Hello,
    Based on some user reviews on my last post, I finally decided Ill jump on Z10. I just ordered it for around $230 including shipping cost. Its the STL 100-1 version, in black, and many people had issues with this model, but ill just give it a try because of lack of options here. Other options were Moto G (toyish) and Xperia SP (boring UI).

So how do i back up my stuff from this Android phone? Contacts, call log, messages, whatsapp messages. Any recommended application that will work on both Android and BB10 for creating backup and then retrieving it smoothly?

Thanks!

(Waiting for my Z10 now, should arrive tomorrow if Im lucky, or on Monday.)
    08-22-14 03:26 AM
    As I see noone is answering, I will try to.
    First, regarding contacts, I guess you're having them synchronized with Google account, right? If you do, then you will have them on Z10 in blink of an eye, as soon as you add Gmail account on Z10. Upon adding, you will have option to choose contacts/calendar/email to synchronize.
    Regarding Whatsapp messages, do the backup on your Android device, and then transfer this file(s) manually anywhere on your comp. After you get your Z10, install Whatsapp, and then manually transfer the previous backup files from your comp to your Z10, and then move them into Whatsapp backup folder with Z10 file manager. I'm not guaranteeing it will work, but you should try.
    Regarding call log and SMS, I can only suggest you to try to use the same backup app you used on your Android, since many Android apps are working perfectly on BB10. Do the backup, install the same .apk file on your Z10, and try to restore backup. But I'm not sure this will work, as I'm not sure how good an Android app will recognize Z10 call log and SMS processes.

Maybe somebody else will show up with better suggestion, but right now I'm not aware of any backup app that is existing in both stores, Google Play and Blackberry World (being native BB10 app).
    TheB123 likes this.
    08-22-14 04:34 AM
    As I see noone is answering, I will try to.
    First, regarding contacts, I guess you're having them synchronized with Google account, right? If you do, then you will have them on Z10 in blink of an eye, as soon as you add Gmail account on Z10. Upon adding, you will have option to choose contacts/calendar/email to synchronize.
    Regarding Whatsapp messages, do the backup on your Android device, and then transfer this file(s) manually anywhere on your comp. After you get your Z10, install Whatsapp, and then manually transfer the previous backup files from your comp to your Z10, and then move them into Whatsapp backup folder with Z10 file manager. I'm not guaranteeing it will work, but you should try.
    Regarding call log and SMS, I can only suggest you to try to use the same backup app you used on your Android, since many Android apps are working perfectly on BB10. Do the backup, install the same .apk file on your Z10, and try to restore backup. But I'm not sure this will work, as I'm not sure how good an Android app will recognize Z10 call log and SMS processes.

Maybe somebody else will show up with better suggestion, but right now I'm not aware of any backup app that is existing in both stores, Google Play and Blackberry World (being native BB10 app).
    I feel dumb not having back up of contacts on Google, nor do i know how to create them. But I have backup of everything through an application called "Easy Backup" and it creates vcf files.

Well, ill try this method, if it does not work then Ill go for Google option.
    08-22-14 06:59 AM
    $230 USD?

Encrypted on my Z10
    08-22-14 12:44 PM
    $230 USD?

Encrypted on my Z10
    Actually 23000 PKR. So that convert to 230 USD.
    08-22-14 01:09 PM
    If you have vcf files, it's easy. Just transfer them to your Z10 and open file manager to import.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-22-14 01:35 PM