Carphone Warehouse will be in competition with Phones 4 U etc too, so we will see whether they drop their prices in a few weeks after launch to compete or maybe throw in some extras
    01-26-13 10:24 AM
    Carphone Warehouse will be in competition with Phones 4 U etc too, so we will see whether they drop their prices in a few weeks after launch to compete or maybe throw in some extras
    I don't know much about Phones4U but don't most of the high street retailer's just stick to the same price. It's a defacto price fixing scam. But since we, the consumer, can't proove that they pre-arranged a price, they get away with it. How many stores do we selling the same item at the same price. But I digress. As others have said wait a few weeks for the price to fall and buy online.
    Last edited by dr0800; 01-26-13 at 12:53 PM.
    01-26-13 11:59 AM
    I don't know much about Phones4U but don't most of the high street retailer's just stick to the same price. It's a defacto price fixing scam. But since we, the consumer, can't proove that they pre-arranged a price, they get away with it. How many stores do we selling the same item at the same price. But I digress. As others have said wait a few weeks for the price to fail and buy online.
    ah yeah of course I didn't think about that :/ that makes a lot of sense actually. Thankyou!
    01-26-13 12:02 PM
    I don't know much about Phones4U but don't most of the high street retailer's just stick to the same price. It's a defacto price fixing scam. But since we, the consumer, can't proove that they pre-arranged a price, they get away with it. How many stores do we selling the same item at the same price. But I digress. As others have said wait a few weeks for the price to fail and buy online.
    It's nothing to do with a scam, it's entirely normal and what happens in a free market. When you're in competition with someone else for the same product, you may start off with a lower price, but your competitor notices and matches you. You then reduce the price a little more, and they match you again. So you end up with a situation where you have no price advantage but you are making less money than you were before. You don't have to so much as wish the competition a good morning for you to realise than unless you have a specific advantage on something (stock, value adds) it doesn't benefit anyone to get into a price war. That's why it rarely happens.

No collusion needed, just the way business works. Online is a slightly discrete market, so they watch but don't feel the need to price match.
    01-26-13 12:06 PM
    It's increasingly looking like a staggered launch with Canada getting first dibs on the phones within a few days of launch. I would imagine the UK would be at the same time or soon after as you guys have been kind to the brand for a while now and RIM has said that they want to launch in supportive regions first.
    01-26-13 12:10 PM
    Phones are so expensive nowadays
    01-26-13 12:41 PM
    Went into O2 store today since I was in town. Who I spoke to said they've seen the devices, had the training, but no stock yet. He expected devices to be available for sale "first week of February". Take it for what's it worth! It seemed that he wasn't allowed to talk about it as was reluctant to say anything to begin with.
    01-26-13 03:10 PM
    Went into O2 store today since I was in town. Who I spoke to said they've seen the devices, had the training, but no stock yet. He expected devices to be available for sale "first week of February". Take it for what's it worth! It seemed that he wasn't allowed to talk about it as was reluctant to say anything to begin with.
    He was probably spooked by your face.
    01-26-13 04:20 PM
    He was probably spooked by your face.
    Better than turning up with that flag. 'how can I help you s........3-1. Ashes. Ashes. Straussy. Get in there Jimmy. Errrrrr, sorry sir what we're you saying? '
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-26-13 04:55 PM
    �30 cheaper than an iPhone5 isn't sustainable. Leave it a few weeks and reality will set in. At launch it is shiny and new and RIM will milk early adopters.
    I wouldn't say its to milk the early adopters or that its an unrealistic price point. Things are ALWAYS the most expensive when they first get released, thats just how things go. At launch the iPhone 5 was like �540, and its dropped �30 in 4 months. If the Z10 does the same it will settle at about �450, which is a great price for the device you're getting, being �60 below the iPhone. That's a good place for it to be. To be cheaper at launch than the SG3 and iPhone 5 are now is a great sign. It means that RIM will definitely be aggressively pricing the Z10, which is very much what we want to hear. Sure we'd all love for it to be cheaper, but I'm encouraged.

