One has to ask do U.S. carriers care that Blackberry succeeds? I find it striking that the U.S. carrier attitude appears to be a "don't give a fly'n shi-nick!
    06-30-13 11:06 PM
    They don't care sadly it seems...

All cell phone retail stores have become Android City with iPhone and WinMo corners.

People that just came in wanting a basic flip phone leave with a Galaxy S4 and don't even know what Android is. Some of these people are otherwise brilliant. I know several of them.

Retail people don't care. They just think about sales quota.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    06-30-13 11:17 PM
    If I were the ceo of BlackBerry, I would of shat all over them, with Canadian government backing.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-30-13 11:20 PM
    I agree with you there. They are not doing the phones any justice by telling customers that the phones are difficult to use, when they have it locked in "Demo Mode" I believe it's a direct assault on the BlackBerry comeback.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:23 PM
    BlackBerry shouldn't be taking this crap... they need to be tough about it.

06-30-13 11:26 PM
    Call Thor. Let him know the dilemma. Let him sue.

via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.1) [ Follow me @EHZAY for BB News & Tech Updates ]
    06-30-13 11:28 PM
    I avoid carrier merchants every chance I get. I do so because I'm not the average consumer.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:33 PM
    The extremely slow rollout of updates, especially ones that fix system breaking issues with the patchwork American networks, is definitely playing a large role in the way people look at the phone. Where BlackBerry has fixed the rebooting issue months ago, carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile, Etc. sit on the fix and **** off their customers. So people see their friends/colleagues using a Z10 and ask "How do you like their phone?". What would you say? "Well, it doesn't work right now, and the problem's been fixed, but my carrier hasn't pushed the update yet."?

Unfortunately BlackBerry is in a really hard spot right now: they can't pull an Apple and threaten to take their killer product away from American carriers, because the carriers obviously don't care about BlackBerry to begin with. Aside from paying them off at the moment, BlackBerry doesn't really have much in the way of a bargaining chip to make them care.

It's definitely the US carriers that are the biggest hurdle BlackBerry has to breaking out in the US.
    07-01-13 12:29 AM
    @Bacon the trick is if BlackBerry pulls out because of the carriers, the American BlackBerry fans will tear the carriers a new one...

07-01-13 01:26 AM
    @Bacon the trick is if BlackBerry pulls out because of the carriers, the American BlackBerry fans will tear the carriers a new one...

Like this would bother or affect the carriers? Didn't bother US Cellular any. Not having the Z10 didn't seem to bother Sprint any.

BlackBerry has no pull. They abused it and lost it.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    07-01-13 02:06 AM
    Like this would bother or affect the carriers? Didn't bother US Cellular any. Not having the Z10 didn't seem to bother Sprint any.

BlackBerry has no pull. They abused it and lost it.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Sad to read, but must concur with your statement.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:14 AM
    I am wondering what Thor was thinking when he said carriers want a third player? In his mind was he thinking it was BlackBerry or was he told it was BlackBerry?
    07-01-13 02:21 AM
    I'm sure the carriers care, but whether that gets passed along to their Android and iPhone-loving sales reps is another story.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:27 AM
    I'm sure the carriers care, but whether that gets passed along to their Android and iPhone-loving sales reps is another story.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. I have wondered if it comes from the top or not because that has been my observation at various AT&T stores around San Diego. Sales people are the front line and, for most people, they are the experts and take their advise into consideration. They tried to persuade me when I went to get my Z and then when I got my wife's Z. However,they were not counting on my knowledge on the product compared to theirs (or at least what they portrayed to know about it).

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:33 AM
    Sales reps are NOT by any means experts. They are hired based on their sales ability almost exclusively. It is a retail job. I have seen interviews and questions...knowledge of phones has nothing to do with it.

07-01-13 02:41 AM
    Sales reps are NOT by any means experts. They are hired based on their sales ability almost exclusively. It is a retail job. I have seen interviews and questions...knowledge of phones has nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately, most people believe that and ask for their advise. I have seen and heard that being at the store waiting for my number to be called.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 02:59 AM