Ahhhh, the dreaded switching contacts thread! Never thought I would be here, but would love some help.
    Just got my Z30 and am making the switch. Backed up my Z10 using BlackBerry Link, when entering my BlackBerry ID into my new Z30, I received an error saying "that BlackBerry ID is already in use? " ....yeah by me! I then just hit the "skip" option and then clicked the 4 appropriate boxes to transfer my "Videos, pictures, music, and files" I believe. Didn't notice anything for transferring the contacts though. Transfered all my pictures, videos, music and files just fine, but no contacts. (obviously). Everything seemed complete but no contacts.
    Threw in my Sim and SD card and only had 26 of my 150+ contacts.
    How do I go back and transfer all of the rest? Did I skip this by not entering my BlackBerry ID and hitting "skip". Also why is it telling me that ID is already in use? Do I need to delete it off my Z10 somehow first? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:09 AM
    Well, sim contacts should still be on your sim. SD card won't have any contacts.

Did you sync your contacts to an email account?
    08-30-14 12:52 AM
    Doesn't Link have a swap device button?
    (Just curious)

Did you try logging out of your bbid?
    BBID section of device settings.

You can move some contact data to the sim from the Contacts application:
    > open contacts app
    > swipe down from the top and press the settings gear icon.
    > Once in the settings menu scroll to the very bottom
    > hit "Copy contacts from device to SIM".
    ( this info was found in the help application )

I also found this link that has a few demos you can check out:
    http://us.blackberry.com/support/tra...tml#blackberry

Which eventually links to an app by Media Mushroom:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27535024
    (unless you want to use link)
    Last edited by QXS; 08-30-14 at 01:23 AM.
    08-30-14 12:55 AM
    As per your contacts issue, have you tried ContactsImEx in BlackBerry World? You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/37102894

It is dead simple to do an import and export on either device. It would just be a matter of moving the exported file to your new device (e.g. Via SD card).

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:59 AM
    "Switch device" in Link won't work if the target phone is an older OS version than the source.* Dealing with this myself at the moment trying to migrate my Z10 to Z30. Lots of talk here in the forums about it but haven't nailed down my personal solution just yet.

In that scenario, Link will transfer your application data and media (local media, not SD card obviously), but not the local contacts and calendar settings. Same if you try to do a backup/restore instead of direct swap between devices.

Richard

*edited to clarify and correct my earlier statement that they must be same OS. Not true. Target phone can't be older OS.
    Last edited by RichardHBB; 08-30-14 at 02:02 PM.
    08-30-14 10:34 AM
    Easy way:

It's free now, just install it. Use it to backup all contact to your SD card. Insert SD card to Z30, install this software again, back import to Z30. Done!
    P/s: i cant post link now, i'm a new member, u need search " contacts pro" on BB World.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:49 AM
    "Switch device" in Link won't work unless both devices are on the same OS version. Dealing with this myself at the moment trying to migrate my Z10 to Z30. Lots of talk here in the forums about it but haven't nailed down my personal solution just yet.

With differing version numbers, Link will transfer your application data and media (local media, not SD card obviously), but not the local contacts and calendar settings. Same exact scenario if you try to do a backup/restore instead of direct swap between devices.

Richard
    Yeah its been annoying. Tried to import them from the Sim but only added a few contacts. My problem is now that I entered the wrong BBID and now I can't change it.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 11:31 AM
    I don't know enough about BB ID to help you with the issue of entering the wrong one, but I was able to easily move all my data from my old Z10 to my new Z30 - app data, local (non-SIM) contacts, calendar, everything - even though I had differing OS versions on the phones. I did the very simple editing of Manifest.xml in the backup file to change the OS version. It's detailed in numerous posts in the forums, but I also detailed it here -> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10779532

Richard
    08-30-14 11:44 AM
    Can't or couldn't you use the Switch Device Wizard? Also, there's Backup Pro by Firechest which can back up Contacts, Calendar and other stuff to either the clould or to the sd-card. Then use it to restore to new phone. Obviously, use the same bbid to purchase on old device and re-download on the new one.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    08-30-14 01:56 PM
    I edited my original post as I discovered as long as the target phone isn't an older OS than the source, you're OK. I was able to do my other restore without issue since my g/f's Z10 was on an older OS than the Z30 I was restoring to. Went without a hitch. So where I was quoted above ^^ is somewhat incorrect; my original post has the right info now.

Richard
    08-30-14 02:03 PM