I went to BlackBerry App World and tried to install all the apps for bb10, but my z10 with 64gig sd card doesn't give enough space to install all the apps...

So I don't get why people are complain about too few apps - the darn phone can't have them all installed anyways.

Seems problem is that there isn't enough memory on phone and that in fact there are TOO many apps available for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    10-08-13 07:24 PM
    Huh? I get plenty memory what do you have installed?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-08-13 07:26 PM
    HA! I get it.
    Dzyen likes this.
    10-08-13 07:27 PM
    Huh? I get plenty memory what do you have installed?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk now Free
    I'm guessing it was rhetorical with a slight bit of sarcasm.
    Blacklatino and zocster like this.
    10-08-13 07:28 PM
    10-10-13 08:13 AM
    BlackBerry is more closed system then apple you can't even dl apps on the sd card anyway so fail.

Maybe if there weren't so many useless apps to inflate the numbers in BlackBerry World you wouldn't have that problem.

Top ten apps in ios and android beat out 200,000 apps in BlackBerry world

That's whats ppl are complaining about. The core apps. Not not enough apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 08:22 AM
    Apps can't be saved to an extended memory card?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 08:30 AM
    "Core Apps" as in "socially impaired if you don't have them" apps? Or Core Apps like, phone, phonebook, PDF reader, calculator, web browser, calendar, IM?
    Daytona123 and vgorous like this.
    10-10-13 08:30 AM
    "Core Apps" as in "socially impaired if you don't have them" apps? Or Core Apps like, phone, phonebook, PDF reader, calculator, web browser, calendar, IM?
    I would call those standard phone features. Seeing as how tablets don't have it but you can dl apps.

If ppl who are downplaying the app situation hate apps so much and just want a phone for a phone, why bother getting any smart phone, just get a regular flip phone to call and text, problem solved for them.

And who would you be calling socially impaired? If I remember correctly kevin who owns the site has two devices one just for the apps he can't get on BlackBerry. And I'm pretty sure it includes those "socially impaired " apps too.

I personally don't use instagram vine or any other social networking app, cept for the occasional fb, but I can see how someone would want them. The only app I want is Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 08:42 AM
    Oh no, those are apps too and go directly to serve the primary function of a smartphone: communication. Any other app, is just a imagined necessesity.
    Taking the same idea you suggest. If the only app you really need is google maps, then why not buy a real GPS, and use a regular flip phone (or not in case you don't need it) to make calls and texting?
    10-10-13 10:40 AM
    Oh no, those are apps too and go directly to serve the primary function of a smartphone: communication. Any other app, is just a imagined necessesity.
    Taking the same idea you suggest. If the only app you really need is google maps, then why not buy a real GPS, and use a regular flip phone (or not in case you don't need it) to make calls and texting?
    The thing is I'm not against apps, apps are there to make our lives easier. What one person may find an "imagined necessity" may not hold true for someone else. For instance someone could be using instagram as a showcase of their products to sell. You may deem instagram useless but they don't.

Why would i want to carry 5 different devices when one can suffice? That's what apps are doing for us. That's the way the future looks like it's going, our handheld devices will one day be able to replace the computer. Soon why will I need a computer? Its already replacing the standalone gps. It replaces the flashlight for me and has replaced the computer for emailing. and to other ppl it may do more.

To say that apps are imagined necessity just means you don't see the value in it where someone else might. Sure a lot of ppl use it for social networking but who cares? Phones now seem to be designed for multimedia now anyways, not just for calling and texting as much as you want to think otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-10-13 11:24 AM
    While I do not condemn the use of apps, some I must admit help my daily life go smoother, I do not agree with the classification of most apps as a necessity. Core apps are those that actually do serve the main purpose of a device, which sadly is communication, and those yes I can agree are a necessity (save for those for social networking). A smartphone was not conceived for watching movies, taking pictures, GPSing, gaming, etc. It was meant for communication. That this is the main purpose of the phone, does not change the fact that they are also capable of doing all of those other things, which is fine and good. A smartphone is not a smartphone if it can’t make calls, or check email for that matter, but it’s still a smartphone if it doesn’t have Netflix, or GPS. That is why I call imagined necessity to all other apps.

