1) none of my contacts that only have a business name (i.e. Pizza Hut) instead of a first and last name transfer over Bluetooth to my car. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have a workaround? It transfers all the contact's first and last names, along with their phone numbers, just not the contacts that are just a business (with no first or last name). First noticed it the other day when I tried to bring up a pizza joint that's in my contacts and it wasn't in my car's phone book. In case it matters, it is a recent BMW with the current iDrive.

2) was trying to copy the email address of one of my contacts and then paste it into a text message but couldn't figure out how. Tried the long-press on the email address to no avail and eventually just "shared" the entire contact. Is there a way to copy individual components of a contact (phone number, email, etc) to paste them into another application (i.e. email, text, calendar, BBM, etc) or do you just have to "share" the whole contact?

Apologize if these have been covered and thanks in advance for any help on these 2 issues.
    04-22-13 04:18 PM
    Anyone know the answers here, can anyone help?
    04-30-13 02:25 PM
    1) none of my contacts that only have a business name (i.e. Pizza Hut) instead of a first and last name transfer over Bluetooth to my car. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone have a workaround? It transfers all the contact's first and last names, along with their phone numbers, just not the contacts that are just a business (with no first or last name). First noticed it the other day when I tried to bring up a pizza joint that's in my contacts and it wasn't in my car's phone book. In case it matters, it is a recent BMW with the current iDrive.

2) was trying to copy the email address of one of my contacts and then paste it into a text message but couldn't figure out how. Tried the long-press on the email address to no avail and eventually just "shared" the entire contact. Is there a way to copy individual components of a contact (phone number, email, etc) to paste them into another application (i.e. email, text, calendar, BBM, etc) or do you just have to "share" the whole contact?

Apologize if these have been covered and thanks in advance for any help on these 2 issues.
    1) not sure as I never use my car's bluetooth. Though, I could assume that since there is no First and Last name, the car does not register it, or maybe just not the business name. Could be a blank name on the list. Try putting Pizza Hut as the First and Last name. should be fine that way.

2) the only workaround I have found is going into contact, edit the contact and copy the email from the field. tedious, but that is the only option I have found thus far
    pkcable likes this.
    04-30-13 02:40 PM
    Ref 1)

you don't indicate what OS you're using (10.0 or 10.1 leak). However, that being said: On 10.0, the Z10's internal voice dialing did NOT parse the company name field as you describe. On 10.1, it DOES. Looks like that was improved/fized 10.0 --> 10.1. I am not sure if this will translate to the car vs. bluetooth issue, but 10.1 MAY fix this, as I have a funny feeling there is a correlation.

You may want to try the 10.1 leak, if you are not already. That may fix your problem. Try it and let folks know.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-30-13 02:48 PM