You should have a wifi-calling app. You tap the app and all the options are there. If you are not on t-mo usa you will not have it. If you loaded a leak, more of an issue. But if you are on t-mo and have the lastest MR it should have loaded with the MR. As a last resort you can try loading the app from bberry world. But again, you must be on t-mo for it to work.
    Thanks, got it. I'm a DumBaa$
    10-17-13 07:39 PM
    The worst option on this Wi-fi calling app is the setting for wi-fi calling only... being that I have little to no reception at work I set this to Wi-fi only so as to save battery in constantly looking for a signal. When I went out to lunch I wanted to check my voicemail but the phone locked me out of making calls until I had a wi-fi connection....you would think that you could just go into the app and turn off the Wi-fi option but NOOO, it's greyed out until you get a wi-fi connection?!?....why even have that option if you end up getting locked out of your phone!??? Why can't it just default back to a cellular connection or at the very least let you manually turn it off? So stupid, and it's poorly built app as it tends to have it's moments of simply not working without a reboot of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:02 PM
    The worst option on this Wi-fi calling app is the setting for wi-fi calling only... being that I have little to no reception at work I set this to Wi-fi only so as to save battery in constantly looking for a signal. When I went out to lunch I wanted to check my voicemail but the phone locked me out of making calls until I had a wi-fi connection....you would think that you could just go into the app and turn off the Wi-fi option but NOOO, it's greyed out until you get a wi-fi connection?!?....why even have that option if you end up getting locked out of your phone!??? Why can't it just default back to a cellular connection or at the very least let you manually turn it off? So stupid, and it's poorly built app as it tends to have it's moments of simply not working without a reboot of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    OK, if you set the wifi-calling app for wifi-only, it will shut down your cell radios. When I get ready to leave my wifi environment I select one of the other modes (which turns the cell radios back on) and allows you to chose a preference of wifi-preferred or cell preferred. However, I am not having the issues you describe. Obviously if you are going to set it to wifi-only... well, that's what it's going to use. Only. While I do have to reactivate the cell radios if I want to use them, the app does not grey-out on my phone and I am always able to turn it on or off. And I have never had to reboot the phone to get it to work.

I was going to suggest that if you don't always remember to select a different mode to turn the cell radios back on, to leave it in wifi-preferred. (My procedure is to select another mode, then shut it off altogether. AND I can do this even if I am outside of wifi ranger). But, it sounds from what you're describing there may be something wrong with your app. So, did you get the app with the stock MR update from T-Mo? (release 4200). Or are you running a leak? I know those who have added wifi-calling (manually) or have got it pushed to them by loading a higher leak, or by adding it through BBerry world, have had issues.
    10-21-13 02:52 AM
    No, the last time I've used a leaked os was for my Peal and it wasn't really much of a leak but an official release that t-mobile never used. Anyhow I haven't used a leak since then... i don't know what an MR update is I downloaded whatever update t-mobile sent that included the Wi-fi calling... i had to call them up after the initial download cause I couldn't turn it on and it had no wi-fi options... after a battery pull it worked as it should... now from time to time I get an error message saying cannot find a wi-fi connection even though i'm fully connected. opening and closing the app has no affect except for a battery pull...
    and to answer your question, yes if fully locks me out until I establish a wi-fi signal and it does not even show an option to turn it off...

because of this I just use the preferred option when I need to. I chalk it up to this being yet another glitchy app from t-mobile that for the most part I barely use...i'm not going to lose sleep if it doesn't work as it should since I don't really depend on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 09:23 PM
    Well, if you cannot turn it off when there is no wifi reception there is something wrong with your app. Some people on the T-Mo forum experienced similar issues. Mostly the app was stuck ON with no options. One or two I read of solved their issue by installing the wifi-calling app from BBerry world which looks a little different. You might try that. I believe they uninstalled their current version first. But that solved their problems. The correct action is to reinstall the MR (maintenance release) but I'd try the app first. Also, I don't care what anyone tells you, IMHO pulling the battery on the Z10 is NOT good for it unless the phone is off.
    Kamika007z likes this.
    10-21-13 09:42 PM
    Well I'll try downloading it from the app store at some point but I really don't have a big need for it...and I only pull the battery when I have to, usually when something is not working properly as blackberry support has me do as part of their troubleshooting...

i know there are a bunch of other threads covering the subject of should you or shouldn't you but if your phone happens to freeze up and none of the buttons have no response, pulling the battery is your ONLY option.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:40 PM
    This WiFi calling on the Z10 was a disaster from the get go. Not only is is merely an attempt on t-mobile's part to shunt traffic off their cellular networks and onto my WiFi (which I pay for), but it didn't work properly for most users.

I ignored the notification about in August. I can't think of a place (in the US) where I have good WiFi service but poor or no cellular signal strength.

I got it when i updated the OS from BB world through BB Link while the phone was connected to my ThinkPad. That was about a month ago. I didn't ask for it nor was there any notice that it was "included".

Then one day at home, where cellular signal is good but WiFi is spotty, especially in my den, I couldn't make a call, because the WiFi connection failed?!?

I found the WiFi app and this thread, but like most others, mine only had an on/off and it was greyed out in "ON". So I was stuck; calls to TM and BB were no help. Dozens of power offs and battery pulls (with the phone off) didn't help. Deleting the app DOES NOT get it off your phone. The only "work around" was shutting off WiFi, which I didn't want to have to do constantly. Reloading the app only brought the same greyed out "On" setting.

But today, after I got an equally strange "Device is MEP Locked..." Notification - when I hadn't even tried entering a MEP code, I shut off the phone and was going to use my Wife's phone to call support. But when I powered up the phone (I did not remove the battery this time), there seemed to be no ill effects from the MEP notification (still not sure why that notification came and what it really meant), the WiFi calling app suddenly had all the options, including cellular preferred and the much wanted OFF button.

Needless to say, WiFi calling is now turned OFF on my Z10.

It is possible that BB and / or TM finally fixed whatever the issue was, but I have no idea what they dis or when, or how it got onto my phone.....
    Last edited by cadillacmike68; 12-08-13 at 08:17 PM.
    12-08-13 07:30 PM
    I'm also suffering from this problem and currently finding no way to fix it. Calling using Wifi often ends up with noises that I'm unable to hear the other side speaking. It also drops my calls if the Wifi is not so good.

I tried to pull off battery few times with no luck. I removed the app "Wifi Calling" but it's still there, and I also unable to download it again from Blackberry World.

Hope T-Mobile will push the 10.2.1 soon with the fix for this annoying.
    01-26-14 06:39 PM
    I'm also suffering from this problem and currently finding no way to fix it. Calling using Wifi often ends up with noises that I'm unable to hear the other side speaking. It also drops my calls if the Wifi is not so good.

I tried to pull off battery few times with no luck. I removed the app "Wifi Calling" but it's still there, and I also unable to download it again from Blackberry World.

Hope T-Mobile will push the 10.2.1 soon with the fix for this annoying.
    Mine is crystal clear. Are you getting lousy reception on all routers? If the wifi is not good, of course it will drop. That's to be expected. BTW, have you tried using it in "wifi-only" to see if you get a better connection?
    01-26-14 09:38 PM
    What is the app you need to turn off wifi calling & where do you download it from?
    12-14-17 04:12 PM
35 12