I thought I'd make a new thread about this since it has been working great for my self and many others. And my one week experiment is over.

My original thread was an experiment where I tried this for a week, and it definitely helped.

For whatever reasons when you turn off the gestures to unlock your phone when it's screen is turned off causes a saving in battery life. Some have reported that they don't observe any difference but several others including my self have noticed major improvements in battery life. Especially if you utilize a magnet pouch and your phone is kept on stand by for long periods.

Instructions:

Go to Settings
    Go to Display
    Where it says "Allow gestures when Locked" turn this to "Off".

This means that you can't slide up to unlock the device, instead you have to press the button, or use a magnetic case or pouch which turns your screen on for you anyway when removed.

Enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:04 AM
    So instead of making another thread, why didnt you just post in the first thread??.

LOL thought i was in the twilight zone when i saw this thread pop up
    04-28-13 11:09 AM
    So instead of making another thread, why didnt you just post in the first thread??.

LOL thought i was in the twilight zone when i saw this thread pop up
    Because that was more of a discussion thread that has too many posts for anyone new to even find it. Plus it was an experimental discussion where people posted their findings. I'm seeing a lot of posts discussing batteries dying quickly so I figured I'd make a clearer thread that is easier to find. You don't have to try this but no need to post in here. It just causes excess posts and makes it harder for a new person to read the original post and collect info from it.

I won't reply anymore, just try it its a great tip.

Again.

Settings
    Display
    Allow gestures when Locked - Set to Off

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:19 AM
    I saw this in another thread and it has worked great for me! My battery used to die really quick but now it's lasting a bit longer.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 11:36 AM