My homeboy purchased the s4 yesterday, I played with it a little. First off, the phone is extremely light, it feels like you're holding a plastic chassis, personally I like the heavier sturdier feel to my Z. It's very thin, but the design is meh, i dislike the back feel and the overall design of the back, the camera sticks out, not too pretty.
    Screen size is nice and big, it's pretty vibrant and the hd looks crisp, but the brightness level is pretty low, in the sunlight it suffers, the colors look kind of fake, honestly I think the lcd on my Z looks better, colors are sharper and more accurate, amoled can't beat an lcd especially not in sunlight.
    It's very zippy, though I didn't do any extensive play with it. There were so many damn options in settings though like wtf do you need all these freakin choices for?? A bunch of useless gimmicks, the bloatware was unbelievable. Air view is one of the gimmicks that didn't really work. My friend tried doing split screen multitasking but it didn't work in fact he didn't even know how to do it.
    It's funny how they say the Z10 constitutes a "Learning Curve" I wanna see the average consumer learn that damn puzzle box of a phone. No tutorial. A Lot of features but again, mostly useless gimmicks. Bloatware was unbelievable. Camera was pretty good however, though it is 13 mp it better be good!
    All in all its by no means a bad phone, I'd be lying if I said that. After trying it out I appreciated my Z more believe it or not, wouldn't trade this lcd at all even for that full hd amoled. I absolutely missed the gestures, and it's simplicity compared to the useless feature packed s4. I also missed the weight lol it feels or sturdy and like I'm actually holding something, and of course I missed the Z's design the s4 does not compare at all.
    Well just wanted to share my thoughts on the s4, don't come at me with the fan boy crap either cause like I said, the s4 is a very good phone, but I prefer the Z much more over it, i just missed a lot of the Z's features and functionality, especially the active frames!

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-15-13 05:45 PM
    My homeboy purchased the s4 yesterday, I played with it a little. First off, the phone is extremely light, it feels like you're holding a plastic chassis, personally I like the heavier sturdier feel to my Z. It's very thin, but the design is meh, i dislike the back feel and the overall design of the back, the camera sticks out, not too pretty.
    Screen size is nice and big, it's pretty vibrant and the hd looks crisp, but the brightness level is pretty low, in the sunlight it suffers, the colors look kind of fake, honestly I think the lcd on my Z looks better, colors are sharper and more accurate, amoled can't beat an lcd especially not in sunlight.
    It's very zippy, though I didn't do any extensive play with it. There were so many damn options in settings though like wtf do you need all these freakin choices for?? A bunch of useless gimmicks, the bloatware was unbelievable. Air view is one of the gimmicks that didn't really work. My friend tried doing split screen multitasking but it didn't work in fact he didn't even know how to do it.
    It's funny how they say the Z10 constitutes a "Learning Curve" I wanna see the average consumer learn that damn puzzle box of a phone. No tutorial. A Lot of features but again, mostly useless gimmicks. Bloatware was unbelievable. Camera was pretty good however, though it is 13 mp it better be good!
    All in all its by no means a bad phone, I'd be lying if I said that. After trying it out I appreciated my Z more believe it or not, wouldn't trade this lcd at all even for that full hd amoled. I absolutely missed the gestures, and it's simplicity compared to the useless feature packed s4. I also missed the weight lol it feels sturdy and like I'm actually holding something, and of course I missed the Z's design the s4 does not compare at all.
    Well just wanted to share my thoughts on the s4, don't come at me with the fan boy crap either cause like I said, the s4 is a very good phone, but I prefer the Z much more over it, i just missed a lot of the Z's features and functionality, especially the active frames!

Z10? Why yes it is.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    BerryWorshiper likes this.
    05-15-13 05:46 PM
    The S4 is a nice piece of hardware but the back is extremely lacking in aesthetic or ergonomic appeal.

