I'd like it as soon as possible as well, although based on information, it looks like most of my issues could be gone forever. It's a great phone but the few missing items have had a bad impact on us and I wouldn't have done this had I known before hand that BlackBerry was going to remove tools that have been synonymous with BlackBerry for many years.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:51 PM
    I used to install leaks all the time with my 9900. I hate say it, but I am a bit intimidated with this Z10. I'm going to read up on it a bit and perhaps take the plunge!! These bugs are driving me nuts.
    Pegon_Fighter likes this.
    05-04-13 09:40 PM
    I tried to wait for official update release, and finally got tempted by the latest 1627 build leak. So I installed that leak and no regret so far. The most improved part for me is the cursor moving magnification and typing experience, seems like the keyboard's IQ increased from 140 to 160 now! Smarter than ever.

Posted via my Awesome Z10
    EarthyBerry and aming63 like this.
    05-04-13 09:58 PM
    Hey Rizaru,
    Do you know where I can find a detailed link on how to do a leak? I have been looking through the forums and they are short explanations...This Z10 is too sexy to mess it up!!

I tried to wait for official update release, and finally got tempted by the latest 1627 build leak. So I installed that leak and no regret so far. The most improved part for me is the cursor moving magnification and typing experience, seems like the keyboard's IQ increased from 140 to 160 now! Smarter than ever.

05-04-13 10:14 PM
    I decided to wait it out and not download any leaked version. I'm on T-Mobile, for the record.
    To be honest, I haven't felt the need to update because my battery life has been pretty decent(it's actually gotten better with time) and the phone hasn't really been acting up on me. I did experience a couple of problems with the phone/contacts app, the phone basically froze, it showed none of my contacts and another time I just couldn't navigate through all my contacts. I had to restart the device on both occasions. Other than that, it's all been good. I would ask those who have downloaded the 10.1 leak if this issue has been corrected.
    05-04-13 10:30 PM
    Then don't wait just be happy with what you havr

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:36 PM
    It'll be out this month. I'm sure you can wait.

The Z10 as it is right now is pretty solid.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    I would think that most people who are looking for the update are not having solid performance right now. That's why they want the update...
    05-04-13 10:39 PM
    What is the version packaged in the Q10? Same number version as the latest leak, .1627?
    05-04-13 10:52 PM
    The way I see it, if you are patient then wait. If you are impatient then download the leaked OS but be sure to back up your Z10 first. I for one will definitely wait!
    05-04-13 10:58 PM
    Been using leaked OS Z10STL100-1/10.1.0.1609 for 2 days. I can say do far so good, superb battery life. And my Z is less hot now. Pretty happy.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:03 PM
    Carriers. They have no business in my phone's software. Just like they have no business on my to either. But I can choose not to get that....

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:05 PM
    For those of you that have installed the .1627 leak and had no issues, awesome. I installed it and could no longer send text so had to downgrade, major bummer. Hope Roger's releases their 10.1 SOOON, as I should be able to load it on my ATT Z10, since I don't think the US carriers are going to release much before August.
    05-04-13 11:21 PM
    Hey Rizaru,
    Do you know where I can find a detailed link on how to do a leak? I have been looking through the forums and they are short explanations...This Z10 is too sexy to mess it up!!
    Actually I couldn't find any thorough walkthrough for installing leak, so I'll just let you know from what I've experienced.

1. Download the leak autoloader file from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8408880, pick the right file according to your phone model, you can check it by pressing myver, for example mine is Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1627. Extract the file and you'll see an .exe file, don't open it just yet.

2. Backup your Z10 with BlackBerry Link software on computer. Don't forget to move all files from the device to media card. If you want to remember the order of your app drawer, you can take some screenshots of it by pressing up and down volume button at the same time. Close the Link software and unplug the device.

3. After making sure the backup is successfully made, charge the phone to some acceptable battery level, just in case.

4. Pray and make sure that nobody is disturbing you until the next hour.

5. Plug back the device to your computer withOUT Link software opened. Run the .exe file that you've downloaded. This file is a command prompt application, you'll see the connecting and loading software process on the command prompt window. The phone will turned off and notification LED will turn red then green, that's normal. Do not touch the device, wait until the command prompt says finished and your phone turn back on with a new fresh OS. Unplug the device and do the first time setup.

