...whenever my wife texts me pics of the kids I save them to the sd card (64gb Sandisk) and when I try to go back and view them I get an "Unable to Open" message.

My wife has an iPhone 5. This has never happened before. I even tried to have her email me the pics instead and save them that way but still get the message.

Anyone know what may be going on?
    04-20-13 01:50 PM
    Go to Settings then to >> Security and Privacy >> Application Permissions >> Then choose the application that you are using to open your pictures. Then turn on the Shared Files.
    But first you have to make sure that you SDCARD is mounted. Go to settings >> Storage and Access >> then look for your SDCARD if it is their, otherwise enable it.
    wnyjackson likes this.
    04-20-13 02:20 PM
    Thanks for the help but this didn't work for me because I'm using the phone to save and view the pics not any program. I went to the settings you recommended but could not find any program to grant permission to to view the pics.

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself properly
    04-20-13 06:22 PM
    I have had the same trouble with pics saved from an I phone. A solution is to save the photos on your computer in jpeg format and then sync them on link to your z10. It's a crazy work around but it works. The pictures will show in your z10 sync folder but they won't be in a readable format for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    wnyjackson likes this.
    04-20-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks for the workaround. Good to see I'm not alone, I thought I was doing something wrong lol! Hopefully OS 10.1 solves this too.
    04-20-13 09:36 PM
    Strange thing not every picture I get causes this problem. Have your wife what's app you the pics - that works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    wnyjackson likes this.
    04-20-13 10:06 PM
    ...whenever my wife texts me pics of the kids I save them to the sd card (64gb Sandisk) and when I try to go back and view them I get an "Unable to Open" message.

My wife has an iPhone 5. This has never happened before. I even tried to have her email me the pics instead and save them that way but still get the message.

Anyone know what may be going on?
    Ok, I noticed this yesterday and today when trying to save some pictures. 1 saved and worked 3 didn't. Just played with it and it saves fine if i don't rename it. If I rename it I must specify .jpg it doesn't automatically add this for you.

Check you card storage under what ever folder you are saving it to under file manager and see if you have a files there. I found my files there that were not specified as .jpg.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Wife also has an Iphone 4s that she is sending me the messages from and have it working.
    Last edited by luv4berrycrack; 04-20-13 at 10:48 PM. Reason: added additional information
    wnyjackson likes this.
    04-20-13 10:38 PM
    hmmmm, I have been renaming the files and not adding .jpg so maybe that is the problem. I'll try this out. Thanks for the suggestion.
    04-20-13 11:36 PM
    Just tried adding .jpg to all my pic files that are not opening. This solved the issue.
    04-20-13 11:38 PM
    Make sure your card has no errors. Take it out and put it into a PC and scan for and repair all bad sectors.

I hope BlackBerry eventually adds in a repair card option.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-21-13 12:13 AM
    Just tried adding .jpg to all my pic files that are not opening. This solved the issue.
    Sorry missed your post. Glad you got it straighten out.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-21-13 12:15 AM
    Glad it worked for you. Maybe BBRY can add a fix to automatically tag it as. Jpg for us. Our computers do it for us so I am not in the habit of adding it myself.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:47 AM