This would definitely be awesome if all these users returned to BB. (btw I know this is for the Q10 but im a Z10 user and this would be good for BB overall hence I posted here)

Two-thirds of BlackBerry converts tempted to return by Q10 | ZDNet
    David in Durham and jrdba like this.
    05-19-13 01:06 AM
    I find this amazing after the overwhelming negatively by the press for the past two years. It just shows that BlackBerry is making some real progress in eliminating this crap. Yes, they have a long way to go, but it's clear the dark clouds are starting to open up.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:21 AM
    So used to negative opinion only threads - I actually didn't understand the title st first - LOL.

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    05-19-13 01:34 AM
    You think it's bad now. Wait till you try it!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:51 AM
    Wow! So the perception I got from business analysts so far was that the Q10 would just push thru the upgrade cycle for current Blackberry Curve/Bold owners (70 million) but it'd have a hard time converting iPhone and Android owners. This is great news! My last BB was a Bold 9000 in 2009. Jumped on the iOS bandwagon, Android but am back to BB and plan on never leaving with this amazing QNX platform!
    xBURK likes this.
    05-19-13 02:38 AM
    it honestly seems like a lot of these so called analysts are getting paid under the table or something to keep blackberry looking bad. the worst part is that they know most people are too lazy/stupid to actually use a phone to come up with their own opinion and instead will look to follow whatever is en vogue.
    jrdba, R Field and xBURK like this.
    05-19-13 02:50 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more! They really badly want Bb to perish. I can't get enough of my Z10, the swiping feature reminds me of Nokia N9 and Webos. Hope to God this platform thrives in the next few quarters.
    05-19-13 02:57 AM
    OP, could you change the thread title to something like "Two-thirds of converts are tempted to go back to a BlackBerry phone by the Q10!!!" ?

I am not a native English speaker, but it seems to me that the original title could easily be interpreted to signify the exact opposite of the info you are trying to convey.
    Last edited by maxdaniels; 05-19-13 at 06:33 AM.
    xBURK likes this.
    05-19-13 03:13 AM
    So I have always been convinced that a percentage of BBRY's downfall was due to the lack of training of the sales people. Here is a prime example of many that I have seen.

I was in T-MO a few days ago with a buddy as he was buying a GNote 3(sucks for him). Anyway this guy next to us was returning his Z10 for a GNote 3 as well. So I had to ask him why, especially when I saw that his damaged phone(which was the purpose for him even buying the Z10 was an older model BB Pearl.

He said that he wanted to return the Z10 because "it didn't work for him". I am no Crackberry Ambassador or anything but I know my tech, so I asked him, "what was it not doing that he thinks that it should." He replied "well, actually I can't say because I never got that far with the phone because my contacts were all messed up in the phone and I am a heavy user of my phone."

So being an owner of several BBRy's and current owner of a Bold 9900 and Playbook I asked him "HOW did you move your contacts? Did you use BBRY Desktop Manager or BB Link since its a BBOS to BB10 move." He glared at me with such confusion and said I don't know....I walked in and asked for the "BEST PHONE" and the girl gave me this Z10 and then SHE transferred my contacts with some machine"

I looked at his sales girl who was ringing up the Gnote 3 sale as he and I were talking. She looked at me like "don't you mess up my sale". Even the store manager came over to see what I was doing. I said to her, "I am not going to ruin your sale, I just want to hear his story." So of course I asked him, "Since the Z10 was not a phone that worked for you, what made you go with the GNote 3...his reply was 'She told me THIS is THE BEST phone out and fastest! (sidebar, specs wise the fastest phone out on T-MO is the LG G2).

At that I just said, OK and have a good day. I turned back to the sales girl who was helping my friend and shook my head at her. She know's me as "Mr. Blackberry" because I often walk in there to make sure she has all BBRY demos charged up, as they are not often times. I also bring people in just to teach them about the BB10 devices. So she knows that I know what I am saying.

My final question to the sales girl (the one who knows me) was how are you guys trained on your phones. She said they each have a specialty knowledge base. I asked what was the knowledge base of the girl who sold the Gnote 3 over the Z10...she said "she is new, she has not been to training yet"

I rest my case!
    11-03-13 07:35 AM