I have upgraded to the Verizon 10.1.0.2039. I am glad that you can now do a two way sync with outlook, however when I try to sync from my phone back to outlook it will not add on new appointments. I have tried multiple combinations of setting and nothing seems to work.

Is anyone else having this problem or have the solution?
    07-29-13 10:11 AM
    [QUOTE=Eclipse75;8908781]I have upgraded to the Verizon 10.1.0.2039. I am glad that you can now do a two way sync with outlook, however when I try to sync from my phone back to outlook it will not add on new appointments. I have tried multiple combinations of setting and nothing seems to work.
    Welcome to the forums. There are many threads on this subject that you can search and read up on to see if any posts fit your issues but, basically the 2 main ingredients to a successful 2-way sync are, a clean install of Link version # 1.1.1.32 and 10.1 OS which you have. By clean I mean uninstall older versions of Link and any left over BBDM versions you may have on your PC and then reboot your pc. /btw, use the uninstall feature on your pc control panel/programs and features. Once that is done, reload the new version of link; reconfigure you sync options (one-way, two-way,) then plug in phone to link and click on sync and hopefully all will work fine. It is known that sometimes Link just doesn't work, but most of tbe time it does so give it a try and good luck! Post ylur results to let us k.now how it goes.

Is anyone else having this problem or have the solution?
    07-29-13 10:46 AM
    I uninstalled link and installed the newest version before I updated the OS on my phone and I also updated the OS on my phone using link and a USB connection. I even deleted all of my contacts and tried to start from scratch by doing a one way sync from the phone, and it put some of the appointments in but not the ones that did not show up the first time.

I've spent several hours last night and most of this morning researching the issue and the other threads posted about this but none of them seemed to resolve my problem. I actually found the information about deleting link and installing the newest version from your post on July 1. My contacts synced wonderfully without any problems and any changes I make on the device will sync with outlook. The problem I am having is with my calendar appointments. I think it has to do with the BB link calendar and the local calendar, but I can't seem to figure out how to set it up to work correctly. A couple of other posts have mentioned this problem, but I couldn't find an actually answer or solution.
    07-29-13 11:12 AM
    I uninstalled link and installed the newest version before I updated the OS on my phone and I also updated the OS on my phone using link and a USB connection. I even deleted all of my contacts and tried to start from scratch by doing a one way sync from the phone, and it put some of the appointments in but not the ones that did not show up the first time.

I've spent several hours last night and most of this morning researching the issue and the other threads posted about this but none of them seemed to resolve my problem. I actually found the information about deleting link and installing the newest version from your post on July 1. My contacts synced wonderfully without any problems and any changes I make on the device will sync with outlook. The problem I am having is with my calendar appointments. I think it has to do with the BB link calendar and the local calendar, but I can't seem to figure out how to set it up to work correctly. A couple of other posts have mentioned this problem, but I couldn't find an actually answer or solution.
    Do you have both of the calendars (Local and BBLink) opened or closed in your calendar application. I only have the BBLink turned on most of the time but have found that on occassion the local needs to be on to show some of the appointments. Outlook actually syncs flawlessly (normally) with the BBLink Calendar turned on and all the others off. But if you add an appointment to the phone, sometimes it only shows up in the "local" calendar. For best results open your calendar app and swipe down on the top. Go to Manage calendars and only check the Home (Local) calendar and BBLink calendar that is attached to your PC i.e.BBLink (joe's-PC) and then try adding a couple of dummy appointments to see if they stick. Do them on both the PC/Outlook calendar and on the phone--like call them "test appt 1 and test appt 2" or whatever and then sync and see if they go on both the PC and phone. I honestly have no problems doing it and I have a lot of entries on there. At first it was a nightmare until I figured out how to "manage" the calendars. Good luck and let us know if this helps at all.
    Eclipse75 likes this.
    07-29-13 03:00 PM
    Do you have both of the calendars (Local and BBLink) opened or closed in your calendar application. I only have the BBLink turned on most of the time but have found that on occassion the local needs to be on to show some of the appointments. Outlook actually syncs flawlessly (normally) with the BBLink Calendar turned on and all the others off. But if you add an appointment to the phone, sometimes it only shows up in the "local" calendar. For best results open your calendar app and swipe down on the top. Go to Manage calendars and only check the Home (Local) calendar and BBLink calendar that is attached to your PC i.e.BBLink (joe's-PC) and then try adding a couple of dummy appointments to see if they stick. Do them on both the PC/Outlook calendar and on the phone--like call them "test appt 1 and test appt 2" or whatever and then sync and see if they go on both the PC and phone. I honestly have no problems doing it and I have a lot of entries on there. At first it was a nightmare until I figured out how to "manage" the calendars. Good luck and let us know if this helps at all.
    When you make an appointment on your phone in the BB Link calendar, are you able to send an invite to other participants? I keep getting a message that I have to associate an email account with the Link calendar, but when I try to the phone tells me to do it from within Link, but I'm unable to find anywhere in Link on the computer that lets me do so. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:15 PM
    Thanks, I think this helps out a lot. I am going to try this when I get home this evening. I only have two calendars showing up, the Local and the BBlink. The BBlink calendar just showed up after the update, and I unchecked it. The appointments that I am having a problem with are on the local calendar. I have a feeling that what I may need to do is figure out how to merge the two calendars and then only use the BBlink one. That seems like a possible solution if I can figure out how to do that. Thanks again, I think this helps out a lot!

I
    07-29-13 03:16 PM
    PS: I just saw this on another thread regarding these issues with syncing calendar entries. This is a little too late for most of us as we've already done the inital transfer but this makes sense as to how they are moved over and where the entries go. Check out this link on the BB site:
    KB34413-After performing a two-way sync, all contacts and appointments imported with the previous version of BlackBerry Link are duplicated
    Last edited by go1ndr; 07-29-13 at 03:33 PM. Reason: typo
    07-29-13 03:32 PM