The customization, if you ever have the time to dive into an Android phone, is pretty nice and useful. However, lag, malware, bloatware, and the dated skin that Samsung uses makes the S4 a questionable choice.

I'd take my Z10 any day over an S4 though
    jyuan likes this.
    05-15-13 05:55 PM
    Definitely not for me

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 05:57 PM
    The metal look trim on the S3 and S4 chips very easily the paint is already coming off the 2 I know that friends have.
    05-15-13 06:10 PM
    The S4 is a nice piece of hardware but the back is extremely lacking in aesthetic or ergonomic appeal.

The customization, if you ever have the time to dive into an Android phone, is pretty nice and useful. However, lag, malware, bloatware, and the dated skin that Samsung uses makes the S4 a questionable choice.

Exactly bro, very nice hardware, but the back is just so ugly. The lightness of the phone I also didn't like, it's just too light, it feels like it's gonna fly away lol. Z10 all day errrryday lol.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    codeslinga likes this.
    05-15-13 06:12 PM

s
    Was wondering about the malware problem. Read some stuff about Android being really susceptible to these intrusions.
    05-15-13 06:15 PM
    Every Android device I've picked up seems way too disjointed to me. Things are all over the place.

I like the simplicity of the BB10 UI and the consistency of Cascades when used in applications. What I don't like is the very limited set of functions BB10 offers. Why can't I create a photo album on the phone? Why can't I share a photo to Flickr or Photobucket and get links to email or post online?

The Z10 is great when you're not constantly hitting walls.
    05-15-13 06:35 PM
    S3 I had would freeze up even after two os reinstall, but when it worked it was ok phone, but cheaply made and looking.

Z10 way better that's why I bought a z10 and sold the s3.

Now as for s4 it's like the s3 cheap and I bet freezes a lot, yeah not in beginning but u watch 2-3 months from now.

Oh a lot of s3's were dying after 3-6 months of use, yep look it up if not believe me, garbage and s4 will be same too.

Posted via CB10
    jyuan and ioansuhov like this.
    05-15-13 06:35 PM
    I don't like the size of the screen to be honest. The Z10 feels perfect.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 06:37 PM

Yeah i agree Android has alot of customization which is cool and you can make your phone your own in a way, but it does get boring after a while (especially with all the lag, malware and bloatware...) It's unbelievable that such 'powerful' hardware could give soo much lag... like the Note 2 for instance. I have a Note and it lags like crazy i just don't bother with any customization...

