Anyone else having this problem?

I seem to be getting sloppier at typing and fighting more and more with the autocorrect ("just accept the word I typed dammit!!"). I think when I first migrated from a keyboard phone I typed slowly and carefully on the touchscreen because I was afraid of making mistakes, but as I got to trust the autocorrect and swiping I got more confident at typing quickly, which now seems to have had the reverse effect of me making way more mistakes.

Or maybe its because I turn 40 next month and losing all my fine motor skills.
    12-19-13 11:16 AM

I seem to be getting sloppier at typing and fighting more and more with the autocorrect ("just accept the word I typed dammit!!"). I think when I first migrated from a keyboard phone I typed slowly and carefully on the touchscreen because I was afraid of making mistakes, but as I got to trust the autocorrect and swiping I got more confident at typing quickly, which now seems to have had the reverse effect of me making way more mistakes.

Don't say that! I turn 30 in a few months, that'll mean I'm a ticking time bomb!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 11:19 AM
    Kinda.

As we get used to the device, we tend to notice flaws more easily. AC is a bit annoying, but once you get past the "keyboard is amazing!" AND "AC sucks!" you find the balance and can shot out 60-100 words per second with very few mistakes.

I'm moving towards that point myself. Learning spacebar-fu is the main part.
    12-19-13 11:24 AM
    WOW! That's fast. . .

I can just get out 100 words per minute on a desktop keyboard lol

Kinda.

As we get used to the device, we tend to notice flaws more easily. AC is a bit annoying, but once you get past the "keyboard is amazing!" AND "AC sucks!" you find the balance and can shot out 60-100 words per second with very few mistakes.

I'm moving towards that point myself. Learning spacebar-fu is the main part.
    12-19-13 01:56 PM

Wait till you get to MY AGE! FINE? Motor? Skills?
    12-19-13 02:08 PM
    I found that the the prediction function via the space bar was becoming annoying. I switched it to the auto correct for spelling and it works much better for me.

The prediction will still pop up inline on the keyboard but no longer in the space bar. That's what was killing me.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-19-13 02:22 PM
    Mine's actually working great so far! Still as good as it used to be.
    12-19-13 06:02 PM
    Been on mine for two weeks now, and this keyboard still never ceases to amaze me. It's pretty scary actually how it almost knows what I am thinking. I'm able to send text messages way faster then any of my friends can answer them. They even comment on that. "Wow you type so fast"
    diegonei likes this.
    12-19-13 07:07 PM
    Clear the learned words every so often. I find that helps too. I have had this phone since March and loving the keyboard still.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    12-19-13 09:59 PM
    WOW! That's fast. . .

I can just get out 100 words per minute on a desktop keyboard lol
    Get Flying Thumbs and check how fast you are (then compare to how accurate )
    12-19-13 10:47 PM
    If you absolutely don't want the word changed, hit a return, even if not at an appropriate location in the composition. Hitting the space bar will get your word changed. Most of the time this happens on abbreviations. Then obviously you hit the backspace to start entering text in the right location.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 12:41 AM