Hey folks I found an almost brand new z10 white for next to nothing. Had shattered my screen.

Now my question is is it a huge process to transfer apps etc from one to get other phone. Anyone that's done this id love some feedback or tips. Such as do I do a full transfer of apps etc. I'm abit confused. Thx

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 11:39 AM
    You can do this with BlackBerry's Device Switch app:
    Device Switch - Welcome - United States
    09-17-16 12:46 PM
    Yes I understand this but like a full transfer or contacts and media or apps separate etc. I'm sure I have a bunch of crap on my older z10 and just want the newer one to be fresh with the least amount of crap on it as possible. If this makes any sense. Also I have like double and triple contacts on my z10. I'm guessing that this will be the same on my contacts transfer over to my newer device?

Cheers
    09-17-16 01:01 PM
    You should be able to do a full backup and restore with BlackBerry Link.
    You can also use a PC or Mac to copy folder contents from one Z10 to the other.

Now would be a good time to go through your old contacts (do a backup first) and get rid of the duplicates, etc.

You should also be able to re-download fresh copies of your apps onto your new Z10 with BlackBerry World, etc.
    09-17-16 03:24 PM
    So what do you suggest don't save and re download the applications? Just save and transfer my contacts? When I save contacts does this save the text messages etc too?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 07:39 PM
    As I replied to your other post, have a look at the Ultimate Backup app in BlackBerry World.

You'd have a fresher installation if you re-installed your apps, rather than doing a full restore from your old backup. Your existing apps should show up on your new Z10 in your BlackBerry World app under My World.
    09-17-16 10:27 PM