So I'm wondering if anyone's faced this issue? It seems the ringer just stops working and I miss calls while the phone's in my pocket.

These may not be an accurate representation of the cause/symptoms, but I've seen this happen when:

1. I switch to Bluetooth
    2. I keep both Bluetooth and Wifi turned on
    3. Run an android app
    4. Stare at the phone

The last one's not true... but I find that restarting the phone usually fixes the issue and everything seems to run again (bluetooth, wifi turned on/off) - but I cant seem to pinpoint what triggers it to just go off.

I've done a software reload / factory reset thrice already.... but it doesnt seem to help....

Would someone know how I can fix this?

Thanks a million all.
    02-22-13 01:13 PM
    The volume key turns your ringer and all notifications off if it gets pressed down in your pocket.
    02-22-13 01:25 PM
    Happening here to, a quick internet search shows it is quite widespread and most likely linked to bluetooth. Leave bluetooth off, or not paired to anything and seems to solve the problem.
    02-22-13 01:29 PM
    Thats a good point... I thought that was the case... but cant seem to be certain.

Any indicator on the phone that shows that all volume is set to mute? And anyway I can turn it back on and know the ringer is back and active?

Sorry to sound like such a noob.. but my learning curve on the Z10 has been different from my other BB's
    02-22-13 01:29 PM
    Other have experienced the same thing i think. It seems like a known glitch that BB is working on. The "fix" is restart the phone
    02-22-13 01:30 PM
    I have the same problem. To my way of thinking if you have the device locked the volume switch should be turned off.
    02-22-13 01:30 PM
    Thats a good point... I thought that was the case... but cant seem to be certain.

Any indicator on the phone that shows that all volume is set to mute? And anyway I can turn it back on and know the ringer is back and active?

Sorry to sound like such a noob.. but my learning curve on the Z10 has been different from my other BB's
    If that is indeed the issue then yes when you swipe down from the top to see your quick settings menu Notifications will show Silent and touching the icon will change it back to Normal.
    02-22-13 01:34 PM
    I have the same problem. To my way of thinking if you have the device locked the volume switch should be turned off.
    Absolutely! Maybe still have it active if music is playing, but even then it shouldn't be able to change your notifications while locked.
    02-22-13 01:35 PM
    D Mac,

Checked it- my notification status shows 'Normal' (

I guess re-starting the phone is the only way to go. I'm a heavy Blue-tooth user and I tend to take the headset off at times...this is when I miss a few calls.

Looks like we'll have to wait for the fix from Blackberry.
    02-22-13 01:41 PM
    Its an issue with Bluetooth not disconnecting properly. Not sure the exact cause as I've had Bluetooth connected and disconnected without it affecting the notifications, but everytime the notifications have been affected, its been because of the Bluetooth being disconnected. Best answer I can give at the moment. Sadly, the only fix I have come across thus far is to restart the phone.
    02-22-13 02:00 PM
    I am having the same issue with the phone ringer.

I heard about the Bluetooth causing this from not disconnecting properly after the earphone is turned off.

I found this to sometimes happen after some of the software programs have been updated, or after a program has been installed and un-installed. The only fix I know at this time is a battery pull to do a total re-set. Resetting by holding the standby button for a number of seconds did not do the fix.

This loss of ring issue does not always happen. There can be many events of software management and usage of the Bluetooth earphone, and the phone will remain okay. Just be prepared to sometimes have to do a battery pull to do a full reset for this type of problem.

I also had an issue where the phone lost its capability to know its Blackberry account ID. When this happened the phone would not be allowed to its backup with the Link software, or also do a restore. Also, it was blocked from being able to download and install programs. The Blackberry Protect was also blocked from access.

