I have a z10 stl100-2 that was bought in the us. My girl has a black z10 also stl 100-2. I recently backed up my white z10 to a file and loaded the backup to my girls black z10. I have always known her z10 to last 11+ hours when being used and mine would only last around 7. Now I've loaded my backup onto her z10 and using it, battery seem to be impressive like hers always was. Same apps, settings etc from my other phone now on her phone which I'm using and getting 12+ hours.

I think there is something about the region they were made to be sent to that's the key in differences as opposed to the model, as both are stl 100-2.

Color isn't a difference! is it? Lol

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 03:48 PM
    Two things:
    Your battery
    Your OS installation

Try reloading the OS on your Z10 and don't reload a backup. I bet you'll get amazing battery.

Or.. .buy a Z30, and get 25 hours of battery life (actually tested and true)
    04-21-15 03:52 PM
    You had to swap batteries only and test battery life. No wonder if one of them is in better health and holds better charge.
    04-21-15 04:16 PM
    To clarify. I'm using MY battery that was in my z10. Both phones have been fully reloaded with 10.3. Used my white z10 about 6 days with the same horrible battery life it had before I reloaded to software. Now using the black z10 with the battery that was in the white z10, with my backup file(apps,games,media etc.) for 5 days now and noticeable difference. 12+hours as opposed to the white z10 of 7+ hours

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 04:37 PM
    Z10 hardware quality is very inconsistent, unfortunately. Different users experience different battery life, different behavior in same OS releases, some units overheat, some just die for no apparent reason, etc.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-21-15 04:58 PM
    Hahah... 7+ hours "horrible" god it must suck to use an iphone!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 05:03 PM
    Hahah... 7+ hours "horrible" god it must suck to use an iphone!

Posted via CB10
    How bad is it on an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 05:43 PM
    I'm averaging 13 hours with today at 9 hours on my z30 I think something is wrong on my end...

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 348696
    04-21-15 05:44 PM
    How bad is it on an iPhone?
    It's not bad at all. iPhone 5s for example is much faster device with better battery life compared to Z10. Personal experience. The way I was using both devices was very similar and iPhone used to last at least 6h more. iOS is much more power efficient OS.
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-21-15 06:07 PM
    I have noticed a remarkable improvement in my Z10 battery life in the last week compared to the previous 2 years. Went from 6 hours to all day. I moved Gmail and outlook sync to 4 hours, left office 365 account to push. Turned off Facebook and Twitter sync. Not sure what the issue was.

Now the only nasty drain I experience is phone calls and that seems happen on about 1/2 of the calls, not all.

Telus, STL100-3

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 06:41 PM
    I get over 12 hours with mine and moderate use

Posted from my z10 via cb 10
    04-21-15 07:20 PM
    I have a z10 stl100-2 that was bought in the us. My girl has a black z10 also stl 100-2. I recently backed up my white z10 to a file and loaded the backup to my girls black z10. I have always known her z10 to last 11+ hours when being used and mine would only last around 7. Now I've loaded my backup onto her z10 and using it, battery seem to be impressive like hers always was. Same apps, settings etc from my other phone now on her phone which I'm using and getting 12+ hours.

I think there is something about the region they were made to be sent to that's the key in differences as opposed to the model, as both are stl 100-2.

Color isn't a difference! is it? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Your post could be well useful for the community here but it lacks necessary details.
    If you were able to do factory reset on both phones and then measure idle power drain over couple of nights that would make it much more credible.
    Otherwise we are based on your feelings which is not good enough.
    04-22-15 08:59 AM
    Z10 hardware quality is very inconsistent, unfortunately. Different users experience different battery life, different behavior in same OS releases, some units overheat, some just die for no apparent reason, etc.
    What data do you have to support this? If the Z10 was as inconsistent as you stated then it surely would not be the highest selling Blackberry to date.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-22-15 09:16 AM
    You're looking at it from the wrong side. You should say BlackBerry phones USERS quality is very inconsistent.
    It has nothing to do with the hardware.
    04-22-15 09:51 AM
    It's not bad at all. iPhone 5s for example is much faster device with better battery life compared to Z10. Personal experience. The way I was using both devices was very similar and iPhone used to last at least 6h more. iOS is much more power efficient OS.
    Less ppi AND a smaller screen will also do that.
    The 5s has much more power savings in the hardware itself as well.
    But regardless, the Z10 is unfortunately the worse battery life BlackBerry to date, though compared with the iPhone 5, which was it's original competitor, it is about the same: Terrible.

Faster is relative, though it's a much smoother experience on a 5s thanks to superior hardware, but there is no point comparing since they are completely different OS's. How do you decide which is 'faster'? Faster at what? Getting to my messages is much faster on BlackBerry. Seeing the smooth transition animation appears smoother on iPhone, but BlackBerry doesn't really have those. And when they do it is smooth and quick.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you don't actually use a BlackBerry or you just prefer ios since. Not that it matters.
    04-22-15 09:56 AM
    To clarify. I'm using MY battery that was in my z10. Both phones have been fully reloaded with 10.3. Used my white z10 about 6 days with the same horrible battery life it had before I reloaded to software. Now using the black z10 with the battery that was in the white z10, with my backup file(apps,games,media etc.) for 5 days now and noticeable difference. 12+hours as opposed to the white z10 of 7+ hours

Posted via CB10
    Have you done an os reload on the white one? No reloading a backup from BlackBerry link.
    I'll bet money you get a better battery life than you've ever had.
    04-22-15 09:58 AM
    It's simply because OP's device originally had a crapload of junk on it causing the battery drain
    Doing a restore from a clean device would fix that
    04-22-15 10:01 AM
    I'm noticing that a lot of you truly don't read

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 02:37 PM
    Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you don't actually use a BlackBerry or you just prefer ios since. Not that it matters.
    Still have Z10, keeps my second line alive, flashed about 100 times with different BB10 OS, leaks and official releases. Don't own any iOS devices anymore, don't like Apple's business practice to make everything incompatible. My current main device is Android.
    04-22-15 05:32 PM
    What data do you have to support this? If the Z10 was as inconsistent as you stated then it surely would not be the highest selling Blackberry to date.

I'm pretty sure it's only the "highest selling BlackBerry to date" because they mass produced millions upon millions of them and then sold them for way below cost. Hence the multi billion dollar write downs.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:22 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's only the "highest selling BlackBerry to date" because they mass produced millions upon millions of them and then sold them for way below cost. Hence the multi billion dollar write downs.
    Correct, the biggest BlackBerry failure to date.
    04-22-15 07:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's irregardless of the facts. If they dumped product it is not sell through. Discounting is just a selling tool.

04-23-15 11:08 AM
    That's irregardless of the facts. If they dumped product it is not sell through. Discounting is just a selling tool.

Technically you're right. But it's not like being the biggest seller makes it a success in any way.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 11:26 AM
    Technically you're right. But it's not like being the biggest seller makes it a success in any way.

Posted via CB10
    The original post was hardware failures not if it was a sales success. I do not dispute the popularity but it was/is their most successful BB10 phone.

04-23-15 12:30 PM
    The original post was hardware failures not if it was a sales success. I do not dispute the popularity but it was/is their most successful BB10 phone.

I guess in this case, "success" is open to interpretation.

I wouldn't personally consider it a success.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 12:57 PM
32 12