As some of you may have read, the Middle East got shafted and will be receiving non-4G devices for the first batch. Having waited for a year for this device, I refuse to pay a premium for this inferior device so I've decided that I will be ordering one from the UK and deal with any warranty issues myself if anything happens to it.

The problem is, websites such as clove.co.uk and First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys.com UK still have the Z10 as a "preorder" with March availability. If the UK was the first country which had the phones, why do these websites still have them as preorders?

Are there any other online websites who have them in stock for immediate purchase?

**** Sorry mods that I posted this in the OS section, please move it to the Z10 section. It's the morning and I'm still half asleep trying to get a hold of an LTE Z10 ****
    02-09-13 11:26 PM
    The delay may be availability of 4G hardware. So far the only UK 4G network activated is EE, and we don't even know whether other carriers got the same 3G device you got in UAE. Due diligence is required.
    02-10-13 03:21 AM
    The delay may be availability of 4G hardware. So far the only UK 4G network activated is EE, and we don't even know whether other carriers got the same 3G device you got in UAE. Due diligence is required.
    I think there have been mentions of the Vodafone device being LTE-compatible, so it seems quite likely that they got the same device and also the likes of CPW and Phones4U have devices that will work on any carrier so for logistical simplicity it seems quite likely that all the UK devices are the same model.
    02-10-13 04:20 AM
    The problem is, websites such as clove.co.uk and First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys.com UK still have the Z10 as a "preorder" with March availability. If the UK was the first country which had the phones, why do these websites still have them as preorders?
    The most likely reason is that the priority for stock is the carriers and the distributors who are going to be selling them with a contract rather than places that are only selling them unlocked.
    02-10-13 04:22 AM
    The Vodafone UK Devices ship as 4G ready. There's a large sticker on the box stating so.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 05:01 AM
    All UK Z10 models are the same, with the same 4G bands... 800MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz and 2600MHz.
    Make sure your network uses (or will use) the same 4G frequencies, or it won't work.
    02-10-13 05:12 AM
    Yup, the model number I'm chasing is RFH121LW, which is the UK version and those models use the same frequency as the carriers I'm interested in. We get the RFG81UW here - I still don't know why.

I think I'm just going to wait it out and order from either Expansys or Clove. Any specific website better than the other?
    02-10-13 07:26 AM
    Yup, the model number I'm chasing is RFH121LW, which is the UK version and those models use the same frequency as the carriers I'm interested in. We get the RFG81UW here - I still don't know why.

I think I'm just going to wait it out and order from either Expansys or Clove. Any specific website better than the other?
    Id go with clove, they are much better than expansys. Just google expansys and customer services and you will see quite a few horror stories about them. Not only are they expensive but if you want a refund, it can take up to 30 days for them to refund your money back. Thats how useless they are, ive ordered a few times from clove and they are brilliant both at refunding and customer service in general.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    02-10-13 07:29 AM
    The reason why the handsets aren't being shown as available in a lot of places is because the big push has been in selling them with contracts instead of sim free.

The reason is that contracts make a lot of money for the networks and blackberry has always been very closely partnered with the lm so they are making sure that they are getting the stock first. I guess that socks for you, but it is what it is.

It is kinda uncool that there won't be a 4g version released in your market. I guess either there aren't standard 4g frequencies across the region or something, but even if that's the case I really can't imagine why it make sense for them to not even give you units that support some frequencies. Tough breaks all round.

Vector-SS likes this.
    02-10-13 07:35 AM
    Id go with clove, they are much better than expansys. Just google expansys and customer services and you will see quite a few horror stories about them. Not only are they expensive but if you want a refund, it can take up to 30 days for them to refund your money back. Thats how useless they are, ive ordered a few times from clove and they are brilliant both at refunding and customer service in general.
    Thanks for the info. I was leaning towards them as well.

The reason why the handsets aren't being shown as available in a lot of places is because the big push has been in selling them with contracts instead of sim free.

The reason is that contracts make a lot of money for the networks and blackberry has always been very closely partnered with the lm so they are making sure that they are getting the stock first. I guess that socks for you, but it is what it is.

It is kinda uncool that there won't be a 4g version released in your market. I guess either there aren't standard 4g frequencies across the region or something, but even if that's the case I really can't imagine why it make sense for them to not even give you units that support some frequencies. Tough breaks all round.

Yeah I was bummed when I heard the devices didn't support 4G. What makes this more bizarre is that one of the major carriers' top marketing guy just tweeted that they will be getting 4G capable devices in 8 weeks time, go figure.
    02-10-13 01:29 PM
    Anyone have experience buying from abroad using these guys BlackBerry Z10 Sim Free ?? website seems legit but their price is lower than others
    02-13-13 05:22 PM
    I have a Spare White Z10 sealed Box if you are in London!
    02-13-13 08:55 PM
    Anyone have experience buying from abroad using these guys BlackBerry Z10 Sim Free ?? website seems legit but their price is lower than others
    I just placed an order for two last night. They seem to be legit and their email response is quite good.

I have a Spare White Z10 sealed Box if you are in London!
    Thanks, but see above
    02-13-13 11:53 PM