Greetings CrackBerry! Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Long story short, my z10 has been getting outrageously hot at random times (up to 42 degrees celcius while running no apps or updates) so Verizon replaced it as it was still under warranty. My new z10 came today, but before I activate it, I would like to know what the quickest / simplest method is to go about transfering all my content to my new z10? I would like to bring all my apps, texts, contacts, emails, settings, etc. over to my new device, as if nothing changed, if possible.

I have all my pictures / videos saved to a SD card, but everything else I believe is stored on the device. Does anyone know the best way to go about this?

Thank you for your help!
    01-27-14 10:01 AM
    I would first backup the old one, maybe using more than one method. BB Link and Sachesi can backup. Also, check out Firechest, free in bb world. But BB Link also has a switch device wizard which may do what you want, too.

Depending on the OS of the old versus the new, sometimes you do NOT want to backup/restore Settings as they may not be compatible.

Good luck. They replaced mine since it would reboot and then I could not reload the OS. Replacement has been fine.
    01-27-14 10:24 AM
    So I saved all my settings and applications using a back up on blackberry link, then I saved all my text messages using sms backup. However, when I tried to install the backup using link on my new z10, it wouldn't work because the OS was incompatible. My new one is using version 10.0.9 while my old z10 is on 10.1. I tried to update it using the 'software updates' option under settings, but it claims no updates available. However, when I connect to Link, it detects 10.2.1 as being available. Nonetheless, every time I try to update to 10.2.1, on either my old z10 or the new z10, the update fails after reaching about 35%, every time.

I'm at a crossroads here. Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:13 PM
    Hi there have you tried transferring the data between the phones via bluetooth. My Z10 was stolen a week ago & I replaced it with another Z10. I had to transfer my contacts from my Storm to my Z10 and the bluetooth worked great. Rocking in HK with my Z10 & 64GB Playbook.
    01-27-14 10:24 PM
    So I saved all my settings and applications using a back up on blackberry link, then I saved all my text messages using sms backup. However, when I tried to install the backup using link on my new z10, it wouldn't work because the OS was incompatible. My new one is using version 10.0.9 while my old z10 is on 10.1. I tried to update it using the 'software updates' option under settings, but it claims no updates available. However, when I connect to Link, it detects 10.2.1 as being available. Nonetheless, every time I try to update to 10.2.1, on either my old z10 or the new z10, the update fails after reaching about 35%, every time.

I'm at a crossroads here. Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    Some other folks are also having trouble downloading via Link. The server might be busy. You can go into the Leak subforum and find an Autoloader for that version of the OS.

I don't know much about Darcy's Tools (there's a thread or two) but it can tweak some version numbers inside the Backup file so that it can be used with "incompatible" os.
    01-27-14 11:46 PM
    Unfortunately blue tooth is not an option because I can only power one device at a time. Verizon chose to send me a replacement without a battery, or even a battery door. So I can only use one device at a time. I'm going to try and update both devices again today then use the transfer tool in link. Hopefully the updates go through this time. I don't get why my new z10 claims 10.0.9 is the latest available version in settings > software updates. It should at least recognize 10.1, no?

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 09:07 AM