Hi Guys

Apologies if similar has been on previously

My company has a mixture of Z10s and Curves. We would like to use apps which we can track the whereabouts of the phones remotely. I have heard of such apps but not sure if they are available for the Blackberry

Also, for my own Z10, I'm looking for a GPS app which can track a route as it is being walked. I am a keen walker who walks off road throughout the North of England, and I believe rivals to Blackberry have apps available which you can plan walking routes, use to measure distances of routes taken and generally speaking provide a full gps service for countryside walkers

Can anyone suggest suitable apps for the above please.

Many thanks
    10-08-13 06:28 AM
    Don't know about the tracking company devices, but for your personal walking try endomondo
    10-08-13 10:05 AM
    From the Endomondo Website:

Upgrading from Blackberry(OS 4.3-7.0) to Blackberry 10 - can I transfer my Pro license?

Unfortunately we don't have a Pro app for Blackberry 10, only Free or Premium is available on Blackberry 10.
    Premium membership is a subscription service. You can go with an Annual membership for $19.99 or with a Monthly membership for $2.99. If you have already bought the Pro app, you will get the Annual membership for $15 for the first year. The discount will automatically apply to your purchase when you signup for Premium at https://www.endomondo.com/lounge/subscribe

In BBW:

BlackBerry World - Endomondo Sports Tracker for BlackBerry 10
    Last edited by billman01; 10-08-13 at 04:00 PM.
    10-08-13 03:44 PM
    Hi Guys

My company has a mixture of Z10s and Curves. We would like to use apps which we can track the whereabouts of the phones remotely. I have heard of such apps but not sure if they are available for the Blackberry

Also, for my own Z10, I'm looking for a GPS app which can track a route as it is being walked. I am a keen walker who walks off road throughout the North of England, and I believe rivals to Blackberry have apps available which you can plan walking routes, use to measure distances of routes taken and generally speaking provide a full gps service for countryside walkers

Many thanks
    Hi leenick,

Please have a look at Mapshot10 (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/34779892/).

The app allows you to send an SMS or an email to the device and the location of the device will be returned to you as a Google Or Bing map. The GPS is only activated when it receives the SMS or email with the magic keyword so battery life is not wasted.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
    10-08-13 08:52 PM
    Hi Guys

Many thanks
    View Ranger is available for free and it allows maps to be downloaded, although the number of "tiles" is limited - in appworld.
    10-08-13 08:53 PM
    Thank you guys. Will check these all out

Nick
    10-09-13 02:27 AM
    Hi nick for your walking I would suggest to try nogago tracks, I am using it for some time now and really like it. Good tracking and export option and low on battery usage.

Posted via CB10
    leenick likes this.
    10-09-13 02:57 AM
    Nogago has just a FREE Tracking app. I just used it today on a hike and sent myself the gpx track and here's the picture below. The tracking app does not contain mapping right there - you need their full program (which I see complaints about since what was free is now PAID). But I have a Garmin program on my computer which is where I viewed the track the app created and allowed me to send as an email.
    Attached Thumbnails tracking and gps-rattlesnake.jpg   tracking and gps-rattlesnake1.jpg  
    Last edited by F2; 10-09-13 at 06:37 PM.
    leenick and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-09-13 06:24 PM
    Guys, you have been extremely helpful

Thank you all for your input

Nick
    10-21-13 07:31 AM
    Another most of the time works way is to use BlackBerry Protect. Just make sure it's enabled then login though the site and you can track it. It's more personal use though.
    10-21-13 08:43 AM
    The other day on a hike, while using The nogago tracking app, the darn thing kept me apprised of every minute of my hike. Neither I nor my friends appreciated this. I did not realize there was a setting and just closed it down! I did not get to test since that little disaster!

Here's the link if anyone is interested. And report results if it works or not

BlackBerry World - nogago Tracks
    10-21-13 09:58 AM
    Strange, my free nogago tracking shows the maps perfectly and i do not have the nogago maps installed, its just a setting in the menu.
    10-28-13 04:22 PM
    Strange, my free nogago tracking shows the maps perfectly and i do not have the nogago maps installed, its just a setting in the menu.
    THANKS. And AHA. I had a CheckMark on Preferred Map Provider. So when I tapped the Map Icon, it wanted to go to the nagogo store and the fee was 7.99

Unchecking that fixed it except that the area I hiked would need a topo which is not showing but I will check it out more.
    10-28-13 07:53 PM
    +1 for Endomondo. I use it regular for my runs. Very reliable.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:27 PM
    I use cascarun to Track and compare my walks and biking.
    10-28-13 11:36 PM
    As far as I know, there are two ways to track the GPS location of a cellphone.
    First, you can find out the GPS location from the built-in GPS tracking program or if a program is available for download.
    Each carrier offers its own services. You can learn about it by calling customer-service centre. Most of these carrier-offered programs come with a monthly access fee.
    Second, find software to use with GPS feature offered. Mobile Spy is popular for thousands of various phones.
    It is an easy-to-use and powerful Mobile Spy Software at a reasonable price. It tracks not only the GPS location, but also almost all the call activities, such as call logs, text messages, website history and so on. With Mobile Spy, you will easily know where the phone is and what the people carring the Phone is doing.
    Mobile Spy Software - Mobile Phone Spy App you can know more from here.
    07-02-14 08:37 PM