First off, I'm overall happy with my Z10, though I'm having several annoying issues:

* Undeletable Files. I downloaded 9 podcasts the other day, using the standard browser. 6 of the podcasts are now "Read Only" and can not be moved, renamed, or deleted. I had tried from within the standard browser, browsing from a pc, and from within a command line shell (BG Shell). File Manager properties shows that the files are readonly, but has no option to change this. All other methods I try eithet give a permission denied error, or silently failed.

* Email stuck in outbox. I sent an email, and didn't receive a reply as expected. It turns out that it spent 2 days in the out box, and the device forgot about it. I sent other messages in this time and they went fine. I had to move the message to the inbox, then forward to the original recipient.

* email repeatedly copied to Sent folder. The other day, I was sending pictures from a personal account to a work one. The email got copied from outbox to sent 24 times over the course of a bit over 4 hours. It was sent once, then copied to the sent folder 24 times. One other mail was sent during this 4 hours with no problems.

* Some android apps can't access Internet while on Verizon 4g. They work fine on wifi, but claim that they have no net connection when on 4g. Example, the wordpress app (from appworld) when trying to connect to a self-hosted blog. And the zynga games when sideloaded. It feels like the android player should be connection agnostic...

* random reboots. I have been suffering the random reboots issue. The first couple were before adding any apps for didn't come out of the box. Hub, camera, maps. The rate hasn't changed since adding apps and sideloading. It's about 1-2 per day. Sometimes while in use, sometimes when idle.

* BB protect is cool, and I've used it a bunch on my 9930. On the Z10, i've seen it die and not be able to run periodically. During this time, running the setup program shows it as off, with the toggle grayed out.

I love the social integration, calendars, etc. So much nicer than the 9930. With a bit of tweaking on my personal mail server's IMAP IDLE config, this Z10 receives mail faster than bis did. And little things like my work outlook/activesync mail even syncing in progress mail drafts to the phone is so cool. Its builtin syncing of my many google calendars including shared ones is totally flawless. Its just the OS and stability bugs that are irksome.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:30 AM
    Unfortunately Verizon has us stuck on an older OS, it's possible, probable that some if not all of these issues are fixed on the update that was released to every other carrier. Eventually Verizon will release the update, or a later update that will fix these issues.
    04-18-13 11:36 AM
    for the permission denied problem Try Root Browser(Install it from snap or another android store). It helped me removing an unwanted folder and some files.
    01-06-15 03:46 PM