6. Check how's things going with the fresh installed OS, and if everything's okay, restart it and plug it back to the computer. This time open the BlackBerry Link software and restore back.

7. For myself, I remember having email account sign in problem after restore, nothing to worry about though, you just need to go to 'Settings > Accounts' and delete everything. Restart your phone and re-add all the accounts. Everything should be okay after.

8. And if you have whatsapp app restored too, delete it and reinstall from the BB World, cause I experienced that whatsapp isn't recognizing some of my contacts. It took me some time for all my contacts to appear in the contacts app.

9. Check for app updates in BBW , some apps are updated to support this 10.1 platform. Do NOT update it all at once, but one app at a time, as I experienced that the installation of updated apps stucked when you do it all at once.

9. The phone getting warm and sluggish for the first few hours is expected. It's smooth afterwards. Battery life more or less is the same with my previous 10.0.10.85 T-Mobile release.

10. Check for the new HDR camera feature, better typing experience, and WhatsApp Hub integration. Sideload some apps that you need. I noticed some performance improvements for sideloaded apps, compared with 10.0 runtime emulator.

11. Enjoy your new OS! Please report whenever you experience any problem or issue. I'll be happy to help.

Vector-SS and thatplaybookguy like this.
    05-04-13 11:26 PM
    What are feature(s) you can't wait for?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:01 AM
    It's actually so much more simple to do now.. you download the leak plug your phone in, back up with BlackBerry Link. Shut down BlackBerry Link, run the download it may or may not ask for an password depending on I'd you set one up, wait til you phone loads, restore and it's done! you don't even pick options anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:17 AM
    What are feature(s) you can't wait for?

Posted via CB10
    All the features and fixes I've been hearing about. HDR, the green text highlights, the improved selector tool (which I saw a video of, and it seems to be much better), pasting phone numbers in the dialer, file share with BlackBerry Link, and pretty much all the others I've heard about...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:22 AM
    Posted via CB10 error
    05-05-13 12:24 AM
    Tired of waiting here too with Verizon. So many bugs. My phone doesn't charge if it's over 98 degrees internal temp which is anytime it uses a lot of LTE or plays a game!

Posted via CB10
    Same but I took the leaked and its sweat! If you want the update and have Verizon you have a couple of choices. New carrier or take the leak that's it. They have always ran months behind on all updates. I had a nexus which was suppose to be a live update straight from Google and the even messed that up by months had to get a leaked version for it.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:29 AM
    I'm patiently waiting for the update to come out. No rush, just hope they realize it with minimal bugs. Software running now is great, hopefully it's a solid upgrade in some features

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 03:37 AM
    Don't be surprised when people reply to an inflammatory thread with an inflammatory reply.

Impatience is NOT a virtue.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 03:40 AM
    since i'm having no issues with the OS... i'm waiting.
    05-05-13 03:52 AM
    Updates are always good news, but what is up with all this side loading? I love my z10 to the max... loyal and always will be. can BlackBerry Just develop apps officially... and forget all these side loading?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 04:24 AM
    It's actually so much more simple to do now.. you download the leak plug your phone in, back up with BlackBerry Link. Shut down BlackBerry Link, run the download it may or may not ask for an password depending on I'd you set one up, wait til you phone loads, restore and it's done! you don't even pick options anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Can this be done on a Mac computer, or is that restriction still in place?
    05-05-13 04:31 AM
    I am also waiting for the official update myself. I went through 4 z10's because of the reboot issues and decided to go back my iPhone 5 until they release the update.

I will be monitoring the forum for feedback to see if the reboot and GMail issues have been resolved. I really do miss my z10, but I can't have a device that reboots in the middle of a phone call.
    05-05-13 05:07 AM
    Lol go and pick up an android and see how long you'll be waiting for the latest version of Jelly bean. Actually pick up an Android now and wait to see how long it takes for you to get Key Lime Pie when Google releases the vanilla OS.

Then come back and tell me you are sick of waiting

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 05:46 AM
131 12345 ...