Hi all,

As we're getting closer to launch date, and release I thought it would be handy to have somewhere to post our UK info.

After a few tweets to the major opporators both Vodafone and Three have mentionened they'll have it from launch (id like to guess thats 2 or 3 weeks from launch)

I have also seen the Z10 Mentioned on Vodafone and 02s website.

If anybody finds any useful pricing or date info, please post it here

Pat
    01-20-13 09:00 AM
    I would think until Jan 30 2013 everything would be speculation/rumour.
    01-20-13 09:25 AM
    I would think until Jan 30 2013 everything would be speculation/rumour.
    Did you not read the thread topic lol

Another thing, last week BB reps were visiting Carphone warehouse demo'ing a dev unit with BB10 (its not only our friends over the water at Rogers getting official demos/training) Quite positive knowing RIM uk are up to speed like in the states.

No pricing rumours in the UK either (unlike Bell canada)
    01-20-13 09:41 AM
    Everything Everywhere have also confirmed they will be support BB10 from launch and with 4G coverage where applicable as well... no details on pricing though.
    Patrick Mcd likes this.
    01-20-13 10:08 AM
    I haven't asked my RIM friend in a few weeks, but last time I did, I was told that it would probably be available in the UK first as their carriers were ahead in testing. I don't know if anything has changed since then.
    01-20-13 10:51 AM
    i asked in a Virgin store a couple of days ago, the rep is aware of BB10's release, but hasnt had any word from Virgin as to whether they will be selling the devices yet.
    01-20-13 12:44 PM
    EE has tweeted about carrying the device multiple times (see latest retweet from UK_BlackBerry)
    01-20-13 01:35 PM
    A vodafone rep I spoke to some months ago said that, while he didn't have specific details, the expectation amongst staff is that BB10 phones will be priced a little under the S3 and a long way under the iPhone. To me that means maybe �35 a month for the top tarif. Sounds reasonable to me; it'd make the Z10 cheaper than any new, high end android device, and cheaper than the iPhone too. My guess is that's where RIM wants to put the pricing, and obviously we'll have to wait and see, but given the specs I can see how that would be possible.
    01-20-13 01:52 PM
    A vodafone rep I spoke to some months ago said that, while he didn't have specific details, the expectation amongst staff is that BB10 phones will be priced a little under the S3 and a long way under the iPhone. To me that means maybe �35 a month for the top tarif. Sounds reasonable to me; it'd make the Z10 cheaper than any new, high end android device, and cheaper than the iPhone too. My guess is that's where RIM wants to put the pricing, and obviously we'll have to wait and see, but given the specs I can see how that would be possible.
    Now that'd be sweet as. Heres t hoping.

Another question. How long after the launch do we expect tarrifs to be released (ive never paid attention to these details when Apple launched new handsets)
    01-20-13 02:16 PM
    if this is true then this is awesome news!!!!!!! and good idea to get it now, as the more successful bb10 becomes, the more likely the contract prices will increase!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-20-13 03:37 PM
    After a few tweets to the major opporators both Vodafone and Three have mentionened they'll have it from launch (id like to guess thats 2 or 3 weeks from launch)
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least some of the UK carriers being much earlier than that and being among the very first to launch, it is a big market for blackberry and no localisation issues to potentially delay things either.
    01-20-13 05:44 PM
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least some of the UK carriers being much earlier than that and being among the very first to launch, it is a big market for blackberry and no localisation issues to potentially delay things either.
    From the same rep I asked about pricing (this was begining of november), he told me that the BB10 devices had just appeared on the internal system, which says to me that they'll be selling them the second they have stock available. I don't see RIM launching in the US first, because the US has been crappy to them in the past year. Chances are that they just launch the whole world on one day, which would be conventional. Buuuuut....

I have a hunch they'll launch in the US last. They start by launching in Canada, Britain (maybe all europe) and Asia, then the US a week or so later. Why? Because putting as many units as possible in places where BBs sell in huge numbers makes a lot of sense.

Firstly it means they will ship the largest number of devices in the shortest possible time. Even with a MASSIVE rally, they aren't going to sell anything like as many devices in the US as in the rest of the world and it'd be stupid for RIM to have people waiting for devices elsewhere in the world when thousands of devices are going to sit on US shelves. Secondly, it would generate amazing press for the US launch ("Z10 sells out across the world", "Queue four blocks long", "hundreds of thousands sold in three hours"), and good press sells devices. An extra weeks run up to show just how crazy people are going for BB10 will do a lot to get people excited in the US. For example it would mean that they stand a reasonable chance of comparing well to other big device launches in the 'x million sold in first 3 days' category, which is a big deal. Unlike the Apple, RIM aren't going shift a million devices in the US in three days. However, if you add together Canada and Britain (where BBs are still beloved) as well as Europe and Asia, then they may well get up to 2 or 3 million in the first three days, and that just screams success. Finally, it would give RIM the chance to reward their most faithful user-bases by getting them devices sooner as well as needling the carriers and pundits in the US who have been less than supportive (didn't I read a while back that Sprint wasn't even confirming they'd carry bb10?). Oh and of course it would be a good way to remind the US that they are not the be all and end all when it comes to selling phones.

