Is there a way to watch movies purchased from BlackBerry App World on pc or transfer to dvd??

I usually connect my Z10 to my TV using the hdmi cable but I hate to keep my phone basically married to the TV. Don't want to interrupt a movie just because the phone rings or because I get a bbm.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 03:58 PM
    You can transfer them by dragging and dropping. However they won't play off of anything but your phone. There is a codec needed to play it on your computer or off a dvd and until you find out which one, it's useless on anything but your phone. For good reason.
    11-24-13 04:07 PM
    Get a tv with DLNA capabilities?
    11-24-13 04:08 PM
    Well, it's easy enough to get the movie onto the PC and then the Playbook but I haven' t figured out the "play" part. Freemake can't convert the wmv file nor can Tipard. Whatever DRM is included with the movie is pretty good. Nothing I have will play the movie I bought except the Z10. HDMI is fine but I would really prefer using the Playbook. Don't think I'll be buying any more movies - unless someone else has a solution.
    11-24-13 04:12 PM
    You can transfer them by dragging and dropping. However they won't play off of anything but your phone. There is a codec needed to play it on your computer or off a dvd and until you find out which one, it's useless on anything but your phone. For good reason.
    I really can't think of a good reason to limit a purchased movie to only playing on one platform.

No way I'll spend money on such a movie.

Posted via CB10
    blambtn likes this.
    11-24-13 04:17 PM
    I really can't think of a good reason to limit a purchased movie to only playing on one platform.

No way I'll spend money on such a movie.

Posted via CB10
    I buy all my movies on CinemaNow now.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 04:30 PM
    Does iTunes and Google play have the same system...limiting playback only to the smartphone?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 04:36 PM
    Get a tv with DLNA capabilities?
    No I don't, but not for long
    Does dlna work well or is there a jitter?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 04:37 PM
    Buy them from your PlayBook if you have enough memory.

Posted via CB10 with *Z* BEST!
    11-24-13 04:49 PM
    Where can u get movies on BlackBerry app store?? Or is this just available in Canada/us?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 05:55 PM
    Does iTunes and Google play have the same system...limiting playback only to the smartphone?

Posted via CB10
    Not exactly no. I can speak for Apple here... any movie you purchase can Be viewed on multiple devices when signed in with the same apple id. You can also airplay to an apple tv, which is very nice.

You can also download to your iTunes on your mac or pc...but can only be watched there, via iTunes or again airplay to an appletv.

A bit of a closed system as well, but more flexible than BlackBerry for the time being.

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    awindsr and niceup like this.
    11-24-13 06:41 PM
    Not exactly no. I can speak for Apple here... any movie you purchase can Be viewed on multiple devices when signed in with the same apple id. You can also airplay to an apple tv, which is very nice.

You can also download to your iTunes on your mac or pc...but can only be watched there, via iTunes or again airplay to an appletv.

A bit of a closed system as well, but more flexible than BlackBerry for the time being.

Posted from my Z10 using CB10
    BlackBerry Link should have the capability to play it. Hopefully they add that feature in the next update

Posted via CB10
    93Aero likes this.
    11-24-13 08:42 PM
    I have never bought movies through Blackberry World until today as there are a few for 79p in the UK just to see what they would be like. I don't see the point of buying a movie at 8+ that can only be watched on the phone screen. DLNA works but trying to play a movie my Samsung UE55E8000 tv says unsupported format!
    12-04-13 11:31 AM
    I have never bought movies through Blackberry World until today as there are a few for 79p in the UK just to see what they would be like. I don't see the point of buying a movie at 8+ that can only be watched on the phone screen. DLNA works but trying to play a movie my Samsung UE55E8000 tv says unsupported format!
    I don't know enough about DLNA. The movies are encrypted with DRM. They can be played to a large screen if you use an hdmi micro-regular cable.
    12-04-13 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    ITunes no but movies you buy on Google Play can only be watched from the Google movie/video app

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 03:45 PM
    If I really planned to get most of my movies from BBWORLD I would start with Handbrake and a few other top name converters, and load a movie to each one to see if can break the DRM.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 04:01 PM