Hi There.

I just found my long lost BB Z10 containing numerous pictures of my boy from when he was just around 0-2 years old.
    So the problem is of course that I have zero recollection of what the pass-code is, and having changed laptop since then, I don't have the old BB Desktop installed.

So the question is obviously, if or how I can salvage the images from my old device?
    04-27-20 05:28 AM
    Hi There.

I just found my long lost BB Z10 containing numerous pictures of my boy from when he was just around 0-2 years old.
    So the problem is of course that I have zero recollection of what the pass-code is, and having changed laptop since then, I don't have the old BB Desktop installed.

So the question is obviously, if or how I can salvage the images from my old device?
    If they're on the device, you'll need to remember that password. However, if they're on the SD card (if there's one present), and not encrypted then it shouldn't be hard to nab them.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-20 05:57 AM
    Had you been using Google backup of the old phone?
    If so the files might be on your Google account. Access from a pc.

From the SIM try reading the files on a pc using a card reader. (That way bypassing access thru the phone)
    05-04-20 02:27 PM
    Had you been using Google backup of the old phone?
    If so the files might be on your Google account. Access from a pc.

From the SIM try reading the files on a pc using a card reader. (That way bypassing access thru the phone)
    This is a Z10.
    05-04-20 02:49 PM
    There are three ways you can recover your photos:
    1) You saved them to the SD card, and did not encrypt it. Simply insert the card on another device. DONE
    2) You automatically backed up your photos to OneDrive, Box, or DropBox (all of which were options). Simply go to those sites and look for accounts you might have used. DONE.

3) If 1 or 2 don't work, you MUST remember your password for your device. The following are some best practices for recovering your password.

If your phone was enrolled in BlackBerry Protect, and you can access your Blackberry Protect account, you should first try to change the password remotely. You can try a total of EIGHT times, after which, you will not be able to change it remotely. But this gives you eight additional passwords to try!

If your phone was not enrolled in BlackBerry Protect, or you have used up your eight remote PW change attempts, you have 10 unlock attempts before your phone is wiped of all data. There is no known workaround for this.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR REMOTE PASSWORD CHANGE
    Go to https://protect.blackberry.com
    Log in using your Blackberry ID. If you don't have your ID and password, you can try any of the email accounts you may have used when you set up your phone. If you still have access to that account, you can reset your password to log in. If you don't know the email/pw combination, and do not have access to the email you used, you simply won't be able to log in.
    After logging in, you should be able to see your device (if it was enrolled). You will be able to see if your device was enrolled.
    Click on Lock Device, then check the "Change Current Device Password" box. You will be given the chance to enter your current password and a new password. THIS FEATURE WILL LOCK AFTER EIGHT UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPTS.

Before proceeding, MAKE A LIST OF 18 PASSWORD CANDIDATES. This is the best way to maximize the value of your limited attempts. Until recently, most people used a 4 digit passcode for their phone, so I would start with whatever usual codes you may have been using at the time. The default requirement for BB10 was 4+digits numeric, but it is possible to enable alphanumeric passwords. You will try the first 8 on this site, and the next 10 on your device.

When trying your candiates, toggle the "show password" option on, so that you can confirm each attempt, and cross it off your list if it doesn't work.

Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Trying to rescue Baby Pictures - BB Z10...-bb_protect_change_device_pw.jpg   Trying to rescue Baby Pictures - BB Z10...-bb_protect_device.jpg  
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 05-14-20 at 07:23 AM.
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-14-20 06:29 AM