Yeah. This is the best part of this phone. BlackBerry hit this out of the park. The jury is still out on the rest of the device.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:50 AM
    I think the keyboard is amazing on this phone, much easier than any other that I have used. The hardest part is not hitting the space bar accidentally.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 08:57 AM
    I find it helps typing when naked, that is with no skin on the phone

I have mastered the Z10 keyboard, perhaps since I have had the Dev alpha since October 2012

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:03 AM
    I'm tying it now nd let's see how the message turns out. I can say one thing though on my 9900 it was flawless

Hey better than I expected

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:25 AM
    I am having a terrible time getting used to the Z10 keyboard and am thinking about paying the penalty to go to the Q10. If I try to touch a letter, I seem to select the one to the left of it. So, I have to adjust for that. Sometimes, I am right on with flicking up a word. Other times, I can't do it to save my life. Then, it will suggest a word on the space bar and it is not the word I want and I can't seem to get rid of that word without somehow selecting that word, removing, it and then trying to type in the word I want again. And trying to type something out at a stop light. Forget it. By the time I bring up the keyboard and have to find and then over-point to the first letter, the light has changed. Guess I am just unteachable.
    04-11-13 10:08 AM
    This is my first touchscreen and I am not so sure it will work for me.
    04-11-13 10:13 AM
    Then, it will suggest a word on the space bar and it is not the word I want and I can't seem to get rid of that word without somehow selecting that word, removing, it and then trying to type in the word I want again. .
    This is actually the only problem I have. I can't figure out what to do when there's a suggestion on the space bar which I don't want. ... any advice guys?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:07 PM
    I noticed the word I intended to type shows up above the space bar so I can choose that instead of the suggested one. Or you can backspace to the end of the word and it'll change to what you had before the suggestion.

There is no way I can type on this thing without looking at it but I've gotten pretty quick at thumb typing on it now. Faster than on my previous bbs.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:19 PM
    I tend to focus on the space bar as this where I may get problems with auto correct. I constantly hit b instead of space and it messes it all up. The fact that auto corrections are shown on the space bar too indicates that focusing on the space bar might actually be what were supposed to do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 01:10 PM
    I was a pro at this with my 9860 especially when driving. The reduced keyboard made it easy. With a full keyboard its really hard.

Posted via CB10
    LOL you should never text while driving, possibly the most stupidest thing anyone can do unless your stationary then fair enough but whilst moving, you might as well write your own death certificate.

Yeh sometimes i type without looking, but i tend to look as im typing as i like to flick the words up.
    04-11-13 01:47 PM
    I guess no answer as to how to refuse the word that is on the space bar without having to delete and retype the word you want.
    04-12-13 09:22 AM
    The word that you actually typed will be on/just above the space bar, you just need to "flick" it up.....also, i was reading earlier that the space bar predictive word only happens until the word you are wanting to use is learned (not sure if it is a grammar issue)...i am noticing that i am now having less problems with that than i did originally.
    DNCBold9650 likes this.
    04-12-13 09:36 AM
    No more drunk text?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:39 AM
    Haha no way. This is my first touch screen keyboard and I am not used to it like that just yet. I typed without looking out my 9930 though. I was a pro. Maybe one day. Also, flicking words is fun!

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    If you were a pro on the 9930 then your issue with the keyboard isn't lack of practice; but lack of confidence.

The muscle memory is there so you just need to type like you would with your old 9930. Between your muscle memory and the predictive keyboard you should be seeing similar results as to what you used to get with your old bold.

I went through the same issue when i upgraded from the Bold 9700 to the torch 9860. At one point I just said frak it and just typed. It works even better on the z10.
    04-12-13 09:44 AM
    I definitely do that. I find if you had a previous bb, then testing without looking comes naturally because the virtual keyboard is so similar to the physical keyboard.

That is how you know they really thought about what they were designing. Hence the reason why I am keeping the z10 and not getting the q10. Also how I am pleasantly surprised to have praises for an all touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:23 AM
    Exactly Sarcasm, muscle memory. I knew it was grasping for the right language somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 10:25 AM
41 12