Well, I postet this in one of the related threads, but got no response, and now this is getting a serious concern, and I don't know what to try out next:

"I'm not getting any tweets into my z10's hub at all, and I'm not getting an indicator LED after a new tweet has arrived. Twitter is in the hub. All notification settings for Twitter are ON. I have no idea how to make this work."

The (abysmal) native BB10 Twitter app works - kind of. Even when I keep it open, it doesn't refresh itself, nor does it inform me that new tweets have arrived. If I go into the app and refresh, it does refresh and shows new tweets.

As many of you have stated already, the Twitter app doesn't allow for any customization, nor is it possible to log off, close it and log in. It can also not be deleted and re-installed (at least not with my still basic knowledge of the OS).

Does anyone know how to make this work? I want Twitter to become part of the hub, and to come up with LED and tone when a new tweet arrives. Without the need to go into the app and to refresh manually. And this is how it is supposed to be, isn't it?
    OS version: 10.0.10.90 or 10.0.10.690
    03-02-13 07:42 AM
    The HUB isn't for your twitter feed, it is only for direct messages from twitter. Normal tweets will not show up, not wvwn if people @ you...only if they send you a message.
    03-02-13 07:51 AM
    wow. I don't think I like that.
    On my 9900, I'm getting LED, sound and vibration for every tweet that arrives (if I want). This is my standard way of getting news & other information delivered.
    I hope that someones has a workaround for this?
    03-02-13 08:09 AM
    Actually, I do believe @mentions show up in the Hub. Not 100% on this though.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 08:14 AM
    I can confirm that direct messages will show, but none from the general feed. I asked a friend to send me something and it arrived in the hub.
    I'm just wondering what the rationale for this whole thing is.
    1. Twitter feed doesn't show in the hub. OK, I kind of understand, it is meant to be the center for all direct, personal messages.
    2. but then why does the Twitter app neither refresh itself nor inform the user if a new tweet has arrived (feed or direct) !? Why does it have no options for settings or customisation at all? The settings icon just leads to a webpage with a help function and a display of legal terms. ** stupid is that?

I think this implementation is missing the whole point of messaging in general, and of Twitter in particular.
    03-02-13 09:07 AM
    I would say the rationale is that most Twitter users follow enough people that they get dozens or hundreds of tweets an hour and don't want to be constantly bombarded with notifications and having to clear them from the hub (I got about 50 tweets on my timeline in the last hour, for instance). In addition, the hub generally speaking is for messages that are directly from one person to another (emails, texts, Facebook messages, etc, Twitter DMs)., not for messages broadcast to a group of people (Facebook timeline, LinkedIn network updates, etc.). I personally don't think it is missing the point of Twitter. The vast majority of tweets I see are not things that I need to respond to.
    polgara59 and sooman54 like this.
    03-02-13 10:51 AM
    Actually, I do believe @mentions show up in the Hub. Not 100% on this though.
    Posted via CB10
    @mentions do show up in the hub. Before the latest OS update, only DMs did. There's the option in settings to turn these off.
    03-02-13 10:57 AM
    I would expect however for the twitter app to function in a similar way to how it did with the legacy OS where it will just put a notification in your messages to let you know that you have new tweets available. I don't think that would be unreasonable.
    03-02-13 11:22 AM
    The way I would like twitter app to work is how it works on my iPhone. This alleviates any issues regarding being bombarded with hundreds of tweets if u follow a large number of people.

Within the iphone twitter app I am able to pick and choose whos tweets I want to get notifications for.

Example, if I am following a local traffic twitter account, I can choose to get notificatons within the twitter app for all tweets they send out. Then when I get the notification from twitter I can check traffic issues in real time. Instead of having to open the twitter app and refresh the feed every so often and see if there are any updates or not.
    03-02-13 11:31 AM
    @mentions do show up in the hub. Before the latest OS update, only DMs did. There's the option in settings to turn these off.
    Where are you seeing twitter options in settings? All I can find is the option to turn twitter on or off, I can't find anywhere that gives me options as to what kind of twitter notifications I receive...
    03-02-13 11:35 AM
    I just looked at the "accounts" page in settings.
    Under twitter I have "direct messages, people you follow". Within the twitter account I have notifications set to on. To me this implies that I will get notifications from people I follow and direct messages. Am the only one who interprets it in this way??

It looks like some additional functionality is needed to customize who you get notifications from like the iPhone twitter app. This would make the twitter app actually useful
    03-02-13 11:37 AM
    I am having the opposite problem on my BBZ10. Can anyone help? Despite repeated deletion of Twitter notifications going back three months the same ones keep getting re-delivered. I have tried un-installing the app. I have switched off the notifications in the account which is a bit senesless. I have un-installed my and re-installed my gmail account. It sort of looks like these notifications arent being deleted off a server somewhere and so keep on getting delivered. PLEASE HELP
    03-12-13 07:20 AM
    @mentions and direct messages are delivered to the Hub, just like on the Legacy OS. If you havent updated to the latest version of Twitter you should do as it's a big improvement on the original.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 07:44 AM
    It would be slick if:

• The twitter portion of the Hub could display tweets from people you follow
    • This could be an option to display those you follow or just direct messages.
    • If I could see messages from people I follow I would view it in the hub screen, but not in the consolidated message hub.
    • This would then allow me to see all the tweets from those I follow right from the Hub screen but allow me to keep twitter separated but very easily accessible in the Hub screen.

Just my one nickel since pennies are no longer...
    03-14-13 09:25 PM
    Yo i am Q10 user.

East Coast, these:

It would be slick if:

• The twitter portion of the Hub could display tweets from people you follow
    • This could be an option to display those you follow or just direct messages.
    • If I could see messages from people I follow I would view it in the hub screen, but not in the consolidated message hub.
    • This would then allow me to see all the tweets from those I follow right from the Hub screen but allow me to keep twitter separated but very easily accessible in the Hub screen.

Are very logical suggestions!

Also, how do you switch between different twitter accounts

AND how does one copy paste a number to drop into a diff message / email?
    07-25-13 07:08 AM