Just reading over the top cases article. Because of my job I need a super protective care for my Z10. I'm currently using the Otterbox Defender. Is that the only one with a built in screen protector?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    03-14-14 06:44 PM
    There is the trident case with built in screen protector. You do have the best case.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:56 PM
    This is my 3rd Defender. Had them for my last two BlackBerries also. I've always been pleased.

I wish Otterbox would make the Armor series for the Z10. I have a few coworkers that have the Armor series for their iPhone 4 boy is it sturdy. Makes the Defender look flimsy.

Last edited by crazigee; 03-15-14 at 05:40 AM.
    03-14-14 10:37 PM
    I use the BlackBerry flip case which does the trick, it has a cover which flips over the screen and also has the Magnet to turn the screen off.

My Z10 is still in perfect condition which tells me it does the job.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    03-15-14 06:30 AM
    I use the BlackBerry flip case which does the trick, it has a cover which flips over the screen and also has the Magnet to turn the screen off.

My Z10 is still in perfect condition which tells me it does the job.

Posted via CB10
    I need something more resilient than the BlackBerry flip case. I drop my phone almost daily. It often ends up on the floor of my car or under my feet as I drive. If I forget it on my lap it has on occasion fallen into the ground when I get out of the car. Has to be something sturdy.

If they made the Armor series for the Z10 I'd buy it for sure. It would be $100 well spent.

leojzueg likes this.
    03-15-14 06:47 AM
    I have used this no-name case for almost half a year now: GENUINE REAL LEATHER FLIP CASE For BlackBerry Z10 + Screen Protector | eBay

Top Cases for Z10-kgrhqfhjdcfdeg2wvbhbrutwvsltq-60_58.jpg

I payed $8.25 (including postage).

I'm very pleased with it, it fell 2 or 3 times on the floor with no damage.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    andy957 likes this.
    03-15-14 06:58 AM
    Otterbox defender, nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 07:13 AM
    Just reading over the top cases article. Because of my job I need a super protective care for my Z10. I'm currently using the Otterbox Defender. Is that the only one with a built in screen protector?

The Kraken AMS from Trident has one.

In direct comparisons with the Defender, the Kraken usually comes out top.
    03-15-14 07:36 AM
    I need something more resilient than the BlackBerry flip case. I drop my phone almost daily. It often ends up on the floor of my car or under my feet as I drive. If I forget it on my lap it has on occasion fallen into the ground when I get out of the car. Has to be something sturdy.

If they made the Armor series for the Z10 I'd buy it for sure. It would be $100 well spent.

Yeah I guess if you're going to drive over it you need some heavyweight protection lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:02 AM
    Like I said defender without a doubt. I have the kraken as a spare. It is not nearly as nice as the defender.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 11:09 AM
    Like I said defender without a doubt. I have the kraken as a spare. It is not nearly as nice as the defender.

Posted via CB10
    The Kraken wasn't designed to be 'nice', it's a Mil Spec case designed for protection. And mighty fine it is too.

Plus, Trident are Canadian (always a bonus).
    03-15-14 05:34 PM
    Yeah I guess if you're going to drive over it you need some heavyweight protection lol.

Posted via CB10
    I accidentally left my 9790 on the hood of my car and then drive over it after it fell off. The Defender didn't help. Lol

But all of the drops and other abuse, other than driving over it, and the Defender has stood up well. And my phone comes out of the case look brand new at the end of the year.

Last edited by crazigee; 03-16-14 at 04:57 PM.
    03-15-14 05:52 PM
    The Kraken AMS from Trident has one.

In direct comparisons with the Defender, the Kraken usually comes out top.
    Thanks I'll look into that.

Pete The Penguin likes this.
    03-15-14 05:53 PM
    The trident let's you easily swipe up as well. Not very good with the holster but I like mine way better than the defender I have. Only downside as mentioned is the stupid holster.

Posted via CB10

Edit... I will add that I popped the screen protector out of both my cases and just put an adhesive one on the phone.
    03-15-14 06:07 PM
    The trident let's you easily swipe up as well. Not very good with the holster but I like mine way better than the defender I have. Only downside as mentioned is the stupid holster.

Posted via CB10

Edit... I will add that I popped the screen protector out of both my cases and just put an adhesive one on the phone.
    I did the same on my Kraken, got myself a Skinomi full body skin (just in case).
    03-15-14 06:30 PM
    The Kraken wasn't designed to be 'nice', it's a Mil Spec case designed for protection. And mighty fine it is too.

Plus, Trident are Canadian (always a bonus).
    "Nice" as in protective. My personal opinion is the kraken is garbage. Nothing but Otterbox everything else is inferior. Otterbox #1 selling case for US and Canada.
    03-15-14 09:24 PM
    I accidentally left my 9700 on the hood of my car and then drive over it after it fell off. The Defender didn't help. Lol

But all of the drops and other abuse, other than driving over it, and the Defender has stood up well. And my phone comes out of the case look brand new at the end of the year.

Ouch, the cost of a new Case in addition to the phone I presume?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 06:15 AM
    That is the great thing about otterbox. They have an absolutely no hassle replacement policy. Just send a picture of the case and they send you a brand new one. Not many manufacturers offer that. Another plus for otterbox!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 09:37 AM
    That's a quality guarantee!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:14 PM
    Exactly! Trident does not offer that.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 12:34 PM
    Ouch, the cost of a new Case in addition to the phone I presume?

Posted via CB10
    Fortunately I was only 6 weeks away from my renew date so I went back to using my older BlackBerry until then. But yes, both the case and the phone were complaining destroyed.

What amazed me was that Bell wasn't interested in helping me at all. I've been with Bell since 2006 and never asked for an early upgrade or anything. All they offered me was to pay $400 termination fee and then I would be able to start a new contract and still have to pay the 3 year contract price for my new phone.

Needless to say I just wanted the 6 weeks.

03-16-14 01:21 PM
    That's very unfortunate. Only 6 wks away. You definitely should have gotten an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 01:25 PM
    Fortunately I was only 6 weeks away from my renew date so I went back to using my older BlackBerry until then. But yes, both the case and the phone were complaining destroyed.

What amazed me was that Bell wasn't interested in helping me at all. I've been with Bell since 2006 and never asked for an early upgrade or anything. All they offered me was to pay $400 termination fee and then I would be able to start a new contract and still have to pay the 3 year contract price for my new phone.

Needless to say I just wanted the 6 weeks.

With only 6 weeks to go I think you were just testing how strong the case was really lol.

That really sucks that Bell wouldn't give you an early upgrade though!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 04:51 PM
    With only 6 weeks to go I think you were just testing how strong the case was really lol.

That really sucks that Bell wouldn't give you an early upgrade though!

Posted via CB10
    If that's true then the case failed the car drive over test. Lol. I don't think I can blame Otterbox on that too much.

As for Bell it was disappointing that they wouldn't help, but at least it wasn't a long wait to upgrade. Fortunately I still had my 9700 that I could use until then.

03-16-14 04:56 PM
    I was looking at both the Kraken and the Defender today. I am yet to decide on which to get. I am leaning towards the Kraken but it I am open to input.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:09 PM
103 123 ...