From the article below:

"The latest word from T-Mobile is that the Z10 will be available in the middle of next month, for $199 with a two-year contract. Business customers looking to outfit an entire sales force will have access to the Z10 about a week earlier than that.
    But Verizon might not have the Z10 until April, and it's looking certain that the nation's largest carrier won't be able to bring the Z10 to market until after T-Mobile does.
    Sprint and AT&T lag even behind Verizon, though probably not by much."

BlackBerry Z10 Release Date in US: When Is Each Carrier Getting It and How Much Will It Cost? : Mobile : Latinos Post

Here's the important part:
    "... Verizon might not have the Z10 until April... Sprint and AT&T lag even behind Verizon..." WHAT?!?!?!? COME ON!!!!!!
    02-17-13 02:30 PM
    What? C'mon! My 9930 is starting to fall apart here. My spacebar fell off, well technically not but still.. I've been sitting on an upgrade for a month now waiting on z10.

Well thanks for the info.
    02-17-13 05:17 PM
    Wonder if they know something or if it's just a rehash of rumors that have been discounted previously.
    02-17-13 06:05 PM
    Well that sucks if true.
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-17-13 06:14 PM
    Well thats sucks for the americans

So go bye one from a canadian carrier or from ebay or cragslist that will work on your american networks.... simple eh?

Make sure you check the Bands on the phone your purchasing to make sure it works on the american cell bands from your carrier.
    Last edited by xamdam; 02-17-13 at 06:55 PM.
    02-17-13 06:17 PM
    I keep telling people until Verizon releases an official date it could be June until we get it. Verizon never said they will release in March. BlackBerry's CEO may have. But Verizon never confirmed the date. But really this community has been in this situation many times before. We all know better. You can't count on Verizon until they release a official launch date. Verizon can and will delay releases for Months. We should be glad the rumors project Verizon will launch the Z10 this years!
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-17-13 06:59 PM
    I keep telling people until Verizon releases an official date it could be June until we get it. Verizon never said they will release in March. BlackBerry's CEO may have. But Verizon never confirmed the date. But really this community has been in this situation many times before. We all know better. You can't count on Verizon until they release a official launch date. Verizon can and will delay releases for Months. We should be glad the rumors project Verizon will launch the Z10 this years!
    Why are they that way?
    02-17-13 07:41 PM
    Great news for me since I'm a T-Mobile customer. Can't wait for that Z10! My only concern is my Curve might not make it till then...
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-17-13 07:52 PM
    Well thats sucks for the americans

So go bye one from a canadian carrier or from ebay or cragslist that will work on your american networks.... simple eh?

Make sure you check the Bands on the phone your purchasing to make sure it works on the american cell bands from your carrier.
    yeah, pay a grand for a phone that'll cost $200 in a month or so,,, good idea...
    big_time2 likes this.
    02-17-13 07:56 PM
    That's been floating around for a few days now. The person writing it didn't have any sources - nor even claimed any - to support a Verizon April release. It's just speculation.
    bb624 likes this.
    02-17-13 08:07 PM
    Yeah, it comes from the Latinos Post. Not very trusting of of their writers.
    02-17-13 08:54 PM
    This is terrible. I'm desperately in need of a new phone. How long can I wait? Wow.
    02-17-13 08:56 PM
    Similarly any information about a March Verizon release date is speculation.

The reason Verizon is that way is they have always felt their Network is more than a "dumb pipe." ISP's back in the early days were kind of like that. They would not let you hook up a Mac or a Linux box... But in the end your service needs to handle crappy devices. You can't "protect your network" by limiting the devices that connect to it. Verizon has managed to keep this up because of the uniqueness of their CDMA network vs the rest of the world. You can't just pick up any old CDMA, or GSM devices and get it to work on Verizon. It has to be "blessed" by the almighty Verizon gods.

The idea that their "testing" adds any value can be discounted by the slew of crappy Verizon devices I have owned over the years... Their QA testing is a waste of time, money and human capital... Crappy products tested, and blessed by Verizon, are still crappy devices. So why does Verizon even bother?

Verizon is changing, and with LTE things are starting to change. However, until VOIP is placed over LTE, and CDMA 1X and EVDO are killed off Verizon will still have this dominion over device releases.

I agree with Kevin of Crackberry that Verizon is probably the "gatekeeper" for the US release, considering BlackBerry had to give them something exclusive (the white Z10).

AT&T could have released the same time as the UK as their GSM / LTE, and their frequencies are all easily supported in one device. T-Mobile has some HSPA+ crap, that makes it special... I believe WIND Mobile in Canada is the same....

But to recap, Verizon thinks they are very special, and not a dumb pipe. The historical evidence can be pointed to dumb software like VZ Navigator and other craplets they would junk devices up with...

Eventually Verizon will get in line and transform into a dumb pipe... It's already happening but they still have historical control issues to get over!
    02-17-13 09:20 PM
    Well, let's look at the bright side here, this just gives us more time to save money for this phone to buy it outright.
    02-17-13 09:30 PM
    finally been waiting to get the Z10 since bbos 6.5 became 7 and then 7 to 10 and iv been free from a contract for 2yrs but im willing to go on contract though for the Z10
    02-17-13 09:31 PM
    Salesman in an ATT store told me today that they will not carry Z10 in the store but will be available online, although he couldn't tell me when. Additionally, there wasn't a single BB phone in the store. Seems like they have given up on BB. I am totally disappointed.
    02-18-13 03:36 PM
    Salesman in an ATT store told me today that they will not carry Z10 in the store but will be available online, although he couldn't tell me when. Additionally, there wasn't a single BB phone in the store. Seems like they have given up on BB. I am totally disappointed.
    Don't trust anything a sales drone says. My grandmother is more knowledgeable about AT&T releases then they are.
    Deu2e likes this.
    02-18-13 04:07 PM

Don't trust anything a sales drone says. My grandmother is more knowledgeable about AT&T releases then they are.
    Exactly. I spoke to some guys at the AT&T store a week ago, and neither of them even knew that Blackberry had a new phone coming out or that there was a new OS. Today, after reading the above, I went to the same store and asked to speak to the manager, who told me that she's been told that we're still looking at a mid-March release. I let her know that some of her own employees didn't know anything about Blackberry's new products, she told me that there had been very little talk at AT&T until Thursday of last week about Blackberry. So who knows WHAT to believe.
    02-18-13 08:08 PM