Hi all,

I need a bit of help - I'm trying to add my work email to my BB10 which was sync to my BB07 device via OWA. When adding my email work email address to bb10 I'm being displayed with this error:

" service for account (email address) is not available. Access should be available soon. [ error code 403] "

Contacted my IT my account wasn't locked and I was able to log in using Web mail. UK based address

Any ideas what error code 403 is ???!!!!!!?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 03:38 PM
    Are you sure active sync is enabled for your account?

Connecting through OWA on your old device is not the same. It bypassed Active sync

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 03:49 PM
    Not sure it's possible it may not be to be honest I didn't get full sync on my old bold just inbox sent items and sub folders.

If active sync isn't enable is there any other way to add my mailbox to my phone

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 03:41 AM
    That depends on whether imap, or pop3 are enabled, and published to the web. Only your IT Admin could tell you this sorry.
    04-05-13 03:56 AM
    Jfunds

Your response confirms that you weren't using active sync on your old device.

To be honest I'm not sure why blackberry even had that option defeats the whole purpose of having a bes

Talk to your IT to see if they allow active sync or have bes10 setup

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 06:06 AM
    OWA never really synced on previous OS's. It was simply a BIS account able to retrieve e-mail to the device from Exchange. It was typically a one-way sync to the device, that's all.

The message can indicate several things - incorrect info in your settings page, or that EAS is not enabled.
    04-05-13 06:30 AM
    Spoken to my IT And active sync has been disable. I have to use my OS7 device or download good technology which isn't supported on BB10.

Very sad news but they did say they may upgrade our BES environment if it can support IOS and android some thing they were told by Vodafone is this ppl?????

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 05:38 AM
    Jfunds

Your response confirms that you weren't using active sync on your old device.

To be honest I'm not sure why blackberry even had that option defeats the whole purpose of having a bes

Talk to your IT to see if they allow active sync or have bes10 setup

Posted via CB10
    I wish they kept both options really make it possible to add any email mailbox, on my old bold it only sync my inbox and sent items which was enough for me, massive bonus NO IT policy which was great but heyyy maybe blackberry will add this feature back at a later date # Wish full thinking

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 05:47 AM
    I have Z10 and playbook, *I managed to setup Active Sync on both devices for the same work email with the same settings, but on palybook a work space been created (blackberry balance) where on Z10 nothing happened,only personal space available. Why is that ? Why there is no workspace for my work email through Active Sync likethe one created on playbook for the same email with the same settings. Please advise.*
    05-08-13 06:11 PM