I Love my Z10, i was very happy with my 9900...stock, no fancy themes, it did what it did best and was reliable. Same with my Zed, it looks great, great apps coming to it and I couldn't be happier! I do not miss back keys, home keys or any menu keys anymore! Gestures are the way to go...simple
    05-15-13 06:49 PM
    Besides all the esthetics, etc., comparing these devices, I want a phone that is secure and not vulnerable to malware, which I have always assumed that BlackBerry was. Now, if I am misinformed on this, I'd like to know. Sorry, OP don't mean to highjack your thread. Just another feature to consider v. the S4?? Thank you!
    05-15-13 06:51 PM
    Besides all the esthetics, etc., comparing these devices, I want a phone that is secure and not vulnerable to malware, which I have always assumed that BlackBerry was. Now, if I am misinformed on this, I'd like to know. Sorry, OP don't mean to highjack your thread. Just another feature to consider v. the S4?? Thank you!
    Lol no problem bro, seeing as we are both floridians
    BlackBerry has safer apps, android is just too open. Though every platform can have its share of malicious apps, so no platform is completely immune.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-15-13 07:06 PM
    I believe it all depends on what you want for your phone. Although I agree it doesn't look that pretty, it will still be a beaut to some. For people already using/loving the S3, they are probably accustomed to the many options available in their phone. For someone coming from BB10 with limited functionality beyond the smartphones of a few years back, it may seem like an astronomical jump - thus the confusion. They are on one end of the extreme, to say the least, but for some, it's better to have more and not use it, than searching forums, leaks and side-loading to get functionality that your phone manufacturer didn't give you in the first place.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    05-15-13 07:08 PM
    Lol no problem bro, seeing as we are both floridians
    BlackBerry has safer apps, android is just too open. Though every platform can have its share of malicious apps, so no platform is completely immune.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    Okay, thanks for that! I mean, like BlackBerry has been and is the safer of the two!!
    05-15-13 07:10 PM
    I had a chance to test drive the GS4 as well & didn't love it... But it's already sold 6m devices so what do I know.
    05-15-13 07:15 PM
    I had a chance to test drive the GS4 as well & didn't love it... But it's already sold 6m devices so what do I know.
    Isn't it something else? My sister-in-law got one...love her, but i was a bit surprised after having a BlackBerry. Sometimes you just can't compete.
    05-15-13 07:20 PM
    I believe it all depends on what you want for your phone. Although I agree it doesn't look that pretty, it will still be a beaut to some. For people already using/loving the S3, they are probably accustomed to the many options available in their phone. For someone coming from BB10 with limited functionality beyond the smartphones of a few years back, it may seem like an astronomical jump - thus the confusion. They are on one end of the extreme, to say the least, but for some, it's better to have more and not use it, than searching forums, leaks and side-loading to get functionality that your phone manufacturer didn't give you in the first place.
    No no, this phone has so much crap loaded into it that's useless. The users themselves don't even know how to use all those pointless features or just won't use them, ive used android, i have a nexus 7 I've rooted it, downloaded torrents on it, getting apps for free. So I can handle features and customization, but this phone is just loaded with useless crap, unnecessary if you will. I like the simplicity of the Z10 I don't feel like I need "Air View" or all this other crap and bloatware loaded on the s4. We can side load apps to get things we don't have yet and download leaks to get future updates that aren't out yet. Even android users who review the Z10 say it has a learning curve and that it may be too complicated for new adopters lmao that's just simply false! let's see a new user use the s4 and see how lost he gets. The Z10 has way better functionality in my opinion, without useless features.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-15-13 07:21 PM
    Exactly.

How folks on this forum call another platform confusing is quite hilarious when you think about it.

Perspective is everything.
    MERCDROID, cckgz4, Drew808 and 7 others like this.
    05-15-13 07:24 PM
    Again I'm not saying it's confusing im saying it's a muddled mess, big difference.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    sf49ers and mnc76 like this.
    05-15-13 07:26 PM
    It's funny how CNET and other review sites call the Z10 complicated lmao, it's so simple, so YOU guys are the funny ones.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-15-13 07:27 PM
    You are right. My son has the S3 and loves it. He introduced me to Blackberry, then went to the IPhone and now he's with the S3. I'm just glad that we agree on our data consumption!
    05-15-13 07:36 PM
    It's funny how CNET and other review sites call the Z10 complicated lmao, it's so simple, so YOU guys are the funny ones.

Z10? Why yes it is.

Z10 is a work of art in my opinion. The ecosystem (which truly makes a device usable IMO) is what is insane.

I'm not a fan of the S4, but I can see how people like it. It does more. It does things that people want it to do without too much stress. People are comfortable with Touchwhiz. It has the best ecosystem/accessories outside the iPhone.

Tough to pick the Z10 over it if you're Average Joe.
    05-15-13 07:37 PM
    . The users themselves don't even know how to use all those pointless features or just won't use them
    Android users used to say the SAME stuff about iOS way back when. Seriously. When you don't have, it's especially easy to tell others they don't need stuff too.
    05-15-13 07:39 PM
    One of the problems in the Android world (some would say its a good thing) is that each company puts their own overlay on the Android software. I like the Nexus (pure Android), I am great with the Motorola overlay, but I really don't like the Samsung Android software. Definitely a learning curve and IMO, Not intuitive.
    05-15-13 07:41 PM
119 123 ...