I'm new to Twitter

I've just signed up (on my PC)
    On my Z10 I have logged in to twitter using BB stock twitter app

Twitter account now exist in HUB but not updating?
    I mean its empty in the hub, nothing at all, blank,
    however I was able to send a test message from it.
    It does show as my tweet in twitter app?

I cannot delete twitter from the hub?

In the app new tweets don't update automatically, neither thumbnailed active trame nor in full screen mode.
    I am able to update it manually though?

Am I doing it wrong?
    I was expecting automatic notifications in BB hub.
    Do I you guys leave twitter app open in active frame all the time to get notifications (in app/hub)?
    Last edited by msps; 05-03-13 at 04:55 AM.
    05-03-13 04:26 AM
    In the Hub go to settings... the 3 dots, Hub Management and make sure Twitter is selected. Try that. you can also go into your accounts, via settings, select twitter and enable Notifications
    05-03-13 04:30 AM
    twitter is selected
    05-03-13 04:32 AM
    In the twitter app itself have you enabled notifications?
    05-03-13 04:36 AM
    Tweets won't appear in the hub, just replies etc
    Barljo likes this.
    05-03-13 04:36 AM
    twitter in hubtwitter am I doing it wrong-2013-05-03-10.36.45.jpg
    05-03-13 04:53 AM
    Tweets won't appear in the hub, just replies etc
    I see
    what about twitter app?

Do I need to do a manual refresh do view new tweets?
    Would it be the same with Blaq?
    05-03-13 04:56 AM
    Go into the app settings for updates/refresh. I use Blaq, and these are the settings available
    twitter am I doing it wrong-img_00000002.png
    twitter am I doing it wrong-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:02 AM
    So the best I can get is 5 minutes update?
    Do I have to keep Blaq in active frame or is it kinda push notification even when Blaq is closed?

Doesn't twitter app use push notifications?

I am not sure but it seemed to me that it was the whole point of twitter.
    Is it the same on iphone /droid?
    05-03-13 05:50 AM
    I have all my notifications set to off. You will only be notified of new tweets.
    05-03-13 05:56 AM
    I don't really use twitter but as my understanding goes, the only thing that will show in the hub is direct messages. This is for good reason too. Once you start following more and more people, you'll end up with 100's of tweets per hour to get through. As for the actual twitter app, I can't help there but hope my explanation regarding the hub is satisfactory.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:14 AM
    Makes sense

I'm going to follow just one person (site)
    The important thing to me is I get their tweets asap.

The app, hub, Blaq, whatever is best.
    I'd prefer not to waste a precious active frame.
    05-03-13 06:22 AM
    Makes sense

The hub only notifies you when someone mentions you on twitter, you can reply and compose a tweet from the hub. The hub works by itself, it doesn't need any twitter app, just the hub account. So if you uninstall all twitter apps on your phone, the hub will still notify you and you'll still be able to compose tweets and reply.

Posted vai CB10 - STL 100-01
    05-03-13 06:29 AM
    I don't really use twitter but as my understanding goes, the only thing that will show in the hub is direct messages. This is for good reason too. Once you start following more and more people, you'll end up with 100's of tweets per hour to get through. As for the actual twitter app, I can't help there but hope my explanation regarding the hub is satisfactory.

Posted via CB10
    Options are an even better thing. I, and many others, would like the option to be notified of new tweets in the Hub, just like in BB7 and earlier.

Don't ever tell me that not having an option is better than having an option.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:36 AM
    Options are an even better thing. I, and many others, would like the option to be notified of new tweets in the Hub, just like in BB7 and earlier.

Don't ever tell me that not having an option is better than having an option.

Posted via CB10
    That would be like getting a notification every time someone added something to fb (your news feed). Do you get that? Would you want that? Don't you think that it would be an excessive amount of crap populating the hub? The reason that you get dm's is that pertains to you and makes sure that you don't miss such things. To simply read and follow tweets, open the app and have at it.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:46 AM
    The hub works by itself, it doesn't need any twitter app, just the hub account. So if you uninstall all twitter apps on your phone, the hub will still notify you and you'll still be able to compose tweets and reply.

