Spent the day downloading, backing up, installing, reloading, etc...so, my apologies if the answer was easy to find in the forums.

Is there any way to transfer only bookmarks from my 9800 to my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:49 PM
    Spent the day downloading, backing up, installing, reloading, etc...so, my apologies if the answer was easy to find in the forums.

Testing a solution for you and will reply when verified.
    05-25-13 02:53 AM

Testing a solution for you and will reply when verified.
    To transfer only the bookmarks from a legacy BlackBerry OS device to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, follow these steps:

1. Use BlackBerry Desktop Manager 7.1 to perform a "Custom" backup, only backing up the "Browser Bookmarks" data type.
    - Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    - Connect your legacy BlackBerry OS device (i.e. your BlackBerry 9800). Enter your device password if prompted.
    - Wait for BlackBerry Desktop Manager to be ready to manage your device.
    - Open the "Device" menu and select the "Back up..." menu option.
    - In "Back Up Options," select "Custom" under "Backup type" and place a checkmark next to the "Browser Bookmarks" data type only.
    - Note down the file name and file location and press "Back up."
    - Wait for the backup to complete and verify that a .bbb file appears in the file location.
    - Close BlackBerry Desktop Manager and disconnect your legacy BlackBerry OS device.

2. Use BlackBerry Link 1.1 to Restore the Legacy backup with Bookmarks created in the previous step.
    - Open BlackBerry Link and connect your BlackBerry 10 device. Enter your device password if prompted (you may need to click "Unlock" in the device tab bar at the bottom).
    - Wait for BlackBerry Link to be ready to manage your device. When your device is ready, the circle next to your device's name will no longer spin.
    - Click on the "gear" icon in the top-right to access the Settings tab instead of the Media tab.
    - Click "Restore Device Data" on the right side below the large Settings label.
    - Click on the Folder icon in the window that has now appeared and browse to the same file location as used in step 1 (above). Then, click "OK."
    - Locate the section labeled "Legacy Device Backup Files" and expand it using the ">" icon to the left of the "Legacy Device Backup Files" label.
    - Locate the Bookmarks Only backup you created in step 1 and select it.
    - Place a checkmark next to "Browser Bookmarks" line only.
    - You will be warned that your existing data will be replaced. (Browser Bookmarks already present on your BlackBerry 10 device will be deleted).
    - Click the "Restore" button at the bottom.
    - Wait for the Restore operation to complete.
    - Close BlackBerry Link and disconnect your BlackBerry 10 device.

3. Complete this operation by rebooting your BlackBerry 10 device.
    - Press and hold the power button on your BlackBerry 10 device and tap the "Restart" button.
    - After the device starts up again, open the Browser app.
    - Your restored Bookmarks will appear under Bookmarks.

This has been tested with BlackBerry OS 7.1, BlackBerry Desktop Manager 7.1, BlackBerry Link 1.1 and BlackBerry 10.1. If you are on older versions of any of these parts, you may need to update your software first.
    05-25-13 03:26 AM
    Thank you.

My old BlackBerry is a 9800 torch, so it will be running 6.0. But I will try this when I get a chance and post the results here.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 01:52 AM
    Thank you.

My old BlackBerry is a 9800 torch, so it will be running 6.0. But I will try this when I get a chance and post the results here.
    This should work with BlackBerry 6 as well. Let us know if it works out for you.
    05-27-13 10:05 PM
    My mac version of BB Link 1.1.1 does not recognize .bbb (back-up) files.

Am I doing something wrong or is the process written above only available for windows? Thanks for the response!
    06-17-13 12:06 PM