BlackBerry 10 launch: live coverage of the London event | Technology | guardian.co.uk

Can you tell me which UK carrier has them listed as launching tomorrow and would be best to be used on Verizon's grid in the US? I only know Verizon is usually a CDMA network.

The Z10 will be available from tomorrow, January 30th, from EE, Three, O2, Vodafone, BT, Carphone Warehouse and Phones4U.

The handset will work on the 4G network already launched by EE, which is in the 1800MHz spectrum band, and the 4G services that will arrive in May/June from all other carriers, in the 800MHz and 2600MHz bands.

And that's all for today from the live London event.

Information below on retail prices.

The out of contract, unlocked BlackBerry Z10 UK pricing is yet to be confirmed. From Carphone Warehouse, the cost is from �36 a month under contract on all major networks.

Phones 4 U, has a temporary exclusive on the white edition of the Z10 - the main version is black.

EE will be selling the Z10 on 4G EE plans from �41 a month for 24 months, with an upfront cost of �49.99.

The handset will also be available across a range of 3G plans from EE including �49.99 on a �36 per month, 24 month plan.

Vodafone, will offer the BlackBerry Z10 for �29 on a �42 a month deal. No price yet from Three, although the network says the handset is "coming soon".
    01-30-13 11:21 AM
    Can you tell me which UK carrier has them listed as launching tomorrow and would be best to be used on Verizon's grid in the US? I only know Verizon is usually a CDMA network.
    None of the UK GSM phones will work on the Verizon CDMA network.
    01-30-13 11:27 AM
    so only available on contract tomorrow then? bummer....
    01-30-13 11:28 AM
    I wanna buy sim-free. So annoyed.

Got �500 right here. No one wants to sell me it.
    01-30-13 11:29 AM
    I'm sure that Phones4U or Carphone Warehouse will hook you up Sim-Free
    01-30-13 11:33 AM
    I'm sure that Phones4U or Carphone Warehouse will hook you up Sim-Free
    I wish they'd announce a price to appease me.
    01-30-13 11:35 AM
    I wish they'd announce a price to appease me.
    Trust me man, you aren't the only one screaming for a price point right now.
    01-30-13 11:36 AM
    Just contacted all EE stores within a 25 mile radius of where I stay. All 4 of the them only have 4 z10s and all in black.
    Go on sale tomorrow morning.
    I wanted a white one so don't know what to do now
    01-30-13 11:37 AM
    Just contacted all EE stores within a 25 mile radius of where I stay. All 4 of the them only have 4 z10s and all in black.
    Go on sale tomorrow morning.
    I wanted a white one so don't know what to do now
    White is exclusively with Phones4U for the next month I believe.
    01-30-13 11:38 AM
    Seriously. That is a major og I think on blackberrys side if true
    01-30-13 11:40 AM
    Back up a second... EE are offering 4G service for less than Vodafone are offering 3G ? There's got to be something wrong there. I just don't believe that. I mean, it wouldn't be the strangest thing that happened, but I'm seriously not convinced by one of those two figures. If it turns out to be that way, then I'm for sure switching network. Because seriously, if Vodafone aren't price competitive for a lower standard of service then can go die in a fire.
    I'm hoping that those are the 'all you can eat' prices. Most other flagship devices are currently available for free from �26 a month. I understand that those are older devices, but average Joe who decides to go and get a new phone on contract isn't going to pay that much IMO.
    01-30-13 11:42 AM
    Just got off the phone with Phones4U and the guy had no info about the BB10.

I just want to buy a sim-free phone
    01-30-13 11:45 AM
    I'm hoping that those are the 'all you can eat' prices. Most other flagship devices are currently available for free from �26 a month. I understand that those are older devices, but for average Joe who decides to go and get a new phone on contract isn't going to pay that much IMO.
    I'll have to disagree with you about flagship device pricing. I don't think you even can get an iPhone or SG3 for less than �30 a month no matter how much you put down up front. The Z10 can't be cost competitive with the SG2 and other old devices, I mean you gotta be realistic.

I don't mind paying �40 a month for a device, and assuming you don't want to pay �100 upfront, or more, that's pretty much what you are looking at, certainly �35 at the very least. I just strongly object to Vodafone potentially giving me 3G service at a higher price than EE will give me 4G.
    01-30-13 11:49 AM
    None of the UK GSM phones will work on the Verizon CDMA network.
    Does the Z10 still have CDMA and GSM internals? I thought with LTE that the phone would work on all carriers networks. My concern was when no LTE coverage and it needed to use the Verizon CDMA network. I know it can probably also use a GSM network, but I want the Verizon customer service that I pay a high premium for.
    01-30-13 11:49 AM
    Amazon are richer than Croessus. That means they have stronger position when bargaining with suppliers, which in turn means lower pricing for the end user. The high street retailers have to factor in their shop costs, that's passed on to you. They (Amazon) may not be paying their taxes but I want a bargain!
    At Amazon UK the 16GB iPhone 5 is only marginally cheaper. The 32GB and 64GB models actually cost more at Amazon than what Apple charges. Even the mighty Amazon can't get a discount out of Apple for an iPhone.
    01-30-13 11:55 AM

Not true - My local Car Phone Warehouse have white in stock
    01-30-13 11:57 AM
    I'll have to disagree with you about flagship device pricing. I don't think you even can get an iPhone or SG3 for less than �30 a month no matter how much you put down up front. The Z10 can't be cost competitive with the SG2 and other old devices, I mean you gotta be realistic.

