Hi guys,

I have updated my BB Z10 OS using the UK Vodafone sim card. There are maybe some more users of this model in India who would want to update the OS but do not have access to the sim card required for updation of OS. I had bought two sim cards, one of which I am keeping with me for the future updates and the other one if anyone requires, pls tell me and I will courier you the same. The only thing I ask is that if anyone else from India posts here that they need the sim card for updating the OS, then the person to whom I am sending the card will further courier the card to the next one, and so on.

To anyone wondering, this is totally free of cost, only for the love of blackberry and for all the blackberry lovers.

Note - Sim card sent through courier to Devanshu Srivastava, if anyone else requires it pls post here or send me a pm.
    ami.one and BlackistheBerry like this.
    03-14-13 04:47 AM
    Thanks for this altruistic initiative.

I am thinking of buying a z10 from a guy who has got it from UK and is selling it fairly cheap compared to the model officially available in India.

Can you tell me if there are any drawbacks in using the UK model in India ? Will there be any issues with the PIN etc ? Will i need a UK sim everytime i want to update the OS ?
    03-14-13 05:51 AM
    No drawbacks, what pin u r talking about I don't understand. If ur talking about the unlock code then no it has to be unlocked only once. Sim u will need every time u want to update. Mapmyindia u won't be able to use on ur phone. I think that's it.
    Other difference is only that the UK phone is lte enabled and the Indian model is not.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 06:23 AM
    Thanks a ton Amit really glad to hear that. I just hope I get it on time. Can't wait anymore. Hehe.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:48 AM
    hy i wud like use the sim for upgrading my z10 stl 100-2 os....pls gimme ur mail address i wud like to mail u my address
    [email protected]
    03-15-13 12:36 PM
    hy i wud like use the sim for upgrading my z10 stl 100-2 os....pls gimme ur mail address i wud like to mail u my address
    [email protected]
    Hi hvd, I have sent U the mail.
    03-15-13 01:10 PM
    Thanks a ton Amit really glad to hear that. I just hope I get it on time. Can't wait anymore. Hehe.

Posted via CB10
    Hey devanshu, were U able to update.
    03-15-13 01:16 PM
    I didn't receive any mail till now

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:09 PM
    I didn't receive any mail till now

Posted via CB10
    I sent u a PM with the courier details did u not get it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:21 PM
    I don't know how to check pm

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:01 PM
    Click this link to see your PM http://forums.crackberry.com/private.php
    03-15-13 10:20 PM
    I don't know how to check pm

Posted via CB10
    The courier is DTDC and the docket no. is Z83584782. You can call the DTDC helpline and check with them. In any case u should get it today as it was sent on Thursday.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Amit Oberoi; 03-16-13 at 01:04 AM.
    03-16-13 12:50 AM
    Devanshu I got it checked from the courier company and they say it has been delivered yesterday. please can u confirm.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:59 AM
    Hello, Devanshu ???????
    03-16-13 07:45 AM
    Devanshu can u please confirm whether you have received the sim card or not. As per the courier company it has been delivered.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 08:14 PM
    Hi guys,

I have updated my BB Z10 OS using the UK Vodafone sim card. There are maybe some more users of this model in India who would want to update the OS but do not have access to the sim card required for updation of OS. I had bought two sim cards, one of which I am keeping with me for the future updates and the other one if anyone requires, pls tell me and I will courier you the same. The only thing I ask is that if anyone else from India posts here that they need the sim card for updating the OS, then the person to whom I am sending the card will further courier the card to the next one, and so on.

To anyone wondering, this is totally free of cost, only for the love of blackberry and for all the blackberry lovers.

Note - Sim card sent through courier to Devanshu Srivastava, if anyone else requires it pls post here or send me a pm.
    Very nice gesture!
    Amit Oberoi likes this.
    03-16-13 09:41 PM
    Sorry Amit. Yes I received the mail thanks a ton for that. Will update my phone today. And couldn't reply cos my exams are going on. Will update it and tell you the feedback asap. And after that I'll drop it at your office

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:23 PM
    Sorry Amit. Yes I received the mail thanks a ton for that. Will update my phone today. And couldn't reply cos my exams are going on. Will update it and tell you the feedback asap. And after that I'll drop it at your office

Posted via CB10
    Great, just remember it takes a lot of time and sometime it may seem that it is not proceeding but don't do anything and it will work. In my case it took about half an hour each for downloading and updating. And if U don't get a notification for the update just do a manual software update check and it will come. Switch off the phone, put in the uk ism card and switch it on, U will see the Vodafone splash screen, it catches Vodafone India btw, then connect to WiFi and go for the update. All the best, both for updating and ur exams.
    03-17-13 12:03 AM
    Thanks so much for all this help so far. Really appreciate it. Hard to find people like you who help and make efforts for complete strangers.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 01:40 AM
    Thanks so much for all this help so far. Really appreciate it. Hard to find people like you who help and make efforts for complete strangers.

Posted via CB10
    No problem, but do update us after u have installed the latest version.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 02:59 AM
    hi guys dont worry abt updates anymore...i hav tried n tested a very simple way...u wont need a international sim for tis....
    tis is the official way of upgrading ur device OS. I upgraded from OS version 10.0.9.348 to 10.0.10.690
    all u hav to do is follow these simple steps
    1] connect ur phone with ur pc via a usb cable
    2]open bb link n take a backup
    3]now uninstall bb link n install it again n select language English UK n country UK [for stl 100-2]
    4]now connect ur phone with ur pc via usb cable
    5] now in bb link select ur pc n click on settings icon n select reload device software
    6] bb link now vl search for updates for ur phone n u vl receive the lastest OS available for the country u hav select earlier
    7] if u get any download error thn try it on another pc-tis worked for me
    8] now wait n let the download finish according to ur download speed n bb link vl load the latest os for U on ur device...
    tis takes 6-8 hours in india to download n update ur z10's OS...good luck n cheers. Jai hind
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-17-13 01:46 PM
    Finally updated my phone Amit. everything seems to be normal. Took about 15 minutes to update and 20 more minutes to install. Hub seems to be normal. Downloaded WhatsApp too. It seems to be normal too. All my favourites are there. All in all m a happy soul any area you suggest that I should check? And I will drop your sim to your office either tomorrow or day after. Thanks a ton for everything

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:27 AM
    Finally updated my phone Amit. everything seems to be normal. Took about 15 minutes to update and 20 more minutes to install. Hub seems to be normal. Downloaded WhatsApp too. It seems to be normal too. All my favourites are there. All in all m a happy soul any area you suggest that I should check? And I will drop your sim to your office either tomorrow or day after. Thanks a ton for everything

Posted via CB10
    Great Devanshu, congrats. Nothing specific, after update my phone worked pretty good. No problems at all, seemed a little faster though. What version did u get, 10.0.10.90 or 10.0.10.99, as somebody else posted that 99 is the latest version. If ur into side loading then u can install the battery indicator bar file from my bother thread " stl 100-2 battery life post Update", it will give u a pretty good idea of the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 09:27 AM
    I downloaded WhatsApp but it shows error while installation.

Updates in Settings says my BlackBerry os is latest even though it is on 10.0.10.261.

How do I update?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 10:18 AM
    @atsgoyal Which model do u have and where did u purchase it from

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 10:20 AM
37 12