Right, I've done it and after 23hrs still have 35%, but I don't use WiFi because I've got unlimited data plan and I'm not Facebook fan. Everything else as normal.

Posted via BB Z10
    04-10-13 02:48 PM
    WOW !!!

MY BATTERY LIFE CHANGED COMPLETLY!!! WOW WOW WOW..

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS, who would have known this little trick would help this much, its like my Bold 9900 again
    04-10-13 02:59 PM
    WOW !!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS, who would have known this little trick would help this much, its like my Bold 9900 again
    04-10-13 03:00 PM
    WOW !!!

Its quite a noticeable difference thanks for the feed back!

Posted via CB10
    abdalla889 likes this.
    04-10-13 03:37 PM
    il try this now......i hope it works for me....lol...
    04-10-13 03:42 PM
    I had a nice flip case, which made this tip superfluous. But I use the ProclipUSA car bracket, which is terrific (Crackberry should offer them for sale!) and the Z10 won't fit if its in a case, so I went to just a screen protector instead. So thanks for the suggestion!
    04-10-13 03:50 PM
    Worked great for me too. Yeah I had the gestures on and my battery died in 4 and a half hours after heavy use. Today its lasted me 7 hours after heavy use and I'm still at 44%. Sweeeet

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    04-10-13 03:52 PM
    Worked great for me too. Yeah I had the gestures on and my battery died in 4 and a half hours after heavy use. Today its lasted me 7 hours after heavy use and I'm still at 44%. Sweeeet

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    This is similar to the improvement I'm experiencing glad it worked for you!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 04:28 PM
    12 hours, moderate to heavy use, no recharging, 40% left. I used to barely make it through with 10-20% at end of 12 hour day. DEFINITELY increased my battery life.
    jrdba likes this.
    04-10-13 10:10 PM
    12 hours, moderate to heavy use, no recharging, 40% left. I used to barely make it through with 10-20% at end of 12 hour day. DEFINITELY increased my battery life.
    So far it's looking like a 20-30% saving over 8 hours for most people. Definitely a option to consider right.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:22 PM
    Got to be honest I didn't find this made any difference at all.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-10-13 11:50 PM
    Tried it, no noticeable increase with a full 24 hours, if that counts, but, I did not have any battery issues to start with. Thanks for posting, this is what makes a forum great.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-11-13 12:06 AM
    Tried it, no noticeable increase with a full 24 hours, if that counts, but, I did not have any battery issues to start with. Thanks for posting, this is what makes a forum great.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the feed back!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 12:15 AM
    Peter, may I ask you for your occupation and field of study in college? You seem like someone that I'd like as a mentor (I'm finishing up my third year as a computer engineering major). I've enjoyed all your posts and find them very informative. Crackberry is lucky to have you in the community.(:
    04-11-13 02:49 AM
    What makes a huge difference in battery life is if you are static most of the time or on the move (travelling). If you are travelling, even with Bluetooth and wifi off, this thing is using a lot of energy trying to connect. Suffice to see how warm the battery gets when travelling by car, or even worth a high speed train.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-11-13 03:45 AM
    Another update:

I left my phone in the Holster over night with this turned off and when I woke up it barely drained less than 4%. Last week it would drain fully over night and be very hot when I'd wake up.

I'm almost positive there may be something to this on some devices Including mine.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-11-13 09:04 AM
    Ever since I turned gestures off, to other people I look crazy trying to figure how to turn on the phone. Perhaps it takes a while to get used to...

Also for some reason I found turning off the password option made a small difference in battery life.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:08 AM
    Ever since I turned gestures off, to other people I look crazy trying to figure how to turn on the phone. Perhaps it takes a while to get used to...

Also for some reason I found turning off the password option made a small difference in battery life.

Posted via CB10
    If you use one of those holsters with a magnet in it as you pull the phone it turns on the screen then you can swipe up to unlock. So you really don't need the gestures on anyway if you are using a magnetic case.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Haha. A small boost in battery by turning off the password feature? Whatever you say dude because I personally doubt that.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    04-11-13 09:48 AM
    Haha. A small boost in battery by turning off the password feature? Whatever you say dude because I personally doubt that.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    It's not a small boost, and there is nothing to doubt. You either tried it and noticed a difference or didn't try it and noticed a difference. You did neither of those, you contributed nothing to the discussion.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and bbmnoob like this.
    04-11-13 09:57 AM
    It's not a small boost, and there is nothing to doubt. And it's not a password feature its a unlocking mechanism, two totally different things. You either tried it and noticed a difference or didn't try it and noticed a difference. You did neither of those, you contributed nothing to the discussion.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:07 AM
    As with previous BlackBerry models, the BEST thing you can do for your battery is to buy the original BlackBerry leather pouch or case. These include a couple of magnets placed in the perfect locations so as to put the device and screen in sleep mode no matter which way you insert the BlackBerry into the pouch. Some third party ones don't work as well with the device inserted in certain ways.

Blackberries are designed to sense the magnet and sleep. You can even setup calls to go off or on hook from and into the BlackBerry pouch/case. Works great.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:22 AM
    Guys -

I did this as well and the results were pretty spectacular... but consider this: I carry my Zed in my pocket, naked. In my pocket, screen facing my leg, the digitizer on the Zed is sufficiently sensitive enough to try to read the electrical signals from my leg as attempts to unlock the screen. For those of you using carry cases and screen protectors, you will realize far less benefit from disabling this feature.

Just thought everyone might like to know the reason why the benefits of doing this have pretty large deltas!

Root
    Mecca EL and jrdba like this.
    04-11-13 10:35 AM
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 10:50 AM
    Blackberries are designed to sense the magnet and sleep. You can even setup calls to go off or on hook from and into the BlackBerry pouch/case. Works great.
    In the context of the present discussion, the issue is whether lock screen gestures for waking up the phone use significant current. If they do, having sleep mode activated by a case magnet rather than a button isn't going to make a difference, unless the case also turns off lock screen gestures.
    04-11-13 11:38 AM
217 ... 45678 ...