I don't mind paying �40 a month for a device, and assuming you don't want to pay �100 upfront, or more, that's pretty much what you are looking at, certainly �35 at the very least. I just strongly object to Vodafone potentially giving me 3G service at a higher price than EE will give me 4G.
    You can get the 4s from �25, an S3 from �26, same with the Nexus4. I think �26 a month is the sweet spot at the minute. I do agree with you about Vodafone though, perhaps that's for unlimited 3g data [or 1gb or whatever]? On EE, for �36 a month you get 500mb of 4g data with an iphone.
    01-30-13 11:59 AM
    Does the Z10 still have CDMA and GSM internals? I thought with LTE that the phone would work on all carriers networks. My concern was when no LTE coverage and it needed to use the Verizon CDMA network. I know it can probably also use a GSM network, but I want the Verizon customer service that I pay a high premium for.
    Only Verizon supplied handsets will work on their network.
    01-30-13 12:02 PM
    Thanks to the guys on the What Mobile UK forums, I managed to find out some more pricing information they sent me this link (of course I know some of you guys and girls have put some of the info up already so it maybe duplicated)

Hope this helps - not in any rush to get a Z10, I'm sure I can get one of the 02 online team, if not I'll wait for the hype to die down.

BlackBerry Z10 UK pricing and availability - All the tariffs and deals | Gadget Helpline

So it�s official � BlackBerry 10 has now launched and the first phone with it will come with will be available to buy in the UK from tomorrow. Say you�re a huge BlackBerry fan, or the new features and phone have swayed you, where can you get one?

So far O2, Vodafone, EE and Three have all confirmed they will be stocking the phone, as will Phones 4u and Carphone Warehouse. With EE offering the handset it will be the only way to make use of the Z10′s 4G connectivity, but you�ll be paying through the nose for it � currently no prices have been revealed, but you can register your interest here.

EE asks that you pay �50 outright for the phone and then �41 per month on a 2 year deal, with their network being ready to utilise the Z10′s inbuilt 4G connectivity right away. That tariff gets you unlimited calls and texts plus 1GB of data per month, and we�re expecting more tariffs with even more data to be revealed soon.

Vodafone will be offering the phone free if you�re willing to pay �47 per month, which gets you unlimited calls and texts along with 2GB of data. You can get the same tariff for �42 per month if you pay �29 up front for the phone, or �37 per month if you�re willing to pay �69 up front and drop to 1GB of data per month.

O2 will be giving the phone away free on contracts from �36 per month if you sign up before February 13th. This will be on their �On and On� tariff, which gets you unlimited minutes and texts plus 1GB of data.

Three is yet to reveal its offers for the new phone.

Carphone Warehouse will offer the phone on the major UK networks from �36 per month.

Phones 4u will stock the white version exclusively alongside the black variant, with no network or price details revealed just yet.

If you don�t fancy signing up to a 2 year contract then the phone will be available to buy SIM-free for $599, or around �480.

We�ll be snooping out the best deals as they appear, so stay tuned!

Let us know your thoughts by adding a comment below or via our @Gadget_Helpline Twitter page or Facebook Page.
    01-30-13 12:10 PM
    You can get the 4s from �25, an S3 from �26, same with the Nexus4. I think �26 a month is the sweet spot at the minute. I do agree with you about Vodafone though, perhaps that's for unlimited 3g data [or 1gb or whatever]? On EE, for �36 a month you get 500mb of 4g data with an iphone.
    I have my concerns about how real those �26 a month deals are... One doesn't even come with data, most with very low caps and not many minutes. Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, but each to their own, thats not really the point

Vodafone don't give out unlimited data anymore, so it's 2GB max, and at �42 that can go die. Looking at their other prices EE normally gives you at least 1GB for �41 and I'll happily take the trade down. Now if vodafones plan comes with getting onto the Vodafone 4g network when it launches then I'd be ok with that, but without that I'm just not cool with it. My hope is that the article is just wrong. I mean it doesn't sound right to me anyway, but I'll happily bail on Vodafone if the lowest they'll go is �42.
    01-30-13 12:13 PM
    This I just pulled from the Vodafone blog, posted today:

The Z10 is available from 31 January (online, in store and over the phone) for �29 on the 24 month Vodafone Red Data plan, which’ll give you unlimited calls and texts, and 2GB of internet for �42 a month.

Alternatively, on a 24 month Vodafone Red Data plan, you can get it with no up-front costs for �47 a month, including 2GB of mobile internet, unlimited calls and unlimited texts.

So that seems to confirm that reported price on Vodafone, which puts the Z10 on the same pricing plans as the SG3. Going down to 1GB of data will drop the price to �37 a month, and going to 600 minutes and 500mb will put it at �33 a month, so hopefully all is not yet lost in terms of price. I just really hate that they decided to lead with '�42 a month', because that's just too high to make me comfortable. Now �37, that looks pretty good to me.
    01-30-13 01:14 PM
    Just read this tweet:

Phones4U: Hi Chris, it will indeed - we're selling this at �479.95 available from tomorrow. Thanks, Liz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-30-13 01:44 PM
    phones4u are also offering a free 64gb playbook with the first 250 orders
    BlackBerry Z10 | New BlackBerry Phone | Phones 4u

BlackBerry 10 Walkthrough - Phones 4u - YouTube
    01-30-13 02:44 PM
    Having called into O2 this evening, the manager wasn't sure when he was getting stock or what pricing structure would be - "We have been told very little" - although he did say they'd be the only people selling a PURPLE version ! (Don't shoot the messenger!). I then called round to Carphone Warehouse, who had 11 black Z10's in stock but who wouldn't sell me on until tomorrow (31st). They had a Vodaphone contract at �38.00 for unlimited voice/texts and 2Gb data.
    01-30-13 03:50 PM
    My local CPW has 3 in stock and my local EE store has 16 but will only sell from tomorrow (also listed on EE website). Looking forward to getting my hands on one.
    01-30-13 04:40 PM
169 ... 4567