Just tried their website, says no update available. Damn EE

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:00 PM
    James 1980, I'm with ya, been with them since one2one as well,Had a great big m200 with a collapsible antenna, those were the days, no hanging around for updates.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:02 PM
    It's a joke I was told there is no update at all.. What are they on???superfast ee not
    05-15-13 03:04 PM
    I DM'd them on Twitter and they replied "We have no date for this, we are sorry for any inconvenience. "

Attachment 161963

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't have been so polite.

You used HOW much lube?
    05-15-13 03:05 PM
    Just tried their website, says no update available. Damn EE

Posted via CB10
    well there you go, guest it doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:05 PM
    My mate on O2 has the update this is annoying

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:09 PM
    Popped my Vodafone sim in after no EE one and there it was, they really need to step it up, luckily I have a pair of scissors and a 99p sim card but why should I have to do that?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:10 PM
    Popped my Vodafone sim in after no EE one and there it was, they really need to step it up, luckily I have a pair of scissors and a 99p sim card but why should I have to do that?

Posted via CB10
    The envy!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:13 PM
    well there you go, guest it doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    Remove your Sim card before you connect your Z10 to do this . Also, Adam Zeiss did an article on doing this upgrade in April. I'll find it later and put a link up.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    05-15-13 03:18 PM
    The envy!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Just tried a Vodafone sim and an o2. Damn thing is me locked. I've given up lol. Until tomorrow anyway! Watch them release it in 10 minutes haha

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:23 PM
    Go to the BlackBerry Web site and try upgrading OS there. I installed the leaked software a few days ago, but wanted to go back again to the official new release level. Did this via their Web site. Worked OK for me.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    Does this way of upgrading wipe the phone? So a back up has to be used, apps reinstalled etc? Or is it like an OTA update direct from the phone which doesn't wipe the phone or apps.

I assume it wipes the phone?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:26 PM
    I ain't bothered now, tried all ways, none of the ways work on an ee locked phone, downhearted and left out again! Gotta love ee at times but updates leave us all behind.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 03:44 PM
    I Just tried the update via the BB site, both with my EE Sim in, and out. Both times it just says that a 10.0 update is available which i've yet to install, so it doesn't work.
    05-15-13 03:49 PM
    I know you shouldn't have to do this but have you tried without sim in.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah doesn't work.

I've been running lbfe's official leak since it was released and it works perfectly on EE. I'd recommend everyone do the same. Really easy with windows XP and 7. Go find his thread.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Z10
    05-15-13 03:52 PM
    OK for those whose are still itchy to get the new OS. Here's the link for the way I did it yesterday. I downgraded from the leaked OS 10.1.0.1762 to the newly released official OS 10.1.0.1720. You need to use the second method that Adam shows (the harder way) in the article. I also as a precaution (the article doesn't tell you to do this) took out my SD card & my SIM card from my phone. Don't use your PC for anything else if you try this way as when I did first it got stuck 3/4 of the way through as I was plugging in an SD card & a USB stick, but when I plucked up the courage to disconnect my Z10 again and try again a second time it work fully and picked up from where it got up too before, so hopefully there should be no problems for you. Follows Adam's advice to the T and you should have the new OS on your phone at the end. : )

BTW: Do a full back up via BB Link first if you want to put all your apps & data back on the phone, then make sure BB Link or Manager are both shut down.

How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by knighty2112; 05-15-13 at 04:43 PM.
    05-15-13 04:17 PM
    Phoned EE today to be told the 10.1 update is being tweaked to work with the 4G network and should be available within the next few days. They also said that the other networks have released it already because none of them use 4G. I'm not a great tech head but find this a little hard to believe. Any comments?
    05-15-13 04:23 PM
    Phoned EE today to be told the 10.1 update is being tweaked to work with the 4G network and should be available within the next few days. They also said that the other networks have released it already because none of them use 4G. I'm not a great tech head but find this a little hard to believe. Any comments?
    So why haven't t-mobile released it to people using 3G (not everyone is paying thru the nose to use a Z10 on their networks....) ?
    Sounds like more lame excuses to me.....

Twittered T-Mobile help to ask about it , they don't get told about things like that......
    Have also twittered UK_Blackberry telling them T-mobile UK don't know about the upgrade......

Edit - Shouldn't the OS already be tweaked for 4G , it's advertised everywhere as been a 4G ready phone ?
    05-15-13 04:31 PM
    So why haven't t-mobile released it to people using 3G (not everyone is paying thru the nose to use a Z10 on their networks....) ?

Twittered T-Mobile help to ask about it , they don't get told about things like that......
    Have also twittered UK_Blackberry telling them T-mobile UK don't know about the upgrade......

I couldn't agree more. Seeing as though they report themselves as being at the forefront of mobile technology they've really dropped the ball.

Poor. Very poor.
    05-15-13 04:35 PM
    I couldn't agree more. Seeing as though they report themselves as being at the forefront of mobile technology they've really dropped the ball.

Poor. Very poor.
    Couldn't agree with you anymore

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:05 PM
    Got told numerous times yesterday from different departments in ee that blackberry haven't even made a 10.1 update. Even when the assistant that worked there checked this website they still told me that it's utter crap. Fuming with ee to say the least

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:08 PM
    Hmm sounds quite convincing, I must admit. It is possible based on my understanding.

Edit - Shouldn't the OS already be tweaked for 4G , it's advertised everywhere as been a 4G ready phone ?
    Based on what I have read around these forums in the past I have seen people talk about carriers tweaking updates so 2G,3G,4G etc works better for people on their network i.e. better signal etc

Basically it's signal strength on an unlocked Blackberry/carrier issued Blackberry with the default Blackberry OS vs carrier tweaked OS

Signal strength will be better on the latter due to the tweaks made to work better on the network.

As for the delay releasing the update on T-Mobile and Orange which uses 3G maybe this is because the update is released over the EE network so EE won't release them till they release their update. If memory serves me right all 3 updates (EE, Orange and T-Mobile) where released all at the same time last time.

But I could be wrong...

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:23 PM
    Hmm sounds quite convincing, I must admit. It is possible based on my understanding.

Based on what I have read around these forums in the past I have seen people talk about carriers tweaking updates so 2G,3G,4G etc works better for people on their network i.e. better signal etc

Basically it's signal strength on an unlocked Blackberry/carrier issued Blackberry with the default Blackberry OS vs carrier tweaked OS

Signal strength will be better on the latter due to the tweaks made to work better on the network.

As for the delay releasing the update on T-Mobile and Orange which uses 3G maybe this is because the update is released over the EE network so EE won't release them till they release their update. If memory serves me right all 3 updates (EE, Orange and T-Mobile) where released all at the same time last time.

But I could be wrong...

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking of ringing them back and telling them that I'm tweaking my bank balance at the moment and will
    release the money for the bill when I'm ready.

But I agree they could be telling the truth.
    05-15-13 05:30 PM
    Been using lbfe's leaked official OS and 4G works great.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Z10
    05-15-13 05:31 PM
    Tmob are also dragging their arses on SII jellybean upgrades. Look at their twitter account. I'd hate to work in their complaints, sorry, PR department. @tmobileukhelp

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:08 PM
    Just dropped Vodafone sim in and updated my EE device. Now on 10.1.273. At least I had crackberry.com / live to watch as it took ages

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:20 PM
161 1234 ...