My twitter account mysteriously loads up with accounts I am supposedly following, when I've never done so. My account also mysteriously sends out tweets under my name without my knowledge. I delete the un-asked for "following" accounts, but they come back on, different accounts, overnight. Any thoughts on how or why my twitter account is getting hijacked? I've set my account to be non-public with the full privacy settings allowed.
    12-16-13 06:50 PM
    Did your password get compromised? This happens often with twitter.
    12-16-13 07:29 PM
    Did your password get compromised? This happens often with twitter.
    I doubt it. I've barely had the account for 60 days, and have sent out only a handful of tweets. This is the only time that my Berry has been infiltrated in this way. I'm thinking of deleting and staying away from twitter. Pretty risky, it seems to me.
    12-17-13 08:08 AM
    Change your password anyway, sounds like a bot has control.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:11 AM
    Could be hacked, bot or an app has control.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-17-13 08:34 AM
    What are the tweets about?
    You may have been compromised. Probably not from you phone if you are using the official app.
    Do you use twitter on your computer?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:38 AM
    yeah, wouldn't hurt to change your password. Sounds like its not the phone its your account.
    12-17-13 10:15 AM
    I'd also change your email password whilst you're at it- chances are (and I'm not calling you names) if one has been cracked, so has the other.

Change your email password first, then your Twitter one. Then anything else connected to that email, just to make sure.

I have all my passwords randomly generated in Password Keeper now. Seems easier to copy and paste them from there than take the risk of having one fairly secure password.

(I'm not a crazy tin-foil-hatter, but I'm less comfy now than I used to be with having my Twitter password the same as my online banking...)

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 04:44 PM
    yeah, wouldn't hurt to change your password. Sounds like its not the phone its your account.
    Well changing my twitter password didn't work. Still getting people glomming onto my "following" list. Could it be the twitter app off my BB World account? I'll try changing my email password, since it's a good idea to do so anyway, but I'm not having any hijacks on my Gmail account. I also don't have twitter on my PC or other devices. Only my Z10.
    12-17-13 07:56 PM
    You need to change your Twitter password to a stronger one. I can assure you it's not your phone. Are you using some crazy Android Twitter client? No? Then your account has been hijacked. It happens. Try changing both your Twitter password and the password to the email associated with your Twitter account. Make it long and strong. Good luck!
    chuco35 likes this.
    12-17-13 08:13 PM
    Check to see what apps have been authorised to access your Twitter account and revoke any that you are't using or didn't set up.

Posted via CB10
    chuco35 likes this.
    12-17-13 08:14 PM
    Check to see what apps have been authorised to access your Twitter account and revoke any that you are't using or didn't set up.

Posted via CB10
    How do I do that? I don't have my email set on my facebook account. I've got my location setting turned off, and my privacy setting turned on,
    12-18-13 08:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Go and check here

https://twitter.com/settings/applications

Posted via CB10
    chuco35 likes this.
    12-18-13 08:32 AM