I'm hoping someone here may be able to help.

I purchased a rogers Z10 a few days ago and am unlocking it to work on telus.
    The unlock code i was supplied by a reputable unlocking company doesn't work.

The IMEI is correct, its definately a rogers phone. I emailed the company and they finally responded in the middle of the night saying the code is correct to that IMEI.

I enter the code in (8 digits) and it says it invalid. I tried it twice just in case I mistyped it. Same problem. I don't want to try anymore as I don't want to perma-lock my phone.

Any suggestions?
    02-09-13 09:06 AM
    I'm having this same problem. Have used 3 reputable unlockers as well and no luck. Called Rogers and am exchanging my unit. When the new one arrives, I'll be using BlackberryCodeSource, seems like they are having the most success when it comes to Rogers z10 codes.
    Last edited by dj_matty_s; 02-09-13 at 09:46 AM.
    02-09-13 09:16 AM
    OR you guys can wait until March when Rogers brings out there 90 days unlocking policy. This will let you unlock the phone after 90 days for $50. You will not lose warranty or anything this way.

Rogers will allow customers to unlock phones after 90 days, still costs $50 | MobileSyrup.com
    02-09-13 09:19 AM
    OR, I could just buy the telus phone and not have to worry about unlocking.
    Instead, I found the rogers one and am trying to unlock it so I can use it with telus now, rather than wait x days/weeks for a telus deal to come along.

OR you guys can wait until March when Rogers brings out there 90 days unlocking policy. This will let you unlock the phone after 90 days for $50. You will not lose warranty or anything this way.

Rogers will allow customers to unlock phones after 90 days, still costs $50 | MobileSyrup.com
    02-09-13 09:25 AM
    OR, I could just buy the telus phone and not have to worry about unlocking.
    Instead, I found the rogers one and am trying to unlock it so I can use it with telus now, rather than wait x days/weeks for a telus deal to come along.
    Its the same thing with Telus but you pay $35 lol. Also Telus locks down there phones like Rogers does.
    02-09-13 09:30 AM
    Its the same thing with Telus but you pay $35 lol. Also Telus locks down there phones like Rogers does.
    Yes I understand, but if I had a telus phone, I wouldn't need to unlock it
    02-09-13 09:41 AM
    You guys are using wrong unlock codes. The ones for the old blackberry phones will not work with BB10 phones. The algorithm is different, so even if you wrote down the right code from them, it will not work on BB10 phones. Try crackberry's unlocking site, which works with BB10 devices.
    02-09-13 09:49 AM
    P.s. I unlocked my phone just fine.
    02-09-13 09:49 AM

Even with the new policy coming into effect you will still need to pay off the flex tab, the phone amount still owing and that could be around 400.00 plus the 50.00 unlock fee.

Now if you bought the phone outright = around 460.00 plus tax then of course you can have it unlocked after the 90 day policy comes into effect instead of waiting the full 2-3yr contract.
    02-09-13 10:05 AM
    Even with the new policy coming into effect you will still need to pay off the flex tab, the phone amount still owing and that could be around 400.00 plus the 50.00 unlock fee.

Now if you bought the phone outright = around 460.00 plus tax then of course you can have it unlocked after the 90 day policy comes into effect instead of waiting the full 2-3yr contract.
    That is true but some reps ( rare ones) will unlock it for you even without paying the flex tab. This is rare & you need to get the right rep to do it lol.
    02-09-13 10:08 AM
    That is true but some reps ( rare ones) will unlock it for you even without paying the flex tab. This is rare & you need to get the right rep to do it lol.
    Oh tell me a rep that will cause i be right on it cause i know ppl right now that wants it unlocked asap, well they can use crackberry's service too.
    02-09-13 10:11 AM
    P.s. I unlocked my phone just fine.
    which service did you use to unlock your phone?
    02-09-13 10:13 AM
    My Telus phone came unlocked from day one. No need to use unlocking service. Is this just for the ones that are pre ordered? Or are the ones purchased in stores locked from Telus.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-09-13 10:22 AM
    My Telus phone came unlocked from day one. No need to use unlocking service. Is this just for the ones that are pre ordered? Or are the ones purchased in stores locked from Telus.

If you purchase a phone from telus on a upgrade or even if it is outright purchased from them or any provider it is Locked to that provider.

If you purchased a phone right from blackberry outright, it will be unlocked.
    legin111 likes this.
    02-09-13 10:25 AM
    Hate to be a troll but I can't resist!!

No one can void your warranty for unlocking your phone, that would be illegal.

They may be able to decline warrantying a peticular issue that is not a warrantable defect, but say if the phone bricked while you were unlocking, who in their right mind would go to get a replacement and say the phone bricked when I was unlocking it using a non carrier unlock code?
    02-09-13 10:39 AM
    If you purchase a phone from telus on a upgrade or even if it is outright purchased from them or any provider it is Locked to that provider.

If you purchased a phone right from blackberry outright, it will be unlocked.
    So obviously mine must have come from blackberry. Nice! I did however do it as an upgrade from Telus via the pre order on their website.

02-09-13 10:47 AM
    Are you sure it's unlocked though?

If it is, it would say:
    Network Unlocked
    Subset Unlocked
    Carrier Unlocked

If it only says the bottom two, it's locked to your network. It must say all three to be truly unlocked..
    02-09-13 10:49 AM
    I have used a previous unlock company, been around for years and yet despite 2 emails asking what they are doing, nothing came back. Went to crackberry unlock and yes paid 45 dollars but I am off to the states next month. And it's vetted by crackberry.com so I do feel comfy about that. Now what would be neat is that for every crackberry unlock team purchase they send you a micro sim adaptor, cos I needed to get one of them
    02-09-13 10:50 AM
    Yes...how did you do screen capture, sorry still learning the new OS

02-09-13 10:52 AM
    Volume up + down at the same time.
    02-09-13 10:53 AM
    When I go to settings, security, sim...network subset and provider say unlocked

02-09-13 10:55 AM
    Volume up + down at the same time.
    Thanks bro

02-09-13 10:57 AM

Well i just wonder if some pre-orders were unlocked phones, nice if that has happened to you.

Try another service providers sim into it like obviousl rogers not bells and see for 100% if its unlocked, but apparently it appears it is for you.

Man that is awesome if it is and right from a pre-order from the carrier.
    02-09-13 10:58 AM
    I'll check now. My buddy has bell

02-09-13 11:02 AM

Its a little confusing but that actually means its locked. Unlocked devices have another item in that menu that says Network Unlocked.

My locked Rogers z10 says the same as yours, I have another carriers sim card in it and can confirm it certainly isn't working lol.
    02-09-13 11:02 AM
41 12