I'm a bit confused and would like if someone could shed some light on the following:

"BB Maps" app comes with turn-by-turn navigation and live-traffic (or so it seemed to me);
    "BB Traffic" app has turn-by-turn navigation and live-traffic too. BB Traffic requires that BB Maps be installed. I haven't installed BB Traffic yet (I'm trying to figure out if I should, hence this post), but from its description, BB Traffic looks like an add-on to BB Maps.

What's the difference between the live navigation in BB Maps and that in BB Traffic; is one better/different than the other?

If I install BB Traffic, will that override the navigation in BB Maps?

Normally, I'd just accept that I have two different products being developed by competing developers trying to achieve the same goal, but if one of them can run off the other, then that seem more like collaboration rather than competition.

BTW, Maps are developed by BlackBerry Commerce; Traffic is developed by Blackberry Limited. I'm not sure what BB Commerce is exactly.
    03-12-14 01:30 PM
    BB Traffic is not available as an app for BBOS10.
    Supposedly it is rolled into BBMaps.
    John Pawling likes this.
    03-12-14 01:48 PM
    Yeah, Jaydee's right - BB Traffic went away.

SQN100-2 /10.2.1.2102
    03-12-14 02:05 PM
    Talking about BB Maps, its a fantastic app. I've read many complaints about it, but just last week in Lagos Nigeria I couldn't find my way around some very twisted roads, so I tried BB Maps and it took me right to my destination, turn by turn with voice navigation, extremely accurate!
    David in Durham likes this.
    03-12-14 02:17 PM
    I like bb maps, I think bb traffic was a little easier to use though.

SQN100-2 /10.2.1.2102
    03-12-14 03:09 PM
    I like BlackBerry Maps on my Z10 better than BlackBerry traffic on Torch 9810. I find it better integrated into the Flow of how I use it.

Posted via CB10 1.4.4 on my Z10 10.2.1.2102 on the Rogers Network
    03-12-14 03:13 PM
    The BlackBerry Traffic app was superior because it presented different route options based on real time traffic. Then the user had the option to select the route they wanted.

BlackBerry Maps does not present route options based on current traffic.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 04:11 PM
    In my country BlackBerry maps dont present any guidance at all... just an useless app

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    03-12-14 05:59 PM
    Thanks, I get it now. BB Traffic isn't available for BB10, it's available only for some of the previous OS devices. I guess I could have figured that out by clicking the "Supported Devices" link in BB Traffic on BB World. Sorry about that, I'm a bit new at all of this. I got my z10 only a couple of months ago.

It would be interesting to know if the reason why BB Traffic isn't available for OS10 is because it really was rolled into BB Maps. It would explain an experience I recently had:

I had a chance to use BB Maps on my z10 only once so far, but for a few hours. We were driving through UK coming back to London, at one point the app told me to get off the highway to avoid congestion ahead. At first I was skeptical since under normal conditions the route we were on was the best one, but I figured I'll take the advice. Was the advice ever spot on. We exited the highway and drove along side of it on a deserted street while observing the cluster-screw on the highway I would have been stuck in if I didn't follow the detour advise. Few km later, the app told us to get back on the highway, which by this time was flowing nicely, and then off the highway again half hour later to avoid another congestion which really was there. It seems to me like whatever [live] "traffic/navigation" is part of BB Maps as of now, works quite impressively.

Thanks for all the answers. This is a really nice community here that CrackBerry members have created.
    03-13-14 09:28 AM
    BB maps is powered by Tom Tom

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    Johberry likes this.
    03-13-14 12:22 PM
    I loved BB Traffic for its little features. You could have it text someone your ETA... It showed you historical traffic so you can get an idea of when you should leave for a trip. I miss it!
    David in Durham likes this.
    03-13-14 12:58 PM
    I loved BB Traffic for its little features. You could have it text someone your ETA... It showed you historical traffic so you can get an idea of when you should leave for a trip. I miss it!
    Yes, those were great features, plus it showed your speed and average speed and the time of day it expects you to arrive at your destination. Now it shows hours and minutes which is easy enough to figure, but useful little things that should have migrated over, didn't.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    03-24-14 08:14 AM