The only fix I had for the losing track of its ID was to re-install the OS. This process can take over an hour to complete, and then the phone can be restored to its last saved data image using the Link sofware. The OS reinstall was suggested by Blackberry support when I called them about this issue.
    02-22-13 08:43 PM
    I have also experienced this 2-3 times. I can't prove it but think it has happened after leaving the Sync bluetooth in my Ford Edge. Possibly not disconnecting properly. My notifications will also show normal but all sounds (ringer, beeps, etc) are silent. Re-starting has been my only way to fix.
    02-22-13 09:46 PM
    Did anyone accidentally press and hold the middle media butting?
    02-22-13 09:54 PM
    This is consistent with what is happening with mine as well, just started a couple days ago. It affects all notifications (text, BBM, calls, email), no sound and no flashing LED. A restart resolves the issue. It doesn't happen everytime I disconnect from BT, but often enough to be maddening.
    02-24-13 11:44 AM
    I am having the same issue with the Z10, and it is quite frustrating although I love the BB Z10, this issue is a MAJOR problem for business people or any busy person who uses and relies on BT a lot. I missed over 5 important calls and a lot of email due because of this problem. My BT headset's battery died so I disconnected only to find out that the sounds have all gone silent or off (even LED notifications) even my sound profiled is set to NORMAL and I tested all notifications and sound is working fine except the phone doesn't notify me!

Restart sorts this out but really we shouldn't be doing that!
    02-26-13 09:15 AM
    I have had the same problem... Linked to bluetooth headset, disconnect and find that all notifications have gone silent irrespective that all alerts are set to "normal". I use the phone for business so obviously this is something that requires a patch pretty quickly... It doesn't happen all the time and a restart will remedy the issue but like others have pointed out, this is a fatal flaw for many users.
    02-26-13 09:24 AM
    I have also had a similar problem. My ringer was off and I missed calls as well, but going into "Hub Management" and "Settings" I found it had somehow turned off the notifications for calls. I clicked to turn it on and it worked fine. Then, the next day, I found the BBM had done the same thing. I only had to turn it on again and it continues to work. I just hope it doesn't repeat this again. PS: I am not using bluetooth at all.
    Last edited by bb-gene; 02-26-13 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Missed one part
    02-26-13 08:37 PM
    First post. Blutooth is disabling my ringer and notifications as well. I love the phone so far (day 4) but I am in and out of the car for work a dozen times a day, and absolutely rely on BT. Any word on a fix for this? I will need to go back (please god no) to the old 9800 if not.

technical support page from BB:

KB33694-No sound, vibration, or LED notifications occur for incoming phone calls or messages received on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    02-27-13 11:14 AM
    Well I can certainly say it is not related only to bluetooth.
    I never use bluetooth and the bug happens to me every day. The phone suddenly decides to go silent by itself.
    No notifications at all.
    The problem is the alarm does not work either.
    It happened to me one night. The phone went silent during the night and the alarm did not ring in the morning. Went really late to work (11.30 am instead of 9am). You can immagine how much pissed off I was. But after restarting the phone, as soon as it booted up, the alarm started to ring... That day I almost decided to just throw the phone and buy a Note 2...
    I didn't do it, but this bug is getting really annoying. I can't restart the phone 2-3 times a day.
    02-27-13 12:15 PM
    I have the same problem with the ringer going silent and also the alarm not ringing and I did not use the bluetooth.
    02-27-13 02:05 PM
    Since I disabled bluetooth two days ago, this has not happened on mine...
    02-27-13 02:07 PM
    Hi All, I am also experiencing this problem. I never use Bluetooth but as already mentioned, I too have traced this to the volume control buttons on the side. Once pressed, even if screen is locked, set the notifications to SILENT, a tad annoying.
    02-27-13 02:46 PM
    Since I disabled bluetooth two days ago, this has not happened on mine...
    Same. It happened 3 times immediately after using bluetooth, even while still connected to the device. Since turning it off, no reoccurance.
    02-27-13 02:51 PM
    Good news. The thread regarding the leaked OS update has users reporting the update has fixed the problem,

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...09/index7.html
    02-27-13 03:44 PM
    Abso freaking lutely ! No Bluetooth here and i cant figure out what's triggering the silent. the worst part is not only the alarm goes off , but the speaker too means i cannot make phone calls coz i cant hear anything but pple hear me , same if i receive. And no i have updated mine and it did not fix the problem !
    03-07-13 07:38 PM
36 12