Hi, I've bought a second hand Q5 as I was missing a keyboard. Is there an easy way of transferring contacts from the Z10? Looking through posts, there seems to be talk of needing Apps, which seems crazy. Am I missing something? Many thanks.
    05-29-14 12:21 PM
    Best way is to have your contacts associated with a cloud account (email) and thus they are always available to sync with what ever device you are using.

LINK should be able to do it - results have varied. Try the Switch Devices Option in LINK.

There are several Contact Backup apps - and that might be your easiest choice.

Not sure of the storage capacity - but you can save contacts to your SIM Card....
    05-29-14 12:27 PM
    Email is the best way

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 12:31 PM
    Thanks, I will have another look in Link, cant understand why its not obvious RIM!
    05-29-14 12:32 PM
    Email is the best way

Posted via CB10
    Could you please expand?
    05-29-14 12:34 PM
    Email account like outlook.com - save your contacts there and it syncs with the device...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 12:38 PM
    Email account like outlook.com - save your contacts there and it syncs with the device...

Posted via CB10
    OK, thanks.

So I have two bluetooth enabled devices, running the same OS, and which also are both known to Link, and there is no easy BB designed way of transferring contacts? Seriously?
    05-29-14 12:45 PM
    Having contacts on devices is an old fashioned way.

The new fashion is to store your contacts on your email account and sync it.

I sympathise with you - its a new baffling concept. But it works. Works! It's the future. All our contacts will be stored on the master file (e.g email account) and all our devices will sync from that. So if I make a change on one device, it updates the master file and the contacts should in theory be updated on the other device.

BlackBerry contacts is a bit messy as it's too easy to store contacts locally rather than on the email.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 12:49 PM
    OK, thanks.

So I have two bluetooth enabled devices, running the same OS, and which also are both known to Link, and there is no easy BB designed way of transferring contacts? Seriously?
    Yeah.

Go to Contacts app.

1) Select and hold on a contact
    2) the overflow menu should pop up
    3) tap an select more
    4) tap on all the contacts you wanna transfer
    5) on the overflow menu, tap on share
    6) choose bluetooth
    7) turn your bluetooth on the other phone
    8) voila

Or if you had decided to do the most efficient way by storing your contacts in your email address. All you have to do:

1) turn on new phone
    2) add your email account
    3) you're done.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 12:58 PM
    Yeah.

Go to Contacts app.

1) Select and hold on a contact
    2) the overflow menu should pop up
    3) tap an select more
    4) tap on all the contacts you wanna transfer
    5) on the overflow menu, tap on share
    6) choose bluetooth
    7) turn your bluetooth on the other phone
    8) voila

Or if you had decided to do the most efficient way by storing your contacts in your email address. All you have to do:

1) turn on new phone
    2) add your email account
    3) you're done.

Posted via CB10
    Damn it man, you've got me so excited I've dropped my shiny new Q5 in my Thai curry. It was so cute in red as well...

Will give both methods a try, many thanks people
    FF22 likes this.
    05-29-14 01:06 PM
    Hi, I've bought a second hand Q5 as I was missing a keyboard. Is there an easy way of transferring contacts from the Z10? Looking through posts, there seems to be talk of needing Apps, which seems crazy. Am I missing something? Many thanks.
    Get the app "Backup Pro" from BB World:

Backup Pro - BlackBerry World

Read the app feedback. Remember to post your own too.
    06-07-14 02:11 PM
    I'm using a Q5 Q10 and Z10 and i linked them using my Gmail account. Choose to save your contacts to your email and add those email accounts to your new Q5. In the future, when you add contacts, add to your device, sim card and email account contacts list and that way, all phones linked through that account will be synchronised. Works for your calendar too.

Posted via Crack-friggin-berry Z10/Q5
    06-08-14 02:56 AM