But does it actually make your life simpler? Is it really only one device you need for all of your daily life necessities? I guess the answer for most is “no”, though most will never admit it. You ask, as many people do, “why would I carry 5 different devices when one can suffice?’”, I say: are you being ironic? Do you own/have more than one phone, how about a tablet or a portable PC? I can risk a guess, and guarantee that your answer will be a positive one to at least two of the questions. So people are reluctant to buy an actual GPS for their actual needs, but are ok in buying an oversized smartphone (tablet) and/or another smartphone AND carry it around for whatever purpose they bought it for? People are eager to complain about apps or the lack thereof when there are so many other ways to bypass that “necessity”. Often easier and simpler ways to do what’s needed to do.
    10-10-13 02:04 PM
    Apps can't be saved to an extended memory card?

Posted via CB10
    No they can not.
    Apps can only be stored on the devices internal 16gb, and 4 of that is os, so it's 12 gb.
    My advice is to have all media stored on sd and to limit the large games.
    10-10-13 04:02 PM
    While I do not condemn the use of apps, some I must admit help my daily life go smoother, I do not agree with the classification of most apps as a necessity. Core apps are those that actually do serve the main purpose of a device, which sadly is communication, and those yes I can agree are a necessity (save for those for social networking). A smartphone was not conceived for watching movies, taking pictures, GPSing, gaming, etc. It was meant for communication. That this is the main purpose of the phone, does not change the fact that they are also capable of doing all of those other things, which is fine and good. A smartphone is not a smartphone if it can�t make calls, or check email for that matter, but it�s still a smartphone if it doesn�t have Netflix, or GPS. That is why I call imagined necessity to all other apps.

But does it actually make your life simpler? Is it really only one device you need for all of your daily life necessities? I guess the answer for most is �no�, though most will never admit it. You ask, as many people do, �why would I carry 5 different devices when one can suffice?��, I say: are you being ironic? Do you own/have more than one phone, how about a tablet or a portable PC? I can risk a guess, and guarantee that your answer will be a positive one to at least two of the questions. So people are reluctant to buy an actual GPS for their actual needs, but are ok in buying an oversized smartphone (tablet) and/or another smartphone AND carry it around for whatever purpose they bought it for? People are eager to complain about apps or the lack thereof when there are so many other ways to bypass that �necessity�. Often easier and simpler ways to do what�s needed to do.
    What are you even saying? Of course I got a computer, a PlayBook, a camera. I got all those before I got my phone. But guess what since getting my z10 I find my self using the computer less, never touched my camera since forever, and my PlayBook is pretty much collecting dust now.

So are you telling me I would rather carry all those things with me to places when I need to use them for their intended purpose? Should I carry a dictionary book with me too? Cause the phone replaces that too? I would probably have to carry a luggage if i were to do things you say to do it.

What the smartphone now does for us is eliminate the need for that, for day to day stuff. Of course you'll need a dlsr if your gonna go travelling somewhere exotic or new. But the way camera phones are going they are already rivaling the lower end standalone cameras. And for gps I would take a smartphone gps any time of the day. Not only is it not just a gps but a yellow pages all in a nice convieniet size that fits in the pocket of your pants.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 04:55 PM
    I went to BlackBerry App World and tried to install all the apps for bb10, but my z10 with 64gig sd card doesn't give enough space to install all the apps...

So I don't get why people are complain about too few apps - the darn phone can't have them all installed anyways.

Seems problem is that there isn't enough memory on phone and that in fact there are TOO many apps available for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    How many transit maps do you need? I believe there's about 18'000 of them in blackberry world. Problem solved if you sideload Google maps and add the transit layer

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 05:09 PM
    ???
    First off, Google maps craps all over a 'real GPS' for the average consumer in terms of functionality and ui.

Secondly are you serious? Flip phone and gps over a smartphone with Google maps? Is this SERIOUSLY what you would recommend?
    10-10-13 06:08 PM
    I think my gps can continuously track for about 16 hours on two replaceable AA cells. I don't think my phone can do that. It can track when there is no cell coverage or data and if I leave my phone on in such circumstances, its battery will be depleted searching for a signal. It is also pretty much waterproof and can be hung around my neck when raining or snowing. If BB even sniffs a damp moisture detector, your warranty is shot. There are times and places for specialized devices and a one-in-all solution is not always the best at each of its functions. It might be adequate - meh.
    10-10-13 06:22 PM