I recently moved from the iPhone to the Z10 and am loving it! But, there is one nagging issue (actually two, but that is a separate post) that I can't figure out. In the "Contacts" app, I go into the settings and turn off LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, only leaving my Work contacts as selected. But, when I go back to the app (out of settings), there are still contacts showing up from all three (LinkedIn, Twitter and FB). If I look in my Outlook contacts, these contacts do not exist (further proof to this point is found by looking at the actual contact on the Z10 - the data comes from LinkedIn as an example).

Question - is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!
    02-27-13 05:25 PM
    they are already linked up then? click on a contact and see if there is a link(2) on the bottom
    02-27-13 05:41 PM
    I just tested and when I go into the contact app, swipe from the top bezel and switch off linked in, the contact actually disappears from the contact app instantly. No need to restart the app or anything. Note that BlackBerry actually uses a technologie where it would try to automatically link all your contacts social accounts together (like Facebook, Twitter, linked in) of the same person into a unified contact.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 05:42 PM
    @makaveli86 - yes - the links are there (2 and 3 times). This stays the same even if I turn off the other options.

@bobshine - wow - that's exactly what I am trying to do and it doesn't work! Perhaps I will try and remove my Exchange account and add it back to the phone.
    02-27-13 06:18 PM
    what bob said. i took off my linkedin contacts since day one, but the ones that are actually on my gmail linked up nicely but with the occasional missing picture from their linkedin acc
    02-27-13 07:01 PM
    I just deleted the account and re-added it. It's now working as expected when I can turn on/off Facebook and LinkedIn. Thanks for the assistance!
    02-27-13 08:32 PM
    I just tested and when I go into the contact app, swipe from the top bezel and switch off linked in, the contact actually disappears from the contact app instantly. No need to restart the app or anything. Note that BlackBerry actually uses a technologie where it would try to automatically link all your contacts social accounts together (like Facebook, Twitter, linked in) of the same person into a unified contact.
    A bit late in the day but thanks much for this
    03-22-13 05:36 PM