The US sales are up for grabs in my opinion, but it will take careful management to assure the yanks that BB10 is a big deal, and is awesome. It would be extremely audacious of RIM to approach the launch in this way, and perhaps its just wishful thinking on my part, but stranger things have happened.

Anyway... back on topic... I don't see Britain being forgotten on launch day. There's no sane way that RIM can launch BB10 without giving us devices on launch day. All the major networks have been signed up for months, and we're a major hotbed of BB love.
    01-20-13 08:46 PM
    They would love to launch globally on day 1 but US carriers are dragging there feet in testing. I'm told that internally, RIM is expecting 8-9 million units sold in Q1. That would be great.
    01-20-13 09:25 PM
    If that's true (I can certainly believe it) then I can certainly see RIM launching in the 'rest of the world' (don't you just HATE how we get called that?) ahead of the US.
    Yandar likes this.
    01-20-13 09:30 PM
    I like the idea of �35 a month that sounds good, I buy off contract anyway but it sounds like a good price for those who do contract buy!
    01-21-13 01:19 AM
    If that's true (I can certainly believe it) then I can certainly see RIM launching in the 'rest of the world' (don't you just HATE how we get called that?) ahead of the US.
    It's an improvement on "there be dragons" which is the impression we often get!
    01-21-13 01:35 AM
    It's an improvement on "there be dragons" which is the impression we often get!
    Lol! Yes, an improvement but not by enough. It never ceases to make me rage when I hear things from the US that say that things from outside the states somehow don't count.
    01-21-13 05:28 AM
    I think that Rim are not interested in fake shortages by trying to launch in two many locations at once, especially since each carrier group they add, the more carrier specific issues they would need to find time to fix as well.

I expect that we will see them launching in a number of waves, but those waves will be close enough together that somebody who was fast enough in wave 2 could beat a slow one in wave 1 e.g. the u.s. carriers will be in wave 1, but due to their slowness will ship behind wave 2 carriers from elsewhere.
    01-21-13 09:15 AM
    From the same rep I asked about pricing (this was begining of november), he told me that the BB10 devices had just appeared on the internal system, which says to me that they'll be selling them the second they have stock available. I don't see RIM launching in the US first, because the US has been crappy to them in the past year. Chances are that they just launch the whole world on one day, which would be conventional. Buuuuut....
    I am not sure why you think launching everywhere on day one would be conventional when nobody else does that either.

I have a hunch they'll launch in the US last. They start by launching in Canada, Britain (maybe all europe) and Asia, then the US a week or so later. Why? Because putting as many units as possible in places where BBs sell in huge numbers makes a lot of sense.
    There is no way they snub the US and aim to have them launch last, other than due to carrier delays they would be one of the first.
    01-21-13 09:17 AM
    I think that Rim are not interested in fake shortages by trying to launch in two many locations at once, especially since each carrier group they add, the more carrier specific issues they would need to find time to fix as well.

I expect that we will see them launching in a number of waves, but those waves will be close enough together that somebody who was fast enough in wave 2 could beat a slow one in wave 1 e.g. the u.s. carriers will be in wave 1, but due to their slowness will ship behind wave 2 carriers from elsewhere.
    If carriers are going to sell shortly after launch, they would have done thorough testing with the final BB10 device on their network already. The last thing the carrier needs are tons of calls to their CS center for a piece of 3rd party hardware that isn't working properly.
    01-21-13 11:06 AM
    Ok, this might be public knowledge (although I never knew)

But RIM and carriers will be advertising pricing and contracts straight after the launch (I was expecting 7-10days) Tweeted by both RIM UK and Voda UK yesterday!

Woop Woop - single digit days!
    01-21-13 04:13 PM
    I went into my local Carphone Warehouse. The store rep looked up their inventory and their price of a SIM free 16Gb Z10 is �479.95. I think I'll wait till the price hits �400. That's how much I've put aside to buy the phone outright.
    ghfred likes this.
    01-25-13 12:18 AM
    I went into my local Carphone Warehouse. The store rep looked up their inventory and their price of a SIM free 16Gb Z10 is �479.95. I think I'll wait till the price hits �400. That's how much I've put aside to buy the phone outright.
    That equates to about $722AUD. About what I'm expecting here in Australia. (sorry to jump in on a UK thread - but it's lonely here being a Blackberry Australia supporter!)
    01-25-13 12:54 AM
    That equates to about $722AUD. About what I'm expecting here in Australia. (sorry to jump in on a UK thread - but it's lonely here being a Blackberry Australia supporter!)
    No need to apologise, we're all blackBerry fans here!
    01-25-13 01:33 AM
    �479?! Good lord.. Maybe ill just find another carrier or store that does it cheaper or ill just wait but that's expensive.. Maybe it'll drop after Launch.. Hopefully.
    01-25-13 01:56 AM
169 123 ...