I'm with EE but used the Vodafone SIM card trick to upgrade to the latest BB 10 OS. Everything seems ok but I've noticed that my notifications and hub are messed up.

For starters, every notification is shown as double. So a single email notification will be the email icon with '2' next to it. Not a massive deal but it's still very annoying.

Not only that, but after ringing someone who didn't pick up, I then got a 2 missed calls icon, which makes no sense.

Different sections of the Hub are mixed up as well. Selecting BBM in the hub for example does nothing, it just carries on showing all my unified emails and messages.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I've tried restarting the phone and the Hub itself. I really don't want to delete and add my accounts again, because setting up my many different Gmail calendars for work was an absolute marathon pain in the *** that I feel sick just thinking about having to do again...

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by MaskedMagi; 03-04-13 at 05:00 AM.
    03-04-13 04:50 AM
    I will advise with the most hated advice : do a battery pull?
    How about your BBID?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 04:52 AM
    I'm with EE but used the Vodafone SIM card trick to upgrade to the latest BB 10 OS. Everything seems ok but I've noticed that my notifications and hub are messed up.

For starters, every notification is shown as double. So a single email notification will be the email icon with '2' next to it. Not a massive deal but it's still very annoying.

Not only that, but after ringing someone who didn't pick up, I then got a 2 missed calls icon, which makes no sense.

Different sections of the Hub are mixed up as well. Selecting BBM in the hub for example does nothing, it just carries on showing all my unified emails and messages.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? I've tried restarting the phone and the Hub itself. I really don't want to delete and add my accounts again, because setting up my many different Gmail calendars for work was an absolute marathon pain in the *** that I feel sick just thinking about hiving to do again...

Thanks for the help.
    Did you do the carrier specific update after the main os update?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 04:56 AM
    maby resetting the hub with the 5 swipe gesture?...
    03-04-13 05:02 AM
    Well I'm with EE and they haven't rolled the update out yet, only Vodafone have.

So following advice on here, I bought a cheap Vodafone pay as you go SIM, put it in the Z10 and then got the update notification to 10.0.10.90. I updated the OS then put my EE SIM card back into my Z10.

Battery pull didn't seem to fix anything and my BBID is also fine and five swipe gesture didn't fix anything either
    03-04-13 05:03 AM
    Well I'm with EE and they haven't rolled the update out yet, only Vodafone have.

So following advice on here, I bought a cheap Vodafone pay as you go SIM, put it in the Z10 and then got the update notification to 10.0.10.90. I updated the OS then put my EE SIM card back into my Z10.

Battery pull didn't seem to fix anything and my BBID is also fine and five swipe gesture didn't fix anything either
    The problem is EE is very different from Vodafone, including the lte frequency. I don't think this was a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 05:05 AM
    maby resetting the hub with the 5 swipe gesture?...
    What is the 5 swipe gesture?
    03-04-13 05:08 AM
    resets the hub by swiping diagonally down from top right 5 times (while in the hub).
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    03-04-13 05:13 AM
    I haven't had any problems with the Vodafone update on my Z10. Hopefully the battery pull will work for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:20 AM
    resets the hub by swiping diagonally down from top right 5 times (while in the hub).

WOW I never knew that....COOL!
    03-04-13 07:24 AM
    Oh, never mind, I guess you already tried.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:25 AM
    I have a different problem. I have no bbm option in the hub. Restarting the hub does nothing neither does battery pull.
    At a loss. Everything else is fine!
    It's only bbm that is the issue!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:35 AM
    To add to that, the BBM section of the hub just acts as the main hub page. Currently backing up my phone, will let you know if a full restore fixes it. Really wish I didn't try the Vodafone SIM now, looks like I'm in for a lot of hassle after my half day at work, could have really done without this faffing around...
    03-04-13 07:42 AM
    Having the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 07:46 AM
    security wipe fixed my issue

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 01:45 PM
    No issues for me.. Everything fine, although it took a while to settle down after the update. I will consider myself lucky
    03-04-13 02:09 PM
    security wipe fixed my issue

Posted via CB10
    Me too.

So basically nothing I tried resolved my screwed notifications and hub issue. So I did a full backup on BlackBerry Link (which kept failing on my PC but worked on a Mac after a few attempts). The backup took ages but did finish. I then did a security wipe, which again took forever. I went down to have dinner after already waiting 15 minutes and when I came back up the screen was blank and the yellow LED was flashing. I thought something had gone wrong but it turned on fine. Now I can't remember at this stage if it was the original .348 OS, but I immediately connected the Z10 back up to BlackBerry link and recovered just my data and apps (not media).

Booted up the Z10 after that (which again took a while), and hey presto, all my email accounts, calendars etc were as they should be, with notifications working just fine. Except I was still on the old OS.

This time I took my mum's Vodafone SIM card instead of the (possibly badly cut Vodafone one I bought), put it in and re-installed the newest update. This time everything was still working ok without any screwed up notifications.

Now, only problem was, my side-loaded Google Maps app didn't work, which is a major deal breaker for me. Neither of the two from the sticky thread on the CB forums worked, they kept quitting. But thanks to user jeroen_13 this Google Places 6.2 app (with maps and nav) worked just fine.

I'm hoping that's the end of it and that my calendars still sync and work. Time will tell, but at least it got sorted in the end. Sorry for the assault of text but just thought I'd write what happened in case anyone else had the same problems.
    03-04-13 06:53 PM