Let start off by saying, I do like the Z10. However, the lack of any good/useful apps and the software update process has me using my Samsung once again.

1. I live in Singapore am on Singtel; but purchased the Z10 in Dubai. I have done this before without any issues. However, I noticed I was being unable to update the software from 10.0.9.2372

2. I went across to the Blackberry center yesterday and was told since I purchased the set overseas, they are unable to help. I find that really absurd considering this is supposed to be a "global" company with a "global" product. Anyhow, they gave me a service helpline email address to try and see if they can help.

3. I did send an email and heard by fairly promptly, asking me to back and the conduct a security wipe. I did that

4. Now when I switch on the phone I get a visual asking me to connect to the PC. I do that and it asks me to "Reload" the factory settings. Now, when I try and do just that, it gives me an error message stating " Cannot repair due of error (null)".

5. Now all i have left is a dead little mini brick, which refuses to turn on.

Am really frustrated with this crap. Has anyone else experienced this ? More importantly, do you know how to Fix this ?

PS: Does anyone have Thorsten Heins' email address ? I would like to send him a word or two.
    03-24-13 04:00 AM
    And somehow all of this is Blackberry's fault? A couple questions come to mind: Is the phone unlocked? Is Singtel an approved carrier?

Either way, I hope you get it sorted out soon.
    03-24-13 04:14 AM
    If it asks you to reload factory settings, can you deny doing that and just reload your backup?
    03-24-13 04:16 AM
    Hopefully those words would be : help me... But is guess it will be more like **** off ....

Cannot help you , i am waiting for my z10...
    Hopefully you get helped , cause i got the same with my old bold and this problem got fixed within an hour.

Let start off by saying, I do like the Z10. However, the lack of any good/useful apps and the software update process has me using my Samsung once again.

1. I live in Singapore am on Singtel; but purchased the Z10 in Dubai. I have done this before without any issues. However, I noticed I was being unable to update the software from 10.0.9.2372

2. I went across to the Blackberry center yesterday and was told since I purchased the set overseas, they are unable to help. I find that really absurd considering this is supposed to be a "global" company with a "global" product. Anyhow, they gave me a service helpline email address to try and see if they can help.

3. I did send an email and heard by fairly promptly, asking me to back and the conduct a security wipe. I did that

4. Now when I switch on the phone I get a visual asking me to connect to the PC. I do that and it asks me to "Reload" the factory settings. Now, when I try and do just that, it gives me an error message stating " Cannot repair due of error (null)".

Am really frustrated with this crap. Has anyone else experienced this ? More importantly, do you know how to Fix this ?

PS: Does anyone have Thorsten Heins' email address ? I would like to send him a word or two.
    03-24-13 04:16 AM
    Not saying it is entirely Blackberry's fault , but it should not be so complicated that even the Blackberry Service center can't figure it out. Yes, phone is unlocked and Singtel is an approved carrier.
    03-24-13 04:24 AM
    There are a couple of guys in Singapore promoting z10 whom you can get in touch with. They are dealers selling the product in singapore and from what I understand they have been really helpful. Contact xtramad on : ourberries dot sg
    lambrosio and NewBB10user like this.
    03-24-13 07:02 AM
    Before you bought your Z10, did you even know that because BB10 O/S is brand new, and the apps were going to take time to come on board. Since the launch, more adds have been added to BB World. It's "software". They are easier to come on board. As a piece of hardware, the phone is very well made. So do make the distinction of what made you buy a Blackberry device, in the first place. If apps are the more important over build quality and an amazing keyboard, then I think you will never be able to cross the mindset that you have an amazing device in your hands. Wait. Not anymore as you have reverted to your Samsung. (I did the opposite from you; I ditched my Samsung)

Suggest that you call up SingTel and tell Singtel you are using your SingTel microsim in the Z10 and yet can't receive the software update. If their technical helpdesk can assist. I am on M1. The software update came to me in the morning of the release. How wonderful was that

This isn't a good response. Silly the way the local Blackberry management is doing things. Or perhaps ill-trained customer service staff who put in his or her own 2 cents' worth. But perhaps it is true that the model sold in Singapore is different from the model that you have.

No answer to this. Hope the technies in our midst can assist you.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-24-13 07:19 AM
    I'll buy it from you, problem solved.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    NewBB10user likes this.
    03-24-13 07:20 AM
    A golden piece of advise which alwayz works. Do ur homework. Get a good idea of the specs, analyse if it suits ur needs. Ask ur self "Do I really need this device although it lacks Xyz". What if.......how will..........
    And most important of all avoid spontaneous purchases

Posted via CB+BB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-24-13 07:22 AM
    Being on Singtel,M1 or Starhub won't matter. What is your model number? Why didn't you confirm if the model is going to be supported in Singapore? Are you blaming BBRY for your fault? I am also a new BB user, Z10 is my first BBRY smartphone also I love Samsung. Bashing BBRY wont make you super cool!
    sonicwheeler likes this.
    03-24-13 08:31 AM
    This is the kind of response that is beginning to make me wonder whether BlackBerry is in fact doomed. One of the things that used to be a strong point was the helpfulness of users on these forums. With the Z10, the default position seems to be one of defensiveness.
    03-24-13 08:37 AM
    This is the kind of response that is beginning to make me wonder whether BlackBerry is in fact doomed. One of the things that used to be a strong point was the helpfulness of users on these forums. With the Z10, the default position seems to be one of defensiveness.
    This is one of those posts that is probably real. But could be another android fanboy coming here, making up balony.
    03-24-13 08:40 AM
    Wow, seriously. Helpful responses would be nice!! Blackberry users don't need help feeling alone with all the challenges of this new system. Let's help each other out, I'm in this for another solid two years with Verizon, like it or not. I want solutions not another's derisive comments. Dang it, I spent half my break on looking for help and having to sort through negativity. Poo. Work together people!! On a good note, the camera is awesome.
    Last edited by iwantmymtvvvvv; 04-14-13 at 12:08 PM. Reason: r
    04-12-13 12:16 PM
    not doing your homework on a device before you purchase it is not BlackBerry's fault. its yours. stop pointing fingers for your mistakes
    04-12-13 12:31 PM