When is the 10.1 update coming? Yeah, I've heard "When the q10 comes out", but it's been out, no? Or does my company, at&t, have to come out with the q10, for them to release the 10.1?

:-( my patience is thinning each day as I see more people on here with the update. I'm just so scared of downloading leaked updates... I fear something bad would come from this, and many bugs I didn't have before would be created.

How many of you have downloaded the leaked version? It seems like most people on here have. Am I right?

Posted via CB10
    Take a nap.
    We will wake you when it gets here.
    Haha.
    Why are you so impatient people!
    It's BlackBerry, Remember?

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    05-05-13 05:51 AM
    Waiting for the carrier release is a waste of time IMHO. I did it just this past Thursday and loving the 10.1 on my z10. Also.. just back up with BB link and you would not lose anything in terms of App's, Settings and Media. Your Z10 will be set up like you never did a thing to it. You would need to log back into your email and social accounts though.

You will however lose Android apps and need to reload them. Even Instagram just reloaded already logged in so brilliant (didn't have to do the facebook workaround).

Also.. many have not said it but the feature on the q10.. Quick Actions.. where u just type something like BBM Kyle and it creates a message in bbm to Kyle... also works on the Z10. You just open SEARCH and type the same and boom.. new BBM, text, email etc..

In regards to the payment option loss.. it ain't really a loss. Just go into app world and choose an app to buy (YOU DONT REALLY HAVE TO BUY IT). It will ask you to enter you BBID password and your payment options will be re-enabled. Just remember to click on cancel when it asks you to confirm payment. Easy peasy..

I seriously love this phone.

@ the O.P.. don't be scared homeboy. Download the latest leak and load that muthaf'er up!
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 05-05-13 at 06:17 AM.
    05-05-13 06:06 AM
    On Rogers here, resisted as long as I could, but finally installed 1627 yesterday. Glad I did, phone seems even more responsive now, and it was a good opportunity to "clean up" ... i got rid of all those funky sideloads and apps i didnt need. The whole install process only took about 15 minutes.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-05-13 07:21 AM
    Good things come to those that wait.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry loves customers like you.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    kevinnugent, Takmelius and JeepBB like this.
    05-05-13 07:57 AM
    If you're truly hesitant to try a leaked OS, find somebody who's already installed the leak, a leak, to a Z. Going through it with an experienced BlackBerrian will increase your self confidence to upgrade (or downgrade) future OS leaks at will. Yeah, before you know it you'll be helping others with their installations, too.
    05-05-13 10:30 AM
    I'm still waitying as well with Verizon.
    05-05-13 10:52 AM
    I am waiting for 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 10:57 AM
    ....... It will not kill me, turn me homeless, condemn my soul, nor starve me to death........

Posted via CB10
    Now that's funny!! Nice one EarthBerry!
    05-05-13 12:33 PM
    As I already have the 10.1 I'm also patiently awaiting 10.2

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:43 PM
    If you are tired of waiting... then download one of the leaked versions. Who knows how long after it is officially released before Carriers approve and release it, or what version they give approval too.

Do the leaked OS have bugs.... YES! But so does the officially OS that I was using on Verizon.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-05-13 12:51 PM
    I can't believe you haven't tried the leak!! Your life will be completely changed forever!

Do it. DO IT!!!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-05-13 01:01 PM
    I can't believe you haven't tried the leak!! Your life will be completely changed forever!

Do it. DO IT!!!

Where does one get the leaked version?
    05-05-13 01:43 PM
    People on Verizon have EVERY reason to be angry but AT&T users do not. We have gotten multiple updates in a reasonable amount of time. If you want updates every six-seven months that don't fix the core experience, move to WP8. If you want updates every OS iteration, go to iOS. If you don't want updates at all and update via buying a new phone then go to Android.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-05-13 02:08 PM
    Here is a link to the whole thread. Be sure to use Chrome to download.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post8408880

Here's another thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rience-803279/
    euphemy likes this.
    05-05-13 02:35 PM

Also.. many have not said it but the feature on the q10.. Quick Actions.. where u just type something like BBM Kyle and it creates a message in bbm to Kyle... also works on the Z10. You just open SEARCH and type the same and boom.. new BBM, text, email
    Now that's a cool feature! Nice!! I had not heard about that one yet... I'm getting really tempted to take the plunge lol...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 02:36 PM
    I waited for Storm-Storm2-Torch updates with the Z10 I am still waiting.
    05-05-13 02:40 PM
    So useless thread! Go and burn your z10. Or buy an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! No need for the hostility. There are a lot of threads that are worse. Hey, at least the OP isn't predicting the end of the world and BlackBerry ruined his/her life. Chillax.
    05-05-13 04:29 PM

Here's another thread.
    This leak is working great for me. OP, you may want to consider trying it out.
    05-05-13 04:32 PM

Here's another thread.
    Thanks for giving an answer. I was just being sarcastic. It's hasn't really changed my usage. I forgot about HDR or I would have tried that out today.
    05-05-13 06:32 PM
    BlackBerry have to release "Leaks" which are really test versions for technically advanced users. BlackBerry are fairly confident by the time they leak but it's only when hundreds of users with different configurations and installed apps start bashing the OS the hidden issues come to light. If you are not technically competent then wait for the official release, patiently.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 06:43 PM
    I have finally buckled and loaded up the leak. Between downloading/installing the apps and the phone trying to "settle" the first few hours were a nightmare.

When that was settled, and a couple of restarts later, all was smooth sailing. So far I have not encountered any issues except one which is quite annoying. Swiping up from either Whatsapp to BBM to minimize the app now rarely functions with the keyboard up. I would need a good 3-4 swipes up before it minimizes the app all while it's inputting text thinking I'm flick typing.

I'm 100% it was not like that prior to the update. Not a biggie for me so I will stay on this until the official version comes out

EDIT:

Best part about this leak (for me):

1- Ability to now toggle to 4G and get a 4G connection
    2- Settings menu seems to be slightly snappier

And most importantly for me, the PHONE app. It now launches instantly and without a single hiccup and that includes hitting the Dial Pad button. Thank you BlackBerry!
    05-06-13 12:06 AM
    Lol I think it's very funny when people say their phones "Settle" this doesn't happen... it's a imaginary placebo.

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:15 AM
    Lol I think it's very funny when people say their phones "Settle" this doesn't happen... it's a imaginary placebo.

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Placebo is the most effective medicine.
    But anyway I could not agree more.

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    05-06-13 01:54 AM
    We are all impatient for 10.1 (those without a q10 or leaked version) but Rome wasn't built in a day. Nobody wants to wait on it but they have to test it out properly first. Things could be worse though you could be on Verizon. In all likelihood it will arrive at BlackBerry live so the 14th-16th. I'd rather wait for the official update than try a leaked OS personally but if you are that impatient load the leak there are many who have successfully loaded it.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-06-13 03:04 AM
    Will BB come out with an update for bbm to let us Z10 users bc msgs by category? Doing it manually is painstakingly ****ty!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:44 AM
131 ... 23456