook my phone up to BlackBerry Link it doesn't show up at all (the phone pic you are supposed to click on). I have Verizon too!
    03-30-13 09:43 PM
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Link software. While Link has been less than optimal for me, it has been able to perform a backup of my phone. Or at least it says it has. I haven't had to use a backup to restore the phone ... yet.
    03-30-13 09:44 PM
    Okay, something is broken - either the Blackberry Link software (v1.0.1.17), or the 10.0.9.422 software on my Verizon Z10.
    Link keeps telling me that an update is available, and keeps trying to update to 10.0.9.422 - the same version that is already on the phone, and the update process keeps causing a reboot and failing.
    I am also not able to do a backup using Link. It fails at every attempt.
    Bad.
    Software update - same thing here exactly. I ignore it.

What message do you get when it fails to backup? Is it a "BB Link has stopped working" message?
    03-30-13 09:45 PM
    Already tried uninstalling/reinstalling Link.
    Says "Preparing to backup", then "Backup Failed". That's it.
    03-30-13 09:51 PM
    Mine keeps directed me to update (to the same version) also however it did fail. I backed up fine. Same VzW Z10
    03-30-13 09:52 PM
    I can even load Link on my computer anymore. BlackBerry desktop version 7 also won't load to back up my PlayBook. Both seemed to have stopped working. Using Win7 pro...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:55 PM
    Already tried uninstalling/reinstalling Link.
    Says "Preparing to backup", then "Backup Failed". That's it.
    I guess you've already done the battery pull thing?
    03-30-13 09:57 PM
    Also, Document Sync using BB Link seems to be FUBAR. While BB Link successfully creates a new "JimsZ10" folder in "C:Users\-name-\My Pictures", and "C:Users\-name-\My Videos", it seems to be trying to create the same folder in "C:Users\-name-\Documents" instead of "C:Users\-name-\MY Documents" Windows 8 is not allowing this, so document Syncing is messed up. I only figured this out because I saw BB Link throw up a message about unable to create folder "C:Users\-name-\Documents\JimsZ10" and I noticed it was missing the "My". When I tried to create a folder called "Documents" under "C:Users\-name-\", Win 8 would not allow me to do it either.
    03-30-13 10:00 PM
    I was able to back up my Z10, but could not sync with my contacts or my calendar. It appears that I can move things from my pc to the phone but I can't move data from the phone to my pc.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:36 AM
    Having had initial difficulties myself with Link and backing up I am happy to report that Blackberry Technical Support solved all of my problems (with the phone I mean ). If you have all the latest updates then I would consider your computer the problem as it was in my case. Be patient. Get a service call started with BBTS and they will follow through and get this solved for you. Took me over an hour to get connected but once I was BBTS took over and solved everything. They called back when they said they would with the answers and walked me through it. Awesome support!
    03-31-13 11:42 AM