Turning on diagnostics and usage might be a good idea at this time. Do you normally have this setting off? Normally I wouldn't consider enabling that option, but because this is such an extraordinary OS with many unknowns this may be very beneficial to all BB10 users in the long run.

It's on now BlackBerry.
    04-14-13 06:43 PM
    Turning on diagnostics and usage might be a good idea at this time. Do you normally have this setting off? Normally I wouldn't consider enabling that option, but because this is such an extraordinary OS with many unknowns this may be very beneficial to all BB10 users in the long run.

It's on now BlackBerry.
    It can waste data and battery as it runs in the background.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:44 PM
    Fair enough but for the time being I can live with that if it means a positive contribution to BlackBerry for overall improvement to BB10. That ultimately benefits everyone. Think of it as those crackberry nuts giving something back.
    04-14-13 06:49 PM
    Fair enough but for the time being I can live with that if it means a positive contribution to BlackBerry for overall improvement to BB10. That ultimately benefits everyone. Think of it as those crackberry nuts giving something back.
    They could just scour the forums here and get all the diagnostic feedback they need .

Posted via CB10
    kintarooe likes this.
    04-14-13 06:51 PM
    **** I've had mine on since day one, but I still get a day on my batt. So I'm doing a test to see if it gets better with it off.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:53 PM
    They could just scour the forums here and get all the diagnostic feedback they need .
    Posted via CB10
    Feedback on the forums can be misleading at times (putting it gently) and time consuming in terms of person hours. Diagnostic data coming back through usage can be mined efficiently and effectively, and most importantly it's verified.
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-14-13 06:55 PM
    Well need to know the details too. Like what processes were on during the crash and other system fundamentals.

I'm not sure what the battery implications are in the long run but it definitely helps the platform mature

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    blackburberry likes this.
    04-14-13 06:55 PM
    I agree with you if someone would like to solve an issue. But if someone has a Z10 that's they are perfectly satisfied with (like me), there's not much point, not really interested.
    tjseaman likes this.
    04-14-13 07:29 PM
    I agree with you if someone would like to solve an issue. But if someone has a Z10 that's they are perfectly satisfied with (like me), there's not much point, not really interested.
    Diagnostic information from a device that's working properly are just as valuable as the info of a device that isn't.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-14-13 08:22 PM
    Diagnostic information from a device that's working properly are just as valuable as the info of a device that isn't.

+1
    04-14-13 08:23 PM
    **** I've had mine on since day one, but I still get a day on my batt. So I'm doing a test to see if it gets better with it off.

Posted via CB10
    Thekidshop keep us posted if you get longer battery daily use!

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:30 PM

Thanks for this information. Didn't realize that and checked if mine was on.
    jesse_h likes this.
    04-14-13 08:30 PM
    Agree. I haven't had any major issues that I read about (fingers crossed) and the minor ones I figured out. So really have no need to waste battery and data.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 09:30 PM
    I would especially recommend it for us Verizon users, as we seem to be the group with the largest amount to issues. Mines been on for 2 weeks, no major battery life issues.
    04-15-13 05:35 AM
    I always had it on and turned it off when I saw a similar topic, I have noticed no difference in battery at all.

Can't track my data, but I imagine it'd be a 50kb file once a day or something.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:44 AM