Also, I think I can safely say that the unlocked price will not be a big deal for most of us. Bring on the contracts. I think we can expect to see the Z10 being �5 per month cheaper than the iPhone 5 or SG3, which would be extremely tempting for a lot of people. That would put the Z10 only slightly more expensive than an SG2 or other old device, but for a brand new device packed with BB goodness.
    01-26-13 05:15 PM
    Spoke to Vodafone yesterday I'm out of contract with them......guy knew nothing
    01-26-13 05:30 PM
    that correlates to my posted convo with a vf rep.
    01-27-13 07:07 AM
    BlackBerry Z10 Black - Buy BlackBerry Z10 deals on Vodafone UK contract | overview

BlackBerry Z10 | MobiCity UK

BlackBerry Z10 will cost �480 SIM-free, CPW leak says | CNET UK

So �30 less than an iphone or �40 less than the apple store have for the iphone 5 16gb

Not sure if this has been posted before but hey no probs

It's all ramping up nicely
    Last edited by slparry; 01-28-13 at 05:47 AM.
    twidget2iwo and Ben1232 like this.
    01-28-13 05:21 AM
    I just chatted with a Vodafone rep and they said they are expecting availability on the 6th of February.
    01-28-13 05:58 AM
    They haven't got a page for it PAYG though.. And no price on the contracts but able look at full spec which is good!
    01-28-13 06:06 AM
    I just chatted with a Vodafone rep and they said they are expecting availability on the 6th of February.
    Wow cool. I chatted with someone and they used the same: Check our site for announcements speeches. Glad you got a more precise answer. I was using the chat, didn't phone them. Will try my luck today and see if they can confirm this for the UK. would be good to have some dates now closer to launch.
    01-28-13 06:15 AM
    Wow cool. I chatted with someone and they used the same: Check our site for announcements speeches. Glad you got a more precise answer. I was using the chat, didn't phone them. Will try my luck today and see if they can confirm this for the UK. would be good to have some dates now closer to launch.
    ya could always read the chat i posted on page 1 which backs up the `first week of feb` that many others are now saying lol
    01-28-13 06:56 AM
    ya could always read the chat i posted on page 1 which backs up the `first week of feb` that many others are now saying lol
    Oh dear! True indeed lol Well not always checking the first page. Thanks for that
    01-28-13 07:47 AM
    I'm also in for getting an unlocked device from CPW or similar. It was much easier when my Wife worked for RIM...
    01-28-13 09:02 AM
    01-28-13 11:17 AM
    Just spoke to the manager at my local Vodafone, who told me Z10 will go on sale on the 30th Jan. She did say they might not have them in store then but could get them delivered. I did double check she didn't mean pre-order and she was adamant the could get them from the warehouse from the 30th.

Gordon
    Well I wasn't sure how true it was, but seems like it may be; BlackBerry Z10 available on Vodafone UK January 30th | CrackBerry.com
    01-28-13 05:21 PM
    I haven't asked my RIM friend in a few weeks, but last time I did, I was told that it would probably be available in the UK first as their carriers were ahead in testing. I don't know if anything has changed since then.

Is this where I gloat and say told you so?
    01-28-13 06:12 PM
    Seems like the UK is the place to be with BB10 at the moment! Lucky bloody poms.
    01-28-13 06:23 PM
    I'm currently on hols in the Caribbean but I return to the UK on 10 February. It is looking like I will be able to snap up a Z10 as soon as I return, I had been expecting to wait until March.
    I have been with O2 UK for 15 years but I may move to Vodafone, purely because I can get discounts with them. My Torch 9800 has been out of contract since September 2012.
    01-28-13 07:32 PM
    Seems like the UK is the place to be with BB10 at the moment! Lucky bloody poms.
    Well considering that the Z10 is code named London, I should think so too!
    01-28-13 09:11 PM
169 12345 ...