To switch the phone to vibrate I had been going into Settings and then to Notifications every time to select the Mode. I actually would leave the Active Pane open so in between clients I could select Normal again. Clearly dismayed that hitting volume down all the way does not set it to Vibrate I wished for another quicker way and found this. All you have to do is the first time go into Settings>Notifications>Set Mode to Vibrate>Swipe up to make it into a Active Pane>Hit "x" closing the Active Pane>Pull down the options window from above>Simply tap the Notifications "Bell" symbol to toggle between Normal and Vibrate now. If you Power off or Restart your Z10 then you have to go through the above process again. Which ever option you chose be it Vibrate Only, Phone Calls Only, Silent and All Alerts Off, it will toggle between that and Normal. Hope this helps!
    04-13-13 12:13 AM
    It would be nice if it would toggle through them all like that.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:22 AM
    Thanks, that's a really nice tip, OP! This will save a few steps while we await full notification cycling.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    04-13-13 12:58 AM
    Looks like it returns to default Normal and Silent after a couple hours or inactivity. I will test this at work Monday

Posted via CB10 via Z10 via...
    04-13-13 09:53 PM
    Looks like it returns to default Normal and Silent after a couple hours or inactivity. I will test this at work Monday

Or maybe you had a random reboot during the inactive period that you didn't know about, noticed this on mine this morning, default is to switch between normal and silent so after I had a reboot at some point last night, it reverted back to this default setting.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:09 PM
    I did have a random reboot last night because the night mode goes off and notifications started waking me up. During the day I have Wallpapers HD Active Pane going so that would tell me of any random reboots during the day if that disappears. I will pay attention to that.

04-13-13 10:20 PM
    Well I ran between Normal and Vibrate all day without having to reset it. I was going back and forth all day and wonder if I hadn't been on Vibrate at a certain time it wouldn't have switched back to the default Normal and Silent.
    04-15-13 08:23 PM
    It definitely takes a reboot to reset it to the default Normal and Silent. Been running it with Normal and Vibrate since Monday

04-17-13 09:15 PM