Posted vai CB10 - STL 100-01
    WTF?
    How do I delete twitter from the hub(not just hide it)?

I've deleted twitter app but this account still shows in the hub. It was a test twitter account and I do not want in in the hub ever.
    05-03-13 07:12 AM
    Go into your phone settings and then go to accounts. There is an option to remove any account you want from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    msps likes this.
    05-03-13 07:43 AM
    thanks
    works

I would have expected it in the HUB settings
    05-03-13 09:46 AM
    Makes sense

What 8 other active frames do you have to have running and what person's tweets do you have to see sooner than every 5 minutes? The whole situation seems bizarre to me.
    05-03-13 09:51 AM
    Live sport info.
    5 min should be fine but I'd prefer instant push.

Do you find bizarre someone expects push email on their BB? What's the difference?

What active frames I use is irrelevant.

Eg. Right now I have opened:
    sip client, battery monitor, satnav, browser, music player, crackberry app, weather, nobex.

The problem with active frames is that they cannot be pinned.
    Apps cannot run in back ground.

Phone /search/camera counts as active frame which makes extremely easy to accidentaly close 'standby' eg SIP client or Twitter frame just by opening a dialpad.

It's ridiculous but bb10 gives me no option but keep tapping some frames from time to time to bring them up and they don't get closed.
    05-03-13 10:27 AM
    That would be like getting a notification every time someone added something to fb (your news feed). Do you get that? Would you want that? Don't you think that it would be an excessive amount of crap populating the hub? The reason that you get dm's is that pertains to you and makes sure that you don't miss such things. To simply read and follow tweets, open the app and have at it.

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever used previous BlackBerrys? Because that is how Twitter worked on them and many people loved it. I had it set to notify me of how many tweets I had waiting every 30 minutes. The Universal Inbox would display a Twitter notification every 30 minutes with the number of new tweets next to it. I loved it and one of the reasons I didn't keep my iphone was because it didn't do that.

And guess what, if you didn't want that, you could disable it! Win win a cross the board. There is absolutely no reason anyone would not want that to be an option.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:07 AM
    Have you ever used previous BlackBerrys? Because that is how Twitter worked on them and many people loved it. I had it set to notify me of how many tweets I had waiting every 30 minutes. The Universal Inbox would display a Twitter notification every 30 minutes with the number of new tweets next to it. I loved it and one of the reasons I didn't keep my iphone was because it didn't do that.

And guess what, if you didn't want that, you could disable it! Win win a cross the board. There is absolutely no reason anyone would not want that to be an option.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough. I didn't use twitter on my old BlackBerry and didn't know that type of notification was there. It sounded like he wanted all tweets to direct to the hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:36 AM
    Live sport info.
    5 min should be fine but I'd prefer instant push.

Do you find bizarre someone expects push email on their BB? What's the difference?

What active frames I use is irrelevant.

Eg. Right now I have opened:
    sip client, battery monitor, satnav, browser, music player, crackberry app, weather, nobex.

The problem with active frames is that they cannot be pinned.
    Apps cannot run in back ground.

Phone /search/camera counts as active frame which makes extremely easy to accidentaly close 'standby' eg SIP client or Twitter frame just by opening a dialpad.

It's ridiculous but bb10 gives me no option but keep tapping some frames from time to time to bring them up and they don't get closed.
    Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:57 AM
    Sorry, but yes you're doing it wrong. The Hub is for nothing other than tweets that are directed at you. Direct messages, replies, or tweets that mention you.
    It doesn't show every tweet that hits twitter, the app is for that. As far as updates in the app, that's a settings thing.

Sent from Amber via CB10.
    05-03-13 12:00 PM
    OK get the hub thing.

Now the question is:

Blaq as I understand can be set to 5 minute automatic tweet update.
    I'm almost sold.

Is it possible to get the same functionality from the stock twitter app?
    I am not going to tweet myself and will only follow one tweet.

Blaq may be overkill
    05-03-13 12